It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sun screws: the art of deception (or: a "which is worse" scenario)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
here's a little story thing..

along the lines of classic examples like 'if you were on a desert island...' or 'if you ruled the world...'

imagine you're living hundreds of years ago (an attempt to "simplify" the story)
you've woken up one bright sunny morning (on your little farm thing) & realize "hey, i'm out of slate.. i need slate"
so you make the journey into the city to get your slate..

arriving at the city, you make your way over to the "slate" dealers..
(and here is what i want to ask you, dear reader)
which type of DECEPTION is worse;

1. that you approach one of these shops.. and can CLEARLY see the stuff being peddled as "slate" is not "slate"
or
2. that you approach one of these shops.. and you CANNOT see the stuff being peddled as "slate" is not "slate"

it's a no-brainer, isn't it?

if you KNOW exactly what you're after.. you can't be deceived
1. "hey asswipe, that's not slate!" (confrontational)
2. "no thanks buddy.." (resigned)

..build your foundation

you have to first KNOW what you're looking for, don't you..?
otherwise you one wastes all your their hard earned money, time & energy..
..ever noticed how just about everything out there is not what it first appears to be?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I know what your saying.

It's like people walk into these hamburger joints, they are advertised as hamburgers, there not hamburgers.

The silly sods buy em anyway.

Does that make sense...

a reply to: UNIT76

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

A balkanization of epistemology is taking place. There is no longer a commonality of understanding. For some people quantum physics provides the answers. Their next door neighbor may look to the channeling of archangels with equal fervor.
It is accompanied by a related phenomenon which is technology, or the historical momentum of things, is creating such a bewildering social milieu that the monkey mind cannot find a simple story, a simple creation myth or redemption myth to lay over the crazy contradictory patchwork of profane techno-consumerist post-McLuhanist electronic pre-apocalyptic existence.
Into that dimension of anxiety created by this inability to parse reality rushes a bewildering variety of squirrelly notions, epistemological cartoons if you will. Conspiracy theory, in my humble opinion, is a kind of epistemological cartoon about reality. Isn't it so simple to believe that things are run by the greys, and that all we have to do is trade sufficient fetal tissue to them and then we can solve our technological problems, or isn't it comforting to believe that the Jews are behind everything, or the Communist Party, or the Catholic Church, or the Masons. Well, these are epistemological cartoons, it is kindergarten in the art of amateur historiography.
I believe that the truth of the matter is far more terrifying, that the real truth that dare not speak itself is that no one is in control, absolutely no one. This stuff is ruled by the equations of dynamics and chaos. There may be entities seeking control, but to seek control is to take enormous aggravation upon yourself. It's like trying to control a dream.

"Dreaming Awake at the End of Time", by Terence McKenna

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
OP - this isn't really off topic, it 'encapsulates' deception - a bit...

a reply to: corsair00

The interesting thing here (the end of the quote you posted) is that dreams 'can' be controlled, it all depends on how much 'power' your consciousness has within the dream (i.e. lucid dreaming).

My point being: Is it possible that there are 'consciousness' "entities" with some degree of control who have been 'dictating' chaos into "This stuff"? "Stuff" certainly seems to be growing more and more chaotic as time goes by...

And positing that millennia of 'belief' may have triggered (thru cosmic consciousness) a 'war in heaven' type scenario, could it be that there are 'good' entities and 'bad' ones and the 'goods' are (hopefully) trying to wrest control from the 'bads'?

When you think about it - even though the universe grows in entropy, entropy really is not the same thing as "chaos". The universe in and of itself is actually very ordered, i.e. the laws of physics (and the nondeterminism of quantum physics also is 'not' the same thing as chaos)...

...my point there being, considering how 'physically' ordered the universe is, why is our world experiencing increasing chaos? The 'power' of consciousness (whether mankind's, the influence of other 'entities' over mankind**, or both) seems likely to have something to do with it...

**which brings us back to "the art of deception"...so, not off topic

Terence McKenna made a lot of valuable contributions to the subject of the esoterica of reality, but I think that in some 'areas' we have to use his ideas as a springboard to new thinking which incorporates the changes the world has undergone since he died...

