It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to be Alone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I have been alone now for nearly ten years. Is something wrong with him my family and friends ask? Could my son be Gay my Mother asks? Is he just a loser in love? How can someone be alone for so long?

Answer - There is no rush for me to find my true love. It will happen, when it happens. When I find my Soul Mate , I will live for myself and her - not society's dictated rules of work, pay taxes and multiply.

For the moment I like my Alonedome.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

edit on 21-7-2014 by BoogieMan911 because: Wrong Forum

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Just a little bit more to explain where I am at.
In 1999 I almost got married to the woman that I thought was my Soul Mate. We had been together for 3 Years. (We had known each other for 8 years). We had a 14 Month old beautiful son together. I was doing 12 hours a day shift work, I was paying off a house and a car, all materiel things to make her happy. I neglected her lonesome stay at home feelings. My ex best friend saw her loneliness better than me. She had a one night stand with him and our relationship died.

I have been alone ever since. Sounds like Sour Grapes doesn't it.
But the way I see it is, we weren't meant to be.
If our communication didn't address her "Stay at Home Mother" loneliness, then we were bound to fail as a married couple.

Finding a true love is hard, heartache is hard, being alone is not so hard.

Am I just Angry? I hope not, Going our separate ways seemed like the right thing to do. (Mutual Decision)

This was our chosen wedding song - Ironic?

edit on 21-7-2014 by NeverMind2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Not everyone can cope with loneliness - obviously you are able to and if that makes you happy in your life, then continue to do what makes you happy. But, most people want to share their life's journeys and experiences with another soul, so each to their own.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NeverMind2013

hang in there mate...i like being alone and I have once been accused of being gay because ive sort of written off women...not that i dont like them but its just more headache than what its worth. I've even had girls call me gay cause I didn't want to date them haha...I just roll with it because it can be a lot of fun...especially as a pick up line "listen im gay and have never had a woman before...id love for you to be my first " haha...im teasing (ive never done that) but being alone has tremendous advantages. You can choose when you do want to socialize.

Maybe once a week or two I go out and have abundant quantities of socialization...it ends up being a great time because most people dont see me much so they are more motivated to talk and share their more interesting stories instead of the mundane. The result is I have better quality time with the ones who I do choose to share with.

And you arent alone...you are ats...like me...which things like ats or online games etc do indeed fill a social void.
edit on 21-7-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

top topics

join