It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel-Gaza conflict: Netanyahu says Hamas using rising death toll to make Israel look bad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
nvm.
edit on 21-7-2014 by moobie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

However, justice after being attacked by a group of fighters for example, is not to obliterate the bodies of young boys playing soccer on a beach using huge naval cannons, or IDF officers targeting schoolchildren walking home from school, using tanks and fighter aircraft against civilians in their ramshackle homes, or sending in thousands of troops to invade...nor is justice achieved by continually stealing great swathes of land or denying medical supplies to families in dire need, or clean water, sanitation, building supplies, the basic essentials of an entire nation...the way you get justice is to identify those who are responsible, collect evidence, arrest the guilty, send them for trial at an international or impartial court if required and if found guilty, prescribe punishment appropriate for the crime...THAT is justice...slaughtering innocents and claiming the right of self defence is most certainly NOT.

This is dead on (well the whole post was but,) this is what i've been saying. They don't want to recognize them as an independent country yet Israel bombs the Palestinians as they would a foreign nation. I would be like the US attacking a state with the full force of the US military because a small group of militia men in that state had been attacking neighboring states.

Either recognize them (and give some of that stolen land back), or treat them as part of the country with support for the people and hunt down anyone doing harm through police action.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I think you mean Hezbollah. I mean they may back Hamas in theory, but I think Hamas would be a lot better armed if they had any kind of real weapon flow. I would guess most of their rockets and weapons are pretty rag tag and thrown together.

That's why you see so many rocks thrown instead of bullets.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

So according to your rationale, 7 million Jews living in a land that they cultivated into what it is today, and a land that is also rightfully theirs as much as any other people with history in the region, should just pack up and leave just because the terrorist regime that controls Gaza refuses Israel's right to exist? Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

Dream on. Israel isn't going anywhere.

If Gaza is ever represented by a humane, diplomatic governing body, and they renounce violence once and for all, Israel will be willing to negotiate a two state solution.

As long as ruthless animals are in charge of Gaza, nothing will change, and there will be an endless cycle of violence.
edit on 21-7-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

Ewhaaaaa?

Wait wait, you seem to be unaware that the Palestinian owned, and cultivated that land before the Jewish population flooded in (there was a trickle before 47, but not the huge influx). If you actually hear from the first Israelis they talk about living peacefully with Palestinians. Then their government went crazy and punished all Palestinians because they were Muslim and Israel had just finished attacking Muslim neighbors.

The land is rightfully the Palestinians, but even if you want to (inexplicably) claim the Jewish population has a right to it (they don't, unless you count Jewish people they aren't related to 3000 years ago), they definitely don't hold anymore claim and not right to shove Palestinians into prisons and continue to steal their land.

Look up Miko Peled and watch his presentation in Seattle.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

Also Israel will never agree to what you claimed. Bibi has said as much.

They are still taking land, they aren't about to give any up. Palestinians are treated like blacks in South Africa were, or even Blacks in turn of the century America. Israel actually has different laws that apply only to Palestinians and not Hamas, just every day Palestinians are held up to different law than Israelis.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Major shelling and plane/drone activity in Gaza tonight and according to my Twitter contacts, they've flattened 3 mosuqes so far.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever
a reply to: MysterX

So according to your rationale, 7 million Jews living in a land that they cultivated into what it is today, and a land that is also rightfully theirs as much as any other people with history in the region, should just pack up and leave just because the terrorist regime that controls Gaza refuses Israel's right to exist? Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

If Gaza is ever represented by a humane, diplomatic governing body, and they renounce violence once and for all, Israel will be willing to negotiate a two state solution.

As long as ruthless animals are in charge of Gaza, nothing will change, and there will be an endless cycle of violence.

So according to your rationale, 6.5 million Palestinians in exile and over 4 million living in a land that they cultivated into what it is today, and a land that is also rightfully theirs as much as any other people with history in the region, should just pack up and leave just because the terrorist regime that controls Israel refuses Palestinians the right to exist? Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

Dream on. Palestine and Palestinians aren't going anywhere.

If Israel is ever represented by a humane, diplomatic governing body, and they renounce violence once and for all, Palestinians will be willing to negotiate a two state solution.

