It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Rick Perry to deploy 1,000 National Guard troops to RGV

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ah, the good old publicity stunt! "look what I did!"

Do you think the Texas National Guard is going to the border to run patrols or something? Sorry, but they will mostly fill administrative roles, and assist with processing, etc.

Looks good on paper though! Rick Perry, defender of sweet clean Americans...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Ah, the good old publicity stunt! "look what I did!"

Do you think the Texas National Guard is going to the border to run patrols or something? Sorry, but they will mostly fill administrative roles, and assist with processing, etc.

Looks good on paper though! Rick Perry, defender of sweet clean Americans...

If the TNG does nothing more than you suggest, it's likely more Border Patrol agents will be freed up to perform their intended duties. The worst than can happen is the DOJ will sue Texas for interfering in federal responsibilities, which would just make them look more stupid than they already do.

What would you suggest be done to help out in this situation?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

Oh, don't get me wrong. My reply was more directed at the many posts on this thread indicating that the TNG would somehow be patrolling and/or apprehending, which it is not.

I do agree that their help will free up some CBP officers, but the real intent, like everyone else involved in this parade of campaign fodder, was nothing more than window dressing. Perry's advisers know that people will think he just sent 1,000 troops to defend the border, and that just isn't the case.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join