...Annnnnddd, all of the above just popped into my head in the moment after reading that quote, so there may be no 'validity' to any of it at all...
edit on 21-7-2014 by lostgirl because: clarification

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Chaos and Imagination

I believe chaos is capable of being a tremendous repository of ordered beauty. There is no disorder in the old definition of chaos. Chaos as disorder is a kind of Hell notion, a kind of hypostatization of an ultimate state of disorder. Nowhere in the world that is deployed through space and time do we encounter this. Instead, we encounter embedded order upon embedded, fractal order".

- Terence McKenna

+

“One of the things that’s clear is that chaos is feminine, and creation out of chaos is like the creation out of the womb, coming out of darkness.”

- Rupert Sheldrake

“You cannot trust the dominator style not to go psychotic here at the end.” . . . “Who is it who has the power to pry the dead fingers of the dominator culture from the instrumentality of power?” . . . “Everyone should understand this, that chaos provides opportunity for commandos of the new persuasion to rush forward and jam vital machinery of the dominator metaphor.”

It is a question of just who these commandos of the new persuasion are and what they are able to do as they are rushing forward and jamming vital machinery. Because they are doing this. But many of us are playing our part in the unfolding drama, to varying (and much lesser) degrees. The more tuned up your state of consciousness and focus, the more you will be able to influence the collective dream. There may be some "bad entities" that can influence dreams very well, but they are doing so under the guidelines of chaotic transformation. Much like what is depicted in the movie V For Vendetta, I suppose...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I know what your saying. It's like people walk into these hamburger joints, they are advertised as hamburgers, there not hamburgers. The silly sods buy em anyway. Does that make sense...

yep, of course

fake slate cheeseburgers
and as you've said, silly sods buy it anyway
..well, you lot seemed to have laid this all out perfectly

presenting the deception...
the demiurgos & etc, wynona horowitz's godfather & the nine brown beavers, jews, catholics, communists & masons, conspiracies & entities & controlling dreams (that area is where the real sauce is)
i liked the part where it was described as a collective dream..
we'll all get back to this at some point i reckon..?
thanks for getting this to where it was needed at light speed (synchronicity)
(coconut biscuits for all)
..i'll have a go at building on this at a later time

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
basecamp 1: burgertown
while cruising through here recently i noticed those fake hamburgers continue to appeal to the starving masses

the deception presents itself again in this topic here
specifically this comment by subtopia (except below)

...As I have said in other posts I have been studying human behavior for quite some time and all it takes is one inference to see that there is no meat in the burger, no matter how appealing the burger(lie) is.........

the topic presents the usual slew of material

the material is designed to produce this;
(on page 5) by ATS member 'wishes'

My real short version is anything to do with the bible I substitute aliens instead of angels and demons and 'god' and it makes a whole lot more sense to me that way. I believe our true creators were aliens who were masters of genetic manipulation and why I'm interested in learning as much as I can about "if" they're still here "fighting" for us or if they're long gone and we're totally on our own.

Aleister Crowley called the being "Lam".... and the drawing of it looks like a grey alien. "Today they call them angels and demons, tomorrow they will call them something else"

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Gnosticism presents a distinction between the highest, unknowable God and the demiurgic “creator” of the material. Several systems of Gnostic thought present the Demiurge as antagonistic to the will of the Supreme Being: his act of creation occurs in unconscious semblance of the divine model, and thus is fundamentally flawed, or else is formed with the malevolent intention of entrapping aspects of the divine in materiality. Thus, in such systems, the Demiurge acts as a solution to (or, at least possibly, the problem or cause that gives rise to) the problem of evil.

+

Iamblichus
See also: Panentheism

Later, the Neoplatonist Iamblichus changed the role of the "One", effectively altering the role of the Demiurge as second cause or dyad, which was one of the reasons that Iamblichus and his teacher Porphyry came into conflict.

