It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sun screws: the art of deception (or: a "which is worse" scenario)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

being separated from what we already had.. (happening in a physical, mental & spiritual way)

At first this sentence comes across as a fancy way of saying "dying" or "being killed slowly". Of course that could very well be what it means and it reminds me of the concept of 'astral body extraction'. But it also reminds me of the general premise of the movie 'A Serious Man'. You'd have to see it to understand what I mean. It's full of symbolism - perhaps you have a scribble sheet from your archives on this one. It's basically a story of a curse that was placed on a Jewish family many generations ago which culminated in a modern Jewish/American family when a series of negative events kept happening that seemed to disintegrate, or separate, all of the various familial and social connections. The entire theme of the movie was accentuated by the Jefferson Airplane song 'Somebody to Love'.

When the truth is found
To be lies
And all the joy
Within you dies

Don't you want somebody to love?
Don't you need somebody to love?
Wouldn't you love somebody to love?
You better find somebody to love
Love

When the garden flowers
Baby, are dead, yes
And your mind, your mind
Is so full of red

Your eyes, I say your eyes
May look like his
Yeah, but in your head, baby
I'm afraid you don't know where it is

Tears are running
They're all running down your dress
And your friends, baby
They treat you like a guest

The song ends up sounding like an ominous warning about needing the energy or connection of love to keep things together overall, after a tornado starts ripping through the small American town.

Taken as a 'SoulWar' attack, I assume that this separation would be for the larger purposes of "tipping over sacred cows", as you phrased it earlier on the thread, given that the family was embedded in a rather superficial environment with a biblical foundation that was no longer offering sufficient guidance for the soul. In that sense it would almost be 'no offense' to the individuals involved in the destruction, but necessary to sweep away what no longer serves. Am I getting close? Or perhaps there is also something about the energy of the soul that is also somehow seen as a type of food source, in a sense, by this Satanic force.

In that line of thinking it would connect the whole 'sex magick' stuff as well, which I am still a newbie to researching. Your 'Grey Goof' story outlines people online playing a videogame when the news of an approaching A.I. outbreak (grey goo) that threatens all of existence interrupts the chat. A male and female online then attempt to experience love and sex before the end and there is a reference to the need for their sexual encounter (grey goo) to be amped up to 120% so that their energetic power of love can help save the world.

This concept also appears in Stephen Spielberg's mini-series 'Taken' in the scene where the 2 scientists involved in studying human/alien hybrids, or mutants, discuss sexual energy, love and advanced psychic abilities. They said the energy concentrated in certain individuals would be so intense that it would be like a nuclear explosion. And indeed, in the Grey Goof chat/story, the male and female characters start engaging in webcam sex, or mutual masturbation, and just at their sexual climax, which had suddenly transitioned from being typed in English to German, the server goes offline and the story ends.

the 'ugly spirit' (if something lesser; ie: merely archetypal) would've been something he would've worked on while practicing this gnosticism (or are they idiots? lol)

Call Me Burroughs, from the Introduction

Burroughs had warned the shaman of the challenge before the ceremony: He “had to face the whole of American capitalism, Rockefeller, the CIA… all of those, particularly Hearst.” Afterward he told Ginsberg, “It’s very much related to the American Tycoon. To William Randolph Hearst, Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, that whole stratum of American acquisitive evil. Monopolistic, acquisitive evil. Ugly evil. The ugly American. The ugly American at his ugly worst. That’s exactly what it is.” William Burroughs believed in spirits, in the occult, in demons, curses, and magic. “I do believe in the magical universe, where nothing happens unless one wills it to happen, and what we see is not one god but many gods in power and in conflict.” He felt himself possessed, and had spent much of his life trying to isolate and exorcise this demon. Asked how he would describe his religious position, Burroughs replied, “An Ismailian and Gnostic, or a Manichean. […] The Manichean believe in an actual struggle between good and evil, which is not an eternal struggle since one of them will win in this particular area, sooner or later.” Throughout his life Burroughs felt engaged in this struggle against the Ugly Spirit. This time he was determined to win.

