It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Noticed?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Hi,
Has anyone noticed that, you get a general sense of well being after bathing with water heated by solar heating directly as opposed to water heated by other means.
Now what could be in the solar radiation that can seemingly impart such a magical quality to the water?
Could it be in the em wave photons?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I don't have a solar water heater. I have swam in a pond that was heated by the sun but I don't think that is what your referring to..

We do know the sun does have certain Heath benefits, vitamins D and K.

I have read they recommend two hours a day of sunlight.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Sorry, I did mean a solar water heater. Im leaning towards, spin states of electrons in the water molecules is changed and that is what imparts such qualities to the water
a reply to: HooHaa

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Sorry, I did mean a solar water heater. Im leaning towards, spin states of electrons in the water molecules is changed and that is what imparts such qualities to the water
a reply to: HooHaa

since the water heater still uses electric elements to heat the water, the only thing different is how that electricity is made... I'm not sure your spin state theory holds "water"....

perhaps its just your own smugness at having to pay less or nothing for heating it?
edit on 7-21-14 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

perhaps its just your own smugness at having to pay less or nothing for heating it?

Perhaps instead of making comments about smugness and trying to be clever, you should try a little reading comprehension.

Try reading the OP again and perhaps if that does not make it clear for you, you could try a little research on how solar hot water heaters work.

P

edit on 21/7/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

And how is combating all cleverness working for you? (Insert passive aggressive smiley face here!)

Sorry... couldn't help it... or rather, didn't want to help it... but lighthearted chiding seemed appropriate.

As far as the OP... weird, now that you mention it, when I used a solar water heater I did feel "better" but chalked it up to being in a pretty house in the country with all the modern and aesthetic amenities.

Maybe there is some effect but as no direct sunlight is involved I am at a loss as to why it might be.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

There are solar water heaters that use clear tube for the water to pass through. A curved mirror behind the clear tube reflects and magnifies the solar radiation.

Perhaps the OP has one of those.

P

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Baddogma

There are solar water heaters that use clear tube for the water to pass through. A curved mirror behind the clear tube reflects and magnifies the solar radiation.

Perhaps the OP has one of those.

P
No its a normal water heater with I think with ss tubes and black absorbent material on and between the tubes

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Ah, but then you have warm plastic and water... which releases estrogenic compounds into the liquid... which might give one a sense of well being ... along with a huge rack.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

No its a normal water heater with I think with ss tubes and black absorbent material on and between the tubes

Then you need to determine if any particles/waves/photons/whatevers can get through the black and the ss. I don't like your chances.

Of course, you could look at it the other way, that Electric elements contaminate the water and now that is not happening.

Have you ever had Gas hot water? If so what did you feel.

Otherwise, send an sms to all your friends and find someone with a gas fired heater and go try a few showers as a test.

Try and be scientific about it all.

P

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Hi,
Has anyone noticed that, you get a general sense of well being after bathing with water heated by solar heating directly as opposed to water heated by other means.
Now what could be in the solar radiation that can seemingly impart such a magical quality to the water?
Could it be in the em wave photons?

It's been decades since I"ve been in a natural hot springs.

However when in any body of water that exists in nature, with as little of touch by man - I've always felt refreshed and energized...my friends, family and others would make fun of me for being a 'hippy' who was clearly born long after my time for claiming it made me feel that way.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Perhaps more vitamin D is in naturally heated water

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

There is no Vitamin D in any kind of heated water. Sunlight doesn't contain Vitamin D. Sunlight just helps mammals photolyze 7-dehydrocholesterol n a 6-electron conrotatory ring-opening electrocyclic reaction. Pure water doesn't contain any cholesterols so no vitamin D can be produced.
And as for the "spin state" theory, it, too, can be ignored. Spin state can be changed by light, but the light must be polarized first. See, Beth, R. (1936). Mechanical Detection and Measurement of the Angular Momentum of Light Physical Review, 50 (2), 115-125 DOI: 10.1103/PhysRev.50.115

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Then you need to determine if any particles/waves/photons/whatevers can get through the black and the ss. I don't like your chances.

Of course, you could look at it the other way, that Electric elements contaminate the water and now that is not happening.

Have you ever had Gas hot water? If so what did you feel.

Otherwise, send an sms to all your friends and find someone with a gas fired heater and go try a few showers as a test.

Try and be scientific about it all.

P

Lol unless you are getting bearden type scalars in the solar radiation.

Correct

Yes ive tried gas and electric several times and I didn't find anything special

sms not necessary since ive tried solar and other means several times and solar does it every time.

This is new kind of physics after all.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

originally posted by: Meldionne1

There is no Vitamin D in any kind of heated water. Sunlight doesn't contain Vitamin D. Sunlight just helps mammals photolyze 7-dehydrocholesterol n a 6-electron conrotatory ring-opening electrocyclic reaction. Pure water doesn't contain any cholesterols so no vitamin D can be produced.
And as for the "spin state" theory, it, too, can be ignored. Spin state can be changed by light, but the light must be polarized first. See, Beth, R. (1936). Mechanical Detection and Measurement of the Angular Momentum of Light Physical Review, 50 (2), 115-125 DOI: 10.1103/PhysRev.50.115

Ok...that makes sense, the vitamin d is created within us from the suns chemical reaction....so water cant do that...hydrogen and oxygen...ok got it....but could there be some other micro organism within water that could chemically change with the sun.....like fluoride ...or some mineral from rocks depending where you live? And then our skin absorbers it as we bath or swim in it?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The solar water heaters are always fitted with a glass panel which increases the wavelength of the light and this IRR cannot get back out, as to the longer wavelength IRR, the glass panel is opaque. The light is not polarized though. Then what could be imparting this special quality to the water. Some of you should try this out and post. Kind of intriguing.
a reply to: Meldionne1

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Ah, but then you have warm plastic and water... which releases estrogenic compounds into the liquid... which might give one a sense of well being ... along with a huge rack.
No there is no plastic there in contact with the water. The black high emmissivity coating is on the outside of the tubes. The water is in contact only with the ss tubes.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Aha! I think I nailed it.
Since the IRR cannot back out due to total internal reflection, it hunts about inside the water heater assembly and this back and forth / hunting action changes the spin states of the electrons in the ss tubes and the water.
The sense of well being is somehow linked to the changed spin states of electrons in the water.
The medic researchers can take over and take this science further.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Howdy,

I'm having a hard time imagining a process by which you can alter water to impart "happy feely" mojo to the molecules... Heat is heat. Energy does the same thing, regardless of source, to a water molecule. You heat up the molecule the same with thermal heat from the sun as you do thermal heat from any other source. I doubt that anything else is occurring. Nothing perceptibly different, at least. I mean, would you really know the difference?

I don't mean to rain on your parade OP, but my forecast for your shower hypothesis is not good...

Regards,
Hydeman

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I detect confirmation bias

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join