The figure of the Demiurge emerges in the theoretic of Iamblichus, which conjoins the transcendent, incommunicable “One,” or Source. Here, at the summit of this system, the Source and Demiurge (material realm) coexist via the process of henosis. Iamblichus describes the One as a monad whose first principle or emanation is intellect (nous), while among "the many" that follow it there's a second, super-existent "One" that is the producer of intellect or soul (psyche).

The "One" is further separated into spheres of intelligence; the first and superior sphere is objects of thought, while the latter sphere is the domain of thought. Thus, a triad is formed of the intelligible nous, the intellective nous, and the psyche in order to reconcile further the various Hellenistic philosophical schools of Aristotle's actus and potentia of the unmoved mover and Plato's Demiurge.

Then within this intellectual triad Iamblichus assigns the third rank to the Demiurge, identifying it with the perfect or Divine nous with the intellectual triad being promoted to a hebdomad (pure intellect).

In the theoretic of Plotinus, nous produces nature through intellectual mediation, thus the intellectualizing gods are followed with a triad of psychic gods.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

The Occult Interpretation of the Movie “Black Swan” and Its Message on Show Business

Black Swan starring Winona Ryder aka Wynona Horowitz (whose godfather was the late Timothy Leary of '___'/expanded consciousness infamy).

I often point out that great works of art can be interpreted in numerous ways, depending on the knowledge and experiences of each viewer. This movie is no exception … there are indeed numerous ways to interpret the plot of the movie. Through the use of meanings and symbols, however, the movie clearly alludes to many issues previously discussed on The Vigilant Citizen: the dark and occult side of fame, duality, trauma-based mind control, the forced creation of an alter persona and more. The main character, Nina, goes through a metaphysical change – by getting in touch with her “dark side” - in order to become a better performer. This change is imposed on Nina by her “handler”, in this case, her ballet director. The movie uses subtle references to trauma-based mind control to explain the creation of an independent alter-person in Nina’s psyche.

Although Black Swan is fiction, it nevertheless explores hidden realities of high-stakes art and performance. There are numerous examples of artists who have embraced darker alter egos to take their art to “another level” … and many who ultimately are consumed by them.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

there's a bit to dig out back there yet

..but i wonder how many people would get the connection to what those old philosopher-types were mumbling about & what our young philosopher types were crooning about?

...first principle or emanation...
for the intrepid: pink floyd's PUBLIUS ENIGMA (the riddle of the people)

the black swan movie.. i've read a few reviews & have some of my own thoughts on what it is that ultimately empowers these self-serving people..
mila kunis & natalie portman both have "checkered" pasts (pun intended)
speaking of self-serving
..a lot of 'the media' now is focusing back on itself in various ways,
having the viewers also look at themselves & their relationships to the world,
having the masses direct their energies in the appropriate directions
(the water flows where the channel has been dug)

ie: are your (pizza) commercials using the keyword "REVOLUTION" too?

edit on 2-8-2014 by UNIT76 because: added links, swept up a little, there was a really mean curry in an old half-opened container

edit on 2-8-2014 by UNIT76 because: dropped my keys

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Yes, the 'Secret Instructors' are doing a bang-up job. I admire the brilliance of it all. Am I effected by it? Not so much, from the point of view of following commercial media, because I don't have television or really paddle down the mainstream - I am an outside observer. Like Alice, I try to use what logic and sense I have to figure out what is going on in the world, and there is certainly much to learn and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge in what sometimes appears to be many labyrinths of rabbit holes to dig in.

The thread that you referenced above about belief in aliens must have been quite controversial, as it has been 404'ed by ATS admins. I missed out on that one!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
thanks for letting me know it got canned, kinda adds to the overall suspense & intrigue (always handy in tinfoil threads for "sensational" value, but it's the library of alexandria in a little microcosm, info is lost) anywho that little surviving morsel back there is all that remains..

expanding on basecamp 1: burgertown in chinatown

Terence McKenna made a lot of valuable contributions to the subject of the esoterica of reality, but I think that in some 'areas' we have to use his ideas as a springboard to new thinking which incorporates the changes the world has undergone since he died...

