It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J. White calculates why Apollo craft could not have survived passage through the VABs

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambros56
a reply to: Zaphod58
Yes I know that but if people are allowed to post and discuss in the thread. Why cant we star a post ?

Because there is a great bias to giving stars for irrelevant posts in Apollo discussion threads
in favor to Apollo landing believers. They simply rack up their points in these threads.

The subject itself cannot be put into the hoax category as it has been a discussion point
for many threads, documentaries, and national TV programs. So I have no idea how moderators for
Above Top Secret can determine whether or not NASA has lied about the moon landings and the
ability for manned space-craft to traverse the belts with 1960's or today's technology. So far
no other nation or space program has attempted it.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

No wonder you can't understand how people landed on the moon if you can't even understand simple English.

You have been busted again. Next time when somebody asks a straight forward question, offer a straight forward answer or don't answer at all; especially if a question was not directed towards you.

I pointed out that BOB or Braunig, only plotted Apollo 11 and not the other missions. Without doing so he, nor anyone else, could know if any other mission ended up going through the heart of the van allen belts. I asked, did any other Apollo mission go through the heart of the VA belts, every apollo supporter said No. Even after I have repeatedly said NASA has stated that at least one mission did. And still, people here bring up BOB's one mission plot as their proof for every other mission. Sorry, thats not evidence! And thats lazy and silly. I never claimed that Apollo 11 went through the heart of the VABs, nor did NASA.

So now, open up that biased, obtuse mind, for once, do your own research and find that simple statement NASA made
about an Apollo mission going through the harshest part of the van allen belts. There is more than one source for it. Many have apollo supporters have even posted the documents on this very thread I believe.

And where is that poster claiming that no major flares, or no X-class flares occurred during an Apollo mission.
He or she, and everyone else that still has that silly notion needs to come here and Appologize.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FoosM

No wonder you can't understand how people landed on the moon if you can't even understand simple English.

You have been busted again. Next time when somebody asks a straight forward question, offer a straight forward answer or don't answer at all; especially if a question was not directed towards you.

I was perfectly clear. I said Braeunig did the maths for Apollo 11, and provided the numbers for the other missions, and you are welcome to do the same for the others by following the same format.

I asked, did any other Apollo mission go through the heart of the VA belts, every apollo supporter said No. Even after I have repeatedly said NASA has stated that at least one mission did.

So now, open up that biased, obtuse mind, for once, do your own research and find that simple statement NASA made about an Apollo mission going through the harshest part of the van allen belts. There is more than one source for it. Many have apollo supporters have even posted the documents on this very thread I believe.

Pure semantics. For the third time, what do you mean by "the harshest part"?

Put up some hard numbers or shut up.

Here's a clue for you: the mission that went closest to the heart of the belts was Apollo 14.

The numbers are there in the link.

Go ahead and do the maths and report your findings.

PS: The reason this thread is in the HOAX section is that you started it to discuss Jarrah White's video, which has been proven to be incorrect, untrue, false, a HOAX.

edit on 5-8-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

. Next time when somebody asks a straight forward question, offer a straight forward answer or don't answer at all; especially if a question was not directed towards you.

You really don't have an irony detector do you?

I pointed out that BOB or Braunig, only plotted Apollo 11 and not the other missions. Without doing so he, nor anyone else, could know if any other mission ended up going through the heart of the van allen belts. I asked, did any other Apollo mission go through the heart of the VA belts, every apollo supporter said No.

You were bitching not that long ago that no-one would answer your question - now, all of a sudden everyone did. You were asked, repeatedly, that if you have any evidence that one did you should produce it. You never have.

Even after I have repeatedly said NASA has stated that at least one mission did.

See above. Just because you stated it doesn't mean it's true. Quite the opposite.

And still, people here bring up BOB's one mission plot as their proof for every other mission. Sorry, thats not evidence! And thats lazy and silly. I never claimed that Apollo 11 went through the heart of the VABs, nor did NASA.

The maths are there for you to do - refusing to do them is lazy and silly.

So now, open up that biased, obtuse mind, for once, do your own research

No sense of irony at all...

and find that simple statement NASA made
about an Apollo mission going through the harshest part of the van allen belts. There is more than one source for it. Many have apollo supporters have even posted the documents on this very thread I believe.

Then you should have no trouble providing the source and the exact quote in context.

And where is that poster claiming that no major flares, or no X-class flares occurred during an Apollo mission.
He or she, and everyone else that still has that silly notion needs to come here and Appologize.

If you have proof that a major or X class flare occurred during an Apollo mission then you are free to provide the evidence that they did.

You'll get an apology when you provide some evidence that you deserve one. I'm guessing neither of those things are likely to happen.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Well JW sorry FoosM it's in the HOAX bin were it belongs you better work on your next thread sorry post the next JW video, in fact why don't you invite him on or is he already here

Watch out for those shadows

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I was perfectly clear. I said Braeunig did the maths for Apollo 11, and provided the numbers for the other missions, and you are welcome to do the same for the others by following the same format.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Here's a clue for you: the mission that went closest to the heart of the belts was Apollo 14.

Wait... wait... are you now admitting that not all missions had the same trajectory?
Hallelujah! Congratulations!

But what do you mean "closest"?
Why don't you say right through it?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Wait... wait... are you now admitting that not all missions had the same trajectory?