Burroughs had first identified the Ugly Spirit very early on, back in St. Louis: “When I was a young child, a feeling of attack and danger. I remember when I was five years old, I was sitting with my brother in the house that we had on Pershing, and I got such a feeling of hopelessness that I began crying. And my brother said, ‘What’s the matter with you?’ and I couldn’t tell him. It was just a feeling of being completely at a hopeless disadvantage. It was a ghost of some sort, a spirit. A spirit that was inimical, completely inimical. After that there were many times the condition persisted and that’s what made me think that I needed analysis to find out what was wrong. […] It’s just I have a little bit, a much more clear insight than most people have, that’s all. No problem like that is peculiar to one person.” He knew already that he had been invaded by the Ugly Spirit. It took him a lifetime to expel it.

how might someone like cobain fit in? birds of a feather (i think as you said; male guiding, sun encoding) cobain was apparently talking burroughs into passing that spirit along to him in a (mock) sex ritual, burroughs declined (so the story goes..)

Call Me Burroughs, from Chapter 52

Cobain then faxed Burroughs asking if he would play a crucifixion victim in a promo video for Nirvana’s next single, “Heart-Shaped Box.” Burroughs politely declined. This is perhaps not surprising as the opening scene of the video in Cobain’s script ran as follows: “William and I sitting across from one another at a table (black and white) lots of Blinding Sun from the windows behind us holding hands staring into each others eyes. He gropes me from behind and falls dead on top of me. Medical footage of sperm flowing through penis. A ghost vapor comes out of his chest and groin area and enters my Body.”

I wonder where "hungry ghosts" fit into all of this. I am also curious to know more about 'sex magick'.
edit on 2014-08-09T04:34:29-05:002014Sat, 09 Aug 2014 04:34:29 -050029am34Sat, 09 Aug 2014 04:34:29 -050000 by corsair00 because:

error

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The Inner Adversary from Zap Oracle by Jonathan Zap

“As a myth, the death-instinct is a counterpart to the Devil, the Devil, like the death-instinct, is the Spirit that continually negates. Both constructs point to something devoted to spoiling the quality of life. ”

“…the human soul is divided against itself, as much, perhaps, in love with death as with life. Against all claims of reason, self-interest and morality stands the insidious lure of the death-instinct. Above and beyond politics and ideology, steeped in the hidden byways of our civilized way of life, is something else with which we have to reckon: the thanatos conspiracy. ”
- Michael Grosso, Philosopher, from his book The Final Choice

The Inner Adversary

Embedded within each of us is a spiritual challenge system.

by Dr. Alan Morinis

Even if you know what is good, right and desirable, it isn't so simple just to act that way. No sooner does an inclination to do something good come into your mind or heart than up pops an objection. It might be a contrary thought, or a feeling, or a desire pulling you in the opposite direction.

The Jewish sages give a name to this negative impulse. They call it the yetzer hara, the inclination to evil. We all have that inclination and it challenges us, which is the purpose for which it exists. We are born with free will and can choose to do good or bad, but whenever we try to do something that stretches us in the direction of good we need to expect to encounter this inner resistance arising from the shadows. We have an inner inclination to elevate and purify ourselves — that's the yetzer hatov, the impulse to do good — and what stands in our way is the in-built adversary, the yetzer hara.

Rabbi Eliyahu Dessler has given us a very helpful concept to help us understand this give and take, push and pull we experience whenever we try to do something that reflects our ambition to elevate ourselves. He identifies what he calls the bechira-points in each of us. The word "bechira" means "choice" in Hebrew, and refers to our free will. There is, Rabbi Dessler says, an inner battle-line that is drawn right at those places where choice is very alive for you, where you really could go either way with a decision. He illustrates what he means by referring to a real battle:

When two armies are locked in battle, fighting takes place only at the battlefront. Territory behind the lines of one army is under that army's control and little or no resistance need be expected there. A similar situation prevails in respect of territory behind the lines of the other army. If one side gains a victory at the front and pushes the enemy back, the position of the battlefront will have changed. In fact, therefore, fighting takes place only at one location.

With our inner struggle, the battle takes place only at one point.

This image describes the situation we ourselves regularly face whenever we try to do anything that involves an exercise of choice. If it is an easy choice where your values and appetites are well-established, you don't experience any struggle at all. Nor is it any harder when the choice is so far outside your interests or potential; then you aren't even tempted. Rabbi Dessler zeroes in: "Free will is exercised and a valid choice made only on the borderline between the forces of good and the forces of evil within that person."

edit on 2014-08-09T07:32:35-05:002014Sat, 09 Aug 2014 07:32:35 -050035am32Sat, 09 Aug 2014 07:32:35 -050000 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join