..i'll get back that in a sec' (leaving this all here for anyone who might 'wander' into all this..)

I believe chaos is capable of being a tremendous repository of ordered beauty. There is no disorder in the old definition of chaos. Chaos as disorder is a kind of Hell notion, a kind of hypostatization of an ultimate state of disorder. Nowhere in the world that is deployed through space and time do we encounter this. Instead, we encounter embedded order upon embedded, fractal order".

can't find the relevant link(s) for the references to this chaos presented as female, but this should suffice

The anima and animus, in Carl Jung's school of analytical psychology, are the two primary anthropomorphic archetypes of the unconscious mind, as opposed to both the theriomorphic and inferior-function of the shadow archetypes, as well as the abstract symbol sets that formulate the archetype of the Self.

The anima and animus are described by Jung as elements of his theory of the collective unconscious, a domain of the unconscious that transcends the personal psyche. In the unconscious of the male, this archetype finds expression as a feminine inner personality: anima; equivalently, in the unconscious of the female it is expressed as a masculine inner personality: animus.

The anima and animus can be identified as the totality of the unconscious feminine psychological qualities that a male possesses or the masculine ones possessed by the female, respectively. It is an archetype of the collective unconscious and not an aggregate of father or mother, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles or teachers, though these aspects of the personal unconscious can influence the person for good or ill.

Because a man's sensitivity must often be repressed, the anima is one of the most significant autonomous complexes of all. It is said to manifest itself by appearing in dreams. It also influences a man's interactions with women and his attitudes toward them and vice versa for females and the animus.
Jung said that "the encounter with the shadow is the 'apprentice-piece' in the individual's development...that with the anima is the 'masterpiece'".[1] Jung viewed the anima process as being one of the sources of creative ability.
source

^all that male/female in there too

The interesting thing here (the end of the quote you posted) is that dreams 'can' be controlled, it all depends on how much 'power' your consciousness has within the dream (i.e. lucid dreaming).

..well, you lot seemed to have laid this all out perfectly presenting the deception... the demiurgos & etc, wynona horowitz's godfather & the nine brown beavers, jews, catholics, communists & masons, conspiracies & entities & controlling dreams (that area is where the real sauce is) i liked the part where it was described as a collective dream.. we'll all get back to this at some point i reckon..?

dreams...
this is where it can all potentially get "weird....er"

the 'Secret Instructors' are doing a bang-up job.

..which ones are we talking about here?

the ones that instruct in this world or the ones that instruct in the other world?
or is it all the same thing? (ephesians 6:12)
the deception

..i'll get back that in a sec'

uhh, i'll get back to that right now O_o

a springboard to new thinking which incorporates the changes the world has undergone since he died

these are the types of people we have to be careful of..

^that's Dr. Richard Allen Miller actually imitating crowley in that 2nd picture (one of these folks using that springboard to new thinking which incorporates the changes the world has undergone)

if i was a bible nut, i'd maybe jump on in with Timothy 4?

1But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron,…

oops

Am I effected by it? Not so much, from the point of view of following commercial media, because I don't have television or really paddle down the mainstream - I am an outside observer. Like Alice, I try to use what logic and sense I have to figure out what is going on in the world

most folks who make it this far out (& still navigate without refueling) are doing well enough in their explorations..
salutations to all mad bastards & other tourists
..in the X-factor video presentation (the light coming to earth) there's a small section using the disney cartoon "donald duck in math-a-magic land", in that little section during the chess-game, there's a small insight into what the creation of an 'alice' (alter ego) is all about.. and incase this gets 404'd by some "accident" all i'm trying to get across here is something about lots of sacred cows to knock down (or walrus' & carpenters, as it were)
...if anyone was ever considering creating such an alter-ego just keep in mind they're already trying to separate us from what we had in the first place

row, row, row your boat gently down the stream
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I was once on a US military ship, having breakfast in the wardroom when the Operations Officer (OPS) walks in. This guy was the definition of NOT a morning person; he's half asleep, bleary eyed ... basically a zombie with a bagel. He sits down across from me to eat his bagel and is just barely conscious. My back is to the outboard of the ship, and the morning sun is blazing in one of the portholes putting a big bright-ass circle of light right on his barely conscious face. He's squinting and chewing and basically just remembering how to be alive for today. It's painful to watch.

