It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Rick Perry to deploy 1,000 National Guard troops to RGV

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Here he has to disrupt the lives of a thousand people ... some of whom are bound to have other regular employment and families too.

They knew this when they took the job. So this is no excuse to not use the NG to protect their states border.

It's about time Ricky got off his lazy ass and did something for himself instead of whining to the government to solve their problem for them.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Would should just send in the Marines not the National Guard and destroy the Cartels, MS13 and finally annex mexico. When they are geared with 50. Cal's and who knows what else. It's time to look at this as a full fledged invasion. It's time to lay waste and bring back some order.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

They knew this when they took the job. So this is no excuse to not use the NG to protect their states border.

And when was the last time the Guard was assigned to stem the flow of immigrants at the border?

Look at the chaos ... and roar!!! Where's the fiddler? I know that tune.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So are these guardsmen going to be essentially border patrol agents?
As in are they going to be responding to sensors and then tracking the groups?
Or are they just extra muscle to try and intimidate. Hope it's not that cause the cartels are quite the bear to poke.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Awesome thread đź‘ŤYou finally got my attention!

S n F

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
1000 Troops, at best 300ish on guard at any given time....

I'm not exactly read on, nor have a good idea of what is going wrong at the border. Apparently something is going wrong and only those who live near the border are aware severity.

A crisis indeed.

Yep. and half of those will be support. Purely a symbolic action just like when Obama did it. This area of the border is about 110 miles. The DMZ in Korea is 150 miles and has tens of thousands of troops on it with walls, sensors, mines ect and people still get manage infiltrate the south from the north. If that does not open up people eyes to the fallacy of thinking we can secure the borders nothing can.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Based on my own first hand observation, methamphetimine, and pharmaceutical opioids are where the business is at. Weed and coke have become passe. We either hit prime targets hard, or we get used to watching beheadings of Americans on the internet. The only other sensible retaliation is to take the profit out of the market via decriminlization. That's not likely to happen, so just get ready to watch the heads roll.
edit on 21-7-2014 by skunkape23 because: correction

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
There will be blood. Those Mexican cartels are no joke. The biggest blow the U.S. could deliver would be to completely decriminalize drugs.

Neither is the US military.

After a decade of war they can handle themselves.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
just a little clarification for you Obama-haters....first, Obama needs an act of congress to send national guard troops to the border.....second, national guard troops have no authority for arrest, or detention. third, in Perry's own words they would be there just for a "show of force", this is what he said to Brit Hume of Fox news....
edit on 21-7-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Obama can't do his own job so someone has to do it for him I guess.

Good job Gov. Perry.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

Good job Gov. Perry.

-SAP-

it's not his job, because the law says that it takes an act of congress...tell your right-wingers in congress, to get off their collective asses and do their job....it must be easy to be a republican congressmen....say no to the president every day, pass no meaningful legislation, collect 174,000 a year in salary only.

SM2

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

Good job Gov. Perry.

-SAP-

it's not his job, because the law says that it takes an act of congress...tell your right-wingers in congress, to get off their collective asses and do their job....it must be easy to be a republican congressmen....say no to the president every day, pass no meaningful legislation, collect 174,000 a year in salary only.

It is his job to ensure that the borders are secure and American citizens are safe and secure. That is pretty much the number 1 of any president . He has failed in dramatic fashion, and has decided to take a few weeks off and play some golf instead of handling his obligations.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Ugh okay... One of the responsibilities of being the POTUS is keeping your people safe and having a secure country, has he done that? No. He hasn't.

Tell your liberal congressmen to get off THEIR collective rumps and make Obama do HIS job...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

First as usual ...

Second.....

10 U.S. Code § 12406 - National Guard in Federal service: call

Whenever—

(1) the United States, or any of the Commonwealths or possessions, is invaded or is in danger of invasion by a foreign nation;

(2) there is a rebellion or danger of a rebellion against the authority of the Government of the United States; or

(3) the President is unable with the regular forces to execute the laws of the United States;
the President may call into Federal service members and units of the National Guard of any State in such numbers as he considers necessary to repel the invasion, suppress the rebellion, or execute those laws. Orders for these purposes shall be issued through the governors of the States or, in the case of the District of Columbia, through the commanding general of the National Guard of the District of Columbia.

This could not be what we are talking about?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So exactly what is the NG supposed to do? Break the law? Start a war? Oh I know... it's to cost Texas money just to reinforce the notion that the Administration is acting illegally or incompetently. We don't need to terrify already traumatized children to do that. But wait... all the actual illegal stuff is just fine with the GOP.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Let's see, Obama tells Arizona that they can't enforce the border because it the Feds job but tells the Feds not to do anything.

Stay classy obama.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Please stop with the whole "think of the children" crap it's getting old.

You know what we don't need right now? More useless mouths to feed!

Let's worry about our own first!
edit on 21-7-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

There will be blood. Those Mexican cartels are no joke. The biggest blow the U.S. could deliver would be to completely decriminalize drugs.

originally posted by: neo96
Neither is the US military.

After a decade of war they can handle themselves.

Sounds like a conflict of interest, drug cartels vs. the troops sent to guard the drug fields. Ultimately it seems likely they all have the same paymaster. Decriminalizing would do a lot to take the wind out of their sails but then would leave a lot of folks without a job to do.

As for handling themselves, the politicians are the champions of that. However, not just themselves but their hand taking us into the throes of delight, disgust, revulsion, bliss, and passion to keep us enthralled in a fantasy, the drama meant to keep us from seeing the world being staged from behind the set. You think you see the big picture? You are seeing the full production number being acted out for you. Boo the actors off the stage or bring in a new director but the show must go on. It's a total sell-out.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

HUH?
The cartels attack then the US military should chase them into Mexico and put and end to it once and for all. I'm all for marijuana being legalized, but the really bad, life destroying addictive ones?? No way! The world would go to hell in a hand basket then.

These troops should've been sent there years ago, but I guess better late than never. I just wonder what their orders are? Stand in a building and look at the wall? Or actually try and catch illegal invaders and destroy cartels?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

It's a bit more complicated than 'think of the children' try re-reading my post the context is clear for those that aren't just hoping for shots to be fired. For one thing the majority of the crisis is in fact children showing up at the border, alone. For another, US policy prior to Obama states that immigrants must be taken into custody and processed. Now with the law in mind do you have an answer to my question... what is the NG supposed to do exactly?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join