It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone else geting board with new pvp gaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i playes jedi knight outcast and academy my first pvp games and wow just wow was addicted to them tell 2006 ish when the servers finaly really died

spent 10+ hrs a day honing my skill and devistating noobs ... also had my own training academy for the saied noobs lol the fun i had

than ofcourse i played wow and there pvp i liked it but it always felt lacking

nowdays its ether fps fighting or mmo style im just board of it really board

i played black gold online has mech fights witch is fun but lacks skill its all point and shoot no way u really fail unless u forgot where your mouse is

i want a good in your face no guns pvp like jedi academy sadly thows days seem gone

anyone else fell the says if quick twitch reflexes and lots of skill building have died from progreshon based pvp combat like mmorpgs

oh i left out the good old street fighter days at the arcade but i know we all did that

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

City of Steam and Wings of Destiny are probably the only two that are good at the moment.
edit on 20-7-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

ultima online still has free shards out there and its the best pvp ive every played with over 20 years of gaming experience i always go back to UO. When you die you lose everything you have...nothing is scarier than being attacked when you are not ready for it and nothing is greater than getting the jump on someone and taking all their hard earned loot. Its the only video game I have ever played to make my heart race where I was literally terrified of dying after pvming for a couple hours. UO...and make sure the time period is something from "renaissance" or "t2a" if you look to join a free server.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
What is PVP?

Must be long words if you cant type them.

edit on 21-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pennydrops

Player vs player

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: thektotheg

Player vs player

Arent most games player vs player?....isnt that the point of a game?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
You might also like Ascend: Hand Of Kul

That just came out. You play as a God.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Many games are PVE (player versus environment) Some have elements of both.

City of Steam does look interesting.
edit on 21-7-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Honestly.... I've been pretty bored with all the new video games coming out within the past 2 or so years.

The Last of Us was the last game I actually really loved, and that came out awhile ago. I do still like Battlefield 4, but it's gotten very boring recently. There's a few games I'm looking forward to coming out in late 2014, such as "The Evil Within".....Resident Evil 4 on steroids! Pewdiepie got an extended demo, more than the E3 demo, and has "hilarious" commentary for it below.

Aside from what I've been waiting for, Ive decided to start playing Steam games that are in Alpha stage. "The Forest" is one of them. (I love it, even though it in .04 alpha) Im sure many of us already know what DayZ is to, and Im also playing the Alpha version of the standalone to. DayZ standalone is terrible at it's current alpha state though - .46
edit on 24-7-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join