But then zombie-OPS stops chewing, slowly picks up the phone and dials the bridge. In his well-known-I'm-totally-asleep voice he says, "Heyyyy. It's OPS. Could you ... shift our BAFPAT ... yeah, one-six-five. Thanks." And puts the phone down. And he just sits there. Squinting. Waiting.

And then, ever so slowly, I realize that that big blazing spot of sun has begun to slide off the zombie's face and onto the wall behind him. After a moment it clears his face and he blinks slowly a few times and the brilliant beauty of what I've just witnessed begins to overwhelm me. By ordering the bridge to adjust the ship's back and forth patrol by about 15 degrees, he's changed our course just enough to reposition the sun off of his face. He's literally just redirected thousands of tons of steel and hundreds of people so that he could get the sun out of his eyes while he eats his bagel. I am in awe.

He slowly picks up his bagel and for a moment I am terrified at the thought that his own genius may escape him, that he may never appreciate the epic brilliance of his laziness (since he's not going to wake up for another hour). But, between his next bites he pauses, looks at me, and gives me the faintest sly grin, before returning to gnaw slowly on his zombie bagel.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

...if anyone was ever considering creating such an alter-ego just keep in mind they're already trying to separate us from what we had in the first place

You mean like a global timeline jump that would eclipse our current one, including all of the individual souls composing it? Or something more along the lines of an 'astral body extraction'? I assume by taking our consciousness out of its meat container and uploading it into a virtual reality quantum computer of some sort, it would help solve the problem of overpopulation and resource extraction etc.

Or they are just trying to kill us and pluck our souls. Whichever!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

zombie bagel

would you mind adding a source link for that story if possible?
it was 33x better than this cleverly constructed local offering

the deception
everything you mentioned back there can (with various effort) be translated over to "bible-stuff"
..that's the annoying thing about all this, i suppose?

you mentioned something about 'souls' towards the end..
the bible is all about that battle for souls?
..someone usually arrives about this time to try & destroy the foundation (it's that pesky bible.. maybe if i attempt to actually build it, they will come?)

still a backlog to expand on (dreams, some bible #, some stuff i just edited out & probably won't remember again)
..should've probably left this alone for a while but couldn't resist zombie bagel
i've been abusing this topic (and others) blowing off steam recently
as i present some of this *bible-stuff over the coming whenever, i might lose ya corsy, it's been great this far
*bible-stuff: no biggy, mainly "morals", a foundation ..mixed with tinfoil bits

most of the material back there is, uhhh, O_o esoterically obvious? ..the psychadelic/shamanistic connections & so on (dreams etc)
castaneda (leary & McKenna, Jung etc, mentioned)
another one worth mentioning is burroughs
(another text redaction just now.. not in the right frame of mind to respond just now i suppose..)
had a pic handy of burroughs, though..

..with kurt cobain
^there's something else i'll have to explain one day

/just kinda mumbling to self now
/annoying GMA newslady yammering in background
/leaving notes for next time
expand on all that, present some of the stuff about dreams/dreaming/life is but a dream
future 'expanding' parts ought to be made against a bible backdrop & so on..
so far everything but the dream stuff is just a simple matter of linking existing info together & filling in some small dots (spak filler, no-more-gaps; expanding)
some of the primer for the dreamwork has been done, it's that strange little 'foundation' that has to be built now
un-fairy floss it from head to forum (long & annoying process)

the deception
ok, fellow reader bot 2000's.. the subject matter seems to be about 12.5% (1/8'th) of the way through
before any further nonsense from yours truly i have to re-upholster everything back into a biblical framework..
huffing tinfoil is one thing, wait til' we get some bible into the mix
the supposed discrepancies on the OT/NT 'God' aren't a concern, it's not the entire cosmology one has to focus on here, just the core material, some interesting little tangents & some 2.0 edition dual-wielding weapon skills (bible+tinfoil)

did i say annoying before? ..i meant *VERY* annoying

precept upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little, there a little...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The Zombie Bagel story was posted to the Jokes, Puns and Pranks section by a user named Snarl.

