It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli military ‘using flechette rounds in Gaza Strip’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Murder is murder, so its really just semantics regarding there weapon of choice. Granted these flechette shells are an area of effect type weapon but there not the only ones being used.

The real point is that Israel should not be firing anything into a heavily populated civilian areas!

Shame on them.

Its only murder when you do the dictionary meaning of it. has to have a few stipulations. MALICE,INTENT

Soldiers do not commit murder for the most part.(some dumb people do comit murder though so dont go there) Anyway a soldier most of the time does not hold any malice toward their target. Its usually un planned which goes to intent. Soldiers do not set out to kill a individual person which negatesthe "murder" definition. soldiers are being sent somewhere hostile and just try to stay alive.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Every nation kills people. No one should get a award for killing someone. its always a failure when you have to resort to death. Know why we dont use hollow point bullets in the military? Because they kill to often. the rounds the US uses are mostly for maiming purposes(and actually all geneva nations) because it takes 3 out of the fight when you wound one person. SHould we stop doing that and just go for outright kills?

We should say screw the Geneva Conventions and use chemical weapons to put everyone to sleep while we go in and get the bad guys and their guns, but our government is more likely to save that tactic for their war on us.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

"The Israeli military is reportedly using flechette shells in its offensive in Gaza"

This is called propaganda, it does not say "is" or "there is evidence." As much as I would like to see Israel bitchslapped for their war crimes and crimes against humanity, this is not proof of anything but manipulation of the MSM.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/21.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The only time i hold with what is still essentially murder is in the defence of your own nation. Doing it anywhere else in whatever fashion is in my opinion murder, government sponsored or otherwise.

Does not really matter how we sugar coat it so we can live with ourselves taking another human being's life wrong. Just because the perpetrator has the definition of soldier while carrying out said act does not diminish the significance of taking another's life especially innocent civilians.

Does that mean that the Knights and foot soldiers who took part in the crusades were only doing there job because it was apparently the will of God according to TPTB at the time?

What about the Spanish and other European conquest of the Americas they were only soldiers and look what happened to those indigenous populations.
edit on 21-7-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If it was proven without a doubt they were using illegal weapons, there would be more international public outcry and someone might actually go in there to try to stop them. As it is, they are claiming self defense and have some apparently reasonable legal reasons due to the thousands of rockets fired indiscriminately, so as long as they can claim self defense and are using legal weapons to do so, there will be not much outcry and nothing will be done. I'm not saying it is right what is happening, so if you're point is to say "war is bad" or "killing is bad" well then yeah DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I'm saying is that yes it DOES matter if they are using illegal weapons. It makes their image and position more difficult or impossible, even for previous supporters, to defend and maybe, just maybe, the world could band together in some way shape or form to stop them!

Public opinion Does matter when it reaches a spillover point. Public opinion is what apparently stopped the invasion of Syria.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
My view is that anything that starts a degenerative process in the body before death will carry on to the next life. This is why chemical weapons and such should not be used along with taking a life before a diesese works its coarse or is stopped.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join