What do you mean "admitting"? For one thing, anyone who knows anything about Apollo KNOWS THAT, and for another, for the past two pages I have been showing you the ACTUAL trajectory elements. You have only just acknowledged the fact.

Here's another thing: in order to pass "right through" the heart of the belts, Apollo 14 would have had to be launched along the geomagnetic equator.

Once you've finished your little maths problem, you'll be able to tell us all whether it did or not.
edit on 5-8-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

what do you mean by "heart of the van allen belts"?? do you have hard boundaries for that?? is your definition of the heart of the van allen belt the same as everyone else? does everyone have the same definition of the heart of the VA belt??

why dont you define what you mean by the heart of the VA belt?? from where to where??

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
HOAX BIN or not.......

Bickering is not discussing the topic...and You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

What do you mean "admitting"? For one thing, anyone who knows anything about Apollo KNOWS THAT, and for another, for the past two pages I have been showing you the ACTUAL trajectory elements. You have only just acknowledged the fact.

Here's another thing: in order to pass "right through" the heart of the belts, Apollo 14 would have had to be launched along the geomagnetic equator.

Once you've finished your little maths problem, you'll be able to tell us all whether it did or not.

So are you saying they did or they didn't? Because you are not being clear about it.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: choos

what do you mean by "heart of the van allen belts"?? do you have hard boundaries for that?? is your definition of the heart of the van allen belt the same as everyone else? does everyone have the same definition of the heart of the VA belt??

why dont you define what you mean by the heart of the VA belt?? from where to where??

Whose definition would you trust?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FoosM

Why don't you just post the link you've been itching to post, and then explain what you think it means and why?
edit on 6-8-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Why don't you just post the link you've been itching to post, and then explain what you think it means and why?

Well here, BOB says:

It took Apollo only about an hour to pass through the worst part of the radiation belts - once on the outbound trip and once again on the return trip.
www.braeunig.us...

The worst part he says. So what could he mean by the worst part?
Oh wait... he changes his mind.

We see clearly that Apollo 11 bypassed the most intense zones, instead skirting along the edges. Furthermore, in agreement with the electron belt overlay, we see Apollo 11 leaving the vicinity of the VARB after about 90 minutes.

www.braeunig.us...

So in one statement he claims Apollo went through the worst part of the belt, then in an other page he states it bypassed the most intense, or worst part, of the belt. And then, he states that it takes only 60 minutes to get through the worst part of the belt, but then says on the other page, the whole time in the belts took only 90 minutes.

So for the same radiation doses we have two different stories by the same author. They both can't be correct.
Either NASA had to bypass the worse regions of the belt, or they didn't have to. Which one is it?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

If you have proof that a major or X class flare occurred during an Apollo mission then you are free to provide the evidence that they did.

You'll get an apology when you provide some evidence that you deserve one. I'm guessing neither of those things are likely to happen.

Umm... go back a page. I did when you asked for it.
Now where is the apology?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The worst part of the regions it crosses, of course.

Apollo 11 didn't cross the most intense parts of the WHOLE belt. Apollo 14 passed closer to the most intense parts, but still not THE MOST intense parts of the whole belt.

And in any case it had already been demonstrated that an Apollo craft could pass right through the most intense part of the belts and not exceed safe radiation doses.

That was kind of an important part of the mission planning.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Apollo 11 didn't cross the most intense parts of the WHOLE belt. Apollo 14 passed closer to the most intense parts, but still not THE MOST intense parts of the whole belt.

What the... it passed the most intense region but not the most intense region?
Where do you come up with this stuff?

And where do you come with Apollo 14 passing close to the most intense regions of the belts, but not
through most intense region?

And are you going to finally admit that not all Apollo flights took the same trajectory?

And in any case it had already been demonstrated that an Apollo craft could pass right through the most intense part of the belts and not exceed safe radiation doses.

That was kind of an important part of the mission planning.

It also has been demonstrated, that based on dosimetry data, Apollo 7 took
a round trip to the moon.

edit on 6-8-2014 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

What the... it passed the most intense region but not the most intense region?
Where do you come up with this stuff?

It's quite simple for anyone who understands English. The busiest part of my journey to work today was Lower Thames Street, but that's not the busiest road in the whole of London.

And where do you come with Apollo 14 passing close to the most intense regions of the belts, but not through most intense region?

From looking at the orbital trajectory, and from reading books.

And are you going to finally admit that not all Apollo flights took the same trajectory?

For the second time, how is that an "admission" when that is exactly the fact I have been trying to make you comprehend? Why do you think Apollo 14 had such a relatively high dose?

It also has been demonstrated, that based on dosimetry data, Apollo 7 took
a round trip to the moon.

How do you figure that?

The Apollo 7 dose rate was about 0.015 rad per day.

The lowest dose rate for any of the missions to the moon was about 0.022 rad per day, some 50% higher. Most were significantly higher than this.

Remember, most of the duration of a moon mission is BEYOND the high radiation zone.

Most of the duration of a low earth orbit mission is UNDER the high radiation zone.

Both will briefly encounter it, and a lot depends on the exact orbit followed. Didn't I explain all this with Gemini?
edit on 6-8-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
As my post above has been largely ignored....

Thread Closed.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join