I see now, I misinterpreted your use of the word separation in conjunction with the mind or "what we already know". You were simply referring to foundation-erosion again ala 'MindWar' and various symbolic encodings in movies to program humans out of generations of bible-conditioning and this sort of thing. I am still learning about MindWar, I have a great book about it but it would be better for me to have a hard copy of it. Kindles aren't the easiest to read. I think text might migrate over to audiobook format as a dominant form, since it is much more quick and efficient to listen to something as opposed to read it. I think Marshall McLuhan had lots to say about "hot" and "cold" media and which hemisphere of the brain a popular technology used, enhanced or atrophied.

But anyways, yes... the bible stuff is always annoying to me as well. My eyes usually glaze over. I did Sunday school for a few years as a child. It was always boring and I fell out of that crowd by the time puberty hit. I have epic amounts of failed polarity mergers myself. In fact, I grew up as a teen listening to Kurt Cobain and Nirvana and strongly identify with William S. Burroughs. He was a rare 'soul' who seemed to have generations of built up rebellion against the status quo inside of him. He was one of the first to rail against it and push the boundaries and search for alternatives.

I am currently reading 'Call Me Burroughs' by Barry Miles, which is the most detalied biography on Burroughs ever published. It is fairly recent as well. Only through in-depth interviews and vast personal letter correspondence between Burroughs, Kerouac and especially to Ginsberg, and from Burroughs' partner in Kansas James Grauerholz, was Miles able to piece such an elaborate history together. Really interesting synchronicities too, like Burroughs going through puberty at an all-boys school in Los Alamos a few years before it was requisitioned by Oppenheimer and the entire area turned into the site of R&D for the atomic bomb. He also had enormous amounts of polarity merger failures, as evidenced in his bizarre sexuality. And for lost young adults years later, like Kurt Cobain, who himself was lacking in the father department, Burroughs was like a rolemodel. Unfortunate one at that, since he had a serious problem with drugs, which then also took out Cobain - shortly after that picture you shared was taken Cobain blew his brains out. An act which contaminated the social development of countless young people who were his fans. Burroughs attributes an "ugly spirit", or possession, to much of his nihilistic life. The introduction to 'Call Me Burroughs' details a shamanic healing session with Burroughs at the age of 70, trying to purge himself of the "ugly spirit". Of course, that could be more bible-foundation talk. I just assumed he was enormously psychologically messed up from societal mixed messages etc.

edit on 2014-08-04T15:33:28-05:002014Mon, 04 Aug 2014 15:33:28 -050028pm33Mon, 04 Aug 2014 15:33:28 -050000 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I find both those men to be archetypal, repetitive characters and fame a vehicle through which to present them as figureheads for a lifestyle which attracts a following, called being a fan, of people who are reacting to their similar experiences in the same ways. Narrative collecting, collating, attaching and dispersing…. Chaos seems to generally ensue when things are connected which should not be, or attachments are between unlike elements….But that's another subject, really.

Don't want to irritate UNIT76 on his own thread, though, for I'm not as smart as other contributors. But it does seem all you describe in your threads is mostly for this purpose….manipulate, indoctrinate, (some call that initiate, perhaps)., or perhaps that's the next step…..

Of course, the Bible, and/or Gnosticism, dependent upon the person's intellectual development and bent, serves as a backdrop for all of it, but I'm afraid I often just simplistically see it as a bargaining over and with the soul, in order to amass and accumulate certain energies, for use in other ways…..or however "control" wishes to use them.

Sorry to intrude.
Please do carry on. I am fascinated.
tetra
edit on 5-8-2014 by tetra50 because: unclarifying

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well, I'm quite confused at this point, but I have no problem with you throwing the Bible into the mix...

I managed to read it cover to cover twice, get thru Sunday School, and even attend some church bible studies without ever becoming indoctrinated by dogma...

