It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Product Placement And The Worst Film Ive Seen In A Long Time.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
The last half decent movie was Avatar.

I mean, it looked cool. Other than that, it was pretty good for a comedy.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I watched the first one because my brother's into the series and wanted me to watch it. I thought it was really boring.

There's a scene in Shrek 2 (animated product placement!) when the city is being destroyed and a bunch of people are sitting in a Starbucks. They get scared and run across the street into another Starbucks. I always thought that scene was funny.

I'm not sure how to embed videos, but here's the link

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Almost all films have blatant product placement these days. Helps to pay for the film, but ridiculous when in situations one would not normally find the product for sure.

Anyway, I wanted to mention the new ET film Earth to ECHO

I just wanted to warn everyone, if you have even the littlest bit of motion sickness, don't go.

It is filmed like Blair Witch, only the previews don't indicate that.

I had to close my eyes during more than 1/2 of it or risk getting sick to my stomach. Even my hubby who never gets motion sick was queasy by the end of the movie.

Too bad, the kids were good actors, the storyline cute for everyone, it would have been a great little family movie if not for the cinematography.

Thanks for the Heads Up!
I wanted to watch that, until now.
Same thing with Cloverfield, I waited an hour and a half for the real movie to start, instead just a bunch of camera jogging.
There was that one with the kids that got super powers that was filmed with same technique, just not nearly as tough to handle

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Product placement itself doesn't bother me. When done well, the product is just another piece of set design. When done poorly, it's laughable. Really, these products are all around us in our everyday lives anyhow. The balance is to draw subtle attention to the product without making it so blatant it's irritating.

Here's a brief history of product placement of films. I'll bet you'll never guess where they end it ...
edit on 21-7-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

You forgot to mention the 3hrs of your life that you lost.

I saw it in an Imax.... Worst thing I ever did.

The overall story was total garbage. It seemed to have been written by trained monkeys.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChuckNasty

You forgot to mention the 3hrs of your life that you lost.

I saw it in an Imax.... Worst thing I ever did.

The overall story was total garbage. It seemed to have been written by trained monkeys.

Im so tempted to bet you that even trained monkeys could write something much better than that drivel!

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

So are people (or robots, which don't have a gender by definition, by the way) FORBIDDEN to save the world, planet or day if they have a specific set of genitals, insted of the other set? How misandristic can you get? Let men or females save the world if they want - I don't care if females do it or not. Just enjoy the movie or not, it has nothing to do with your political agenda.

I have seen PLENTY of females 'save the day', and if the movie/game/whatever is good, why should I care what's between their big toes? As long as the story is good and the world gets saved, why would you even bring the gender into it?

Women want to be protected, but now they want to save the world as well? Go ahead, who's stopping you? I'll watch a movie about a 'cool woman' just as much as a 'cool man' - I don't really see them as genitals anyway, I see them as people.

Maybe you should learn to do the same instead of vomiting misandry all over my monitor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join