The thing people tend to discount is this: The bible doesn't have to be 'true' in order to contain 'truths'..

There have been a great many fictional works in the history of actual novels, which contain an amazing amount of 'truth'...

So, bring on the bible - No. Fear.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You were simply referring to foundation-erosion again ala 'MindWar' and various symbolic encodings in movies to program humans out of generations of bible-conditioning and this sort of thing

..said like that, puts it on a mere psychological (warfare) footing?
being separated from what we already had.. (happening in a physical, mental & spiritual way)
body (jolie, gaga, trans-humanism)
mind (two can play at that game)
spirit (polarity material)
mindwar = soulwar
(uhh, that's kinda what i'd eventually like to present soon)
..being keen on jesus, i'd describe the full-spectrum approach as a 'satanic' program by definition - something an opposer & slanderer of God(the creator) might undertake?
..the opposing school of thought would have us believe this is all happening for our benefit ('spiritual upgrades' & so on, 5th dimensional transition, the return of the space brothers/alien overlords/whatever & etc)
it might seem like i'm being pedantic (but.. we've all come far enough to acknowledge that school by now)

with Burroughs at the age of 70, trying to purge himself of the "ugly spirit". Of course, that could be more bible-foundation talk. I just assumed he was enormously psychologically messed up from societal mixed messages etc.

burroughs was a manichean (gnostic)
when he's talking about ridding himself of an 'ugly spirit' we kinda 'know' what this ultimately references (so did burroughs, it seems) the 'ugly spirit' (if something lesser; ie: merely archetypal) would've been something he would've worked on while practicing this gnosticism (or are they idiots? lol) ..burroughs was also a known rampant homosexual (as you indicated) & heroin addict (one might wonder if the motto 'do as thou will' encapsulates all this?) towards the end doing interviews where he claimed to be an "ex-assassin" & was part of the work to establish a 'gay-state' (all in his own words, albeit seemingly senile at that stage)
how might someone like cobain fit in? birds of a feather (i think as you said; male guiding, sun encoding) cobain was apparently talking burroughs into passing that spirit along to him in a (mock) sex ritual, burroughs declined (so the story goes..)

(other little responses)
most of my 'researching' is via audiobooks & mp3's too (easy to work & learn at the same time) then i scribble, scribble, scribble
..there's a guy i've been listening to recently (alan watt) he tends to elaborate on all the mind-war, technology & brain hemisphere stuff but he's definitely not a friend of 'God' (layers & layers, little "foundation")
..all the polarity material is in the bible too (that's why i hate like it so much)
been working on some notes to present here one day soon..

hi again, quiet storm

I find both those men to be archetypal, repetitive characters and fame a vehicle through which to present them as figureheads for a lifestyle which attracts a following, called being a fan, of people who are reacting to their similar experiences in the same ways. Narrative collecting, collating, attaching and dispersing…

..Burroughs & Crowley? /shrugs
i just think that's how it always is for those folks who are more interested in themselves than God & the fellow sheep
it is this common denominator that allows us to lump them all in the same basket of bad eggs /shrugs

"there are many, many of these 'figureheads' in many, many diverse fields.."

Chaos seems to generally ensue when things are connected which should not be, or attachments are between unlike elements….But that's another subject, really.

yep, i hear what you're saying (for the most part, agree with it completely, got some relevant images here)

the same thing works with free-association, interpreting symbolism, etc, if we start connecting things where they aren't meant to be connected we get 'chaos'
..it's often said "madmen have great insight" etc (because) "genius is seeing what everyone else sees, but thinking what noone else has thought" (all true enough little factoids) but unless these 'leaps of thinking' conform to 'the great pattern', they are unusable to us..
it all has to fall within the confines of some greater morality (template, benchmark, measuring stick)

(and these days, like everything else that's being tweaked; morality is interpretive)

Don't want to irritate UNIT76 on his own thread, though, for I'm not as smart as other contributors. But it does seem all you describe in your threads is mostly for this purpose….manipulate, indoctrinate, (some call that initiate, perhaps)., or perhaps that's the next step…..

(sings: this log is our log) you not irritate, sorry if i ever inferred something? (have you got a lovely bunch of coconuts?) ..we're all probably smart enough here to accept we're most likely dumbasses in the scheme of things ('the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God')
all i ever ramble about are variations of the same theme ..you know me

but, uhh, the polarity encoding topic is quite nice, and is kinda the key to 99% of all this stuff
i do also often refer to all this stuff as "initiation by degrees", 'coz umm, that's what it is? (cleans walking stick, false teeth & bifocals) every now & then i very remembering to include pics & links (forgetting just because we're all at a conspiracy site, doesn't mean we've gone through the same material & have the same understanding of the same things) there's more marzipan coming, now mit 15% more bible

Please do carry on. I am fascinated

So, bring on the bible - No. Fear.

loading bible material 77%... ...
dropped in to kinda address these bits while preparing stuffs /gnaws at zombie bagel
..do i wanna know?

Have you got color in your cheeks' Do you ever get the feeling that you can't shift the tide That sticks around like something's in your teeth And some aces up your sleeve I had no idea that you're in deep I dreamt about you near me every night this week How many secrets can you keep' 'Cause there's this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow When I play it on repeat Until I fall asleep Spilling drinks on my settee

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I find both those men to be archetypal, repetitive characters and fame a vehicle through which to present them as figureheads for a lifestyle which attracts a following, called being a fan, of people who are reacting to their similar experiences in the same ways. Narrative collecting, collating, attaching and dispersing…

..Burroughs & Crowley? /shrugs 
i just think that's how it always is for those folks who are more interested in themselves than God & the fellow sheep 
it is this common denominator that allows us to lump them all in the same basket of bad eggs /shrugs  
 the same thing works with free-association, interpreting symbolism, etc, if we start connecting things where they aren't meant to be connected we get 'chaos'
..it's often said "madmen have great insight" etc (because) "genius is seeing what everyone else sees, but thinking what noone else has thought" (all true enough little factoids) but unless these 'leaps of thinking' conform to 'the great pattern', they are unusable to us..

Bold emphasis, mine, after your italics emphasis. (I'm relieved to see we are so in agreement, we're emphasizing together….cute pun, huh.)

anyway, while you are demonstrating case in point by giving the people as examples, I am concentrating in what I said on the great pattern, itself, or rather, how similar narratives are being linked, put into media for viewing, consumption, and used for modeling and encoding people, to create repetitive narratives and memes…which is the ingredient list for "the great pattern," on a small scale, one of its tangents, perhaps.

Nod to your polarity encoding thread, which is to say, I am definitely paying attention. Struck me as funny when I went to that thread to read it, that I believe the pic of Perry's parents was on a Sunday newspaper insert Parade magazine, if I'm not mistaken. Several years ago, on Sunday afternoon, my middle twenties daughter and I were sitting around and she showed it to me out of the paper she was reading. I was riveted, but still can't even quite put into words my reaction. Your thread was quite interesting from my own personal perspective of trying to figure out my reaction….

Beyond that, I think it's good information.

One thing I'd like to say, as I've gotten older, I try harder than when I was younger, to not be too hard on people. I try, but it also doesn't mean I always achieve this, just that I'm still trying. LOL. Anyway, within the context of my own life, I've learned that people often appear to be conscious, aware, know what they're doing, when they don't, aren't, etc. The thing is, we live in this place we're told that we are free, and it's largely due to personal responsibiliy, for there isn't any freedom without it. First, we aren't free, obviously. Nor do I find we are any more free than anywhere else, particularly. The prison just looks like it has less walls. They just reflect back or on whatever reflection the guy running the projector chooses that particular day, kind of like weather….
And without elaborating too much on that, as it's kinda off topic, my first point, I think, demonstrates largely how I feel about the second…..

Looking forward to reading more, UNIT.
Tetra
edit on 8-8-2014 by tetra50 because: i love how this says: must be filled out…as if, or else….

edit on 8-8-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2014 by tetra50 because: no, I refuse to fill this out. Now what happens.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join