As long as ruthless animals are in charge of Israel, nothing will change, and there will be an endless cycle of violence.
edit on 21-7-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Israel is killing children. Anybody that supports these murders sides with SATAN.

edit on 21 7 2014 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
You can say what you want but he is right. They hide near civilians on purpose, why else would they do it?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Simple solutions like 'enforce the law'...a voice from 2010...ignored.
2010 interview

Death toll in Gaza stands now at 604 people killed and 3700 wounded - Dr. Ashraf al-Qidra’s, spokesman for the Gaza Ministry of Health
edit on 22-7-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum
i know how the Nazi treated the Jews, if anyone is destroying the Palestinians it is Hamas, they fire their weapons in areas loaded with women and children and then knowing full well that Israel will target that area hamas will hide in tunnels lie the cowards they are

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Deckard9645
if that is true why don't the Palestinians ask the UN to remove Hamas from the land so they can live in peace. if hamas did not fire rockets into Israel there would be no reason for Israel to defend themselves . i feel sad for all the civilian deaths that Hamas creates ; Hamas looks to make martyrs out of women and children

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Following your logic, biggest supporter of Israel, USA, should be split into pieces, large one for original population that lived here before everyone else and that population should terrorize everyone else because they are not accepting that they lost everything they own in 'terrorist uprising'. Do you know what happened in USA once natives have objected to terror and practice of grabbing their land?? Some of those 'incidents' did not happen long ago... (Wounded Knee for example)

Why do you think Palestine is called 'occupied' territory?

Wonder how long it would last if they loose USA support. Information being more and more available, even with government filtering, people will learn the truth, for example that hundreds of civilian were killed with support of THEIR money.

Nah, there is no possible solution as Israel in current setup will never have HUMAN, DIPLOMATIC GOVERNING BODY, nor they will ever renounce violence.

You just got wrong camp... Someone being oppressed, terrorized, subjected to racial discrimination... of course it will break at some point...

For me, one of greatest minds, who also was a Jew, was offered presidency of Israel, but he did not take it, because he recognize creation of Israel for what really it was!

"I should much rather see reasonable agreement with the Arabs on the basis of living together in peace than the creation of a Jewish state. Apart from practical consideration, my awareness of the essential nature of Judaism resists the idea of a Jewish state with borders, an army, and a measure of temporal power no matter how modest. I am afraid of the inner damage Judaism will sustain -- especially from the development of a narrow nationalism within our own ranks, against which we have already had to fight strongly, even without a Jewish state." *

Albert Einstein, April 17, 1938

* Source: www.newdemocracyworld.org...

That was one great man, someone we all should look up to...

originally posted by: jed001
a reply to: Deckard9645
if that is true why don't the Palestinians ask the UN to remove Hamas from the land so they can live in peace. if hamas did not fire rockets into Israel there would be no reason for Israel to defend themselves . i feel sad for all the civilian deaths that Hamas creates ; Hamas looks to make martyrs out of women and children

Because of what was happening last few week, you know that something was happening in Gaza. Wonder, do you know what was happening last few years. Do you know under what condition people live in Gaza?

Just recently I was listening NPR radio on the way back home, and one of reports was about journalist Paul Salopek, he is doing what he calls “Out of Eden Walk,” retracing the path of our human ancestors across the globe. His comments on experience in Gaza, being fired upon by Israel army because they thought he was demonstrator. (In interview he mentioned that reason they would fire upon demonstrators is that they stole native's wells - imagine life in that region without water) More about this and his walk you can find from following links:

www.npr.org... (you can listen to the story from this link)

www.onthemedia.org...

edit on 22-7-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosha

Here's a novel idea...How about if the elected terrorist regime that is the governing body of Gaza recognizes Israel's right to exist, so that both sides can work towards a peaceful two state solution and neither the Israelis or the Palestinians will have to pack up and leave?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: soulshn

Netanyahu you murderous sack of blank, Israel is doing it to themselves. Israel's time is coming. You genocidal behavior will come to an end.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Here's a novel idea...How about if the elected terrorist regime that is the governing body of Gaza recognizes Israel's right to exist, so that both sides can work towards a peaceful two state solution and neither the Israelis or the Palestinians will have to pack up and leave?

You really dont get it..wont..and I am to tired to bother...just let me know how this view you have works out for you when some westborough church look alikes come sit on your land and start spruking the same bs you're spruking here. I have ten pages I could write in response to this idiocy and shortsightedness..but you know..why bother..thankfully I dont have to live with your consequences and the intrenched ideological propaganda you are spruking here has no inclination to fact..much less compassion, reason, intellect, perspective, context or any other rationale of intelligent discourse...so.. keep it....you win...it's your view..not going to change it.. I'm done trying to educate rwnj's...you will reap what you sow and I am good with that.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jed001
a reply to: Zcustosmorum
i know how the Nazi treated the Jews, if anyone is destroying the Palestinians it is Hamas, they fire their weapons in areas loaded with women and children and then knowing full well that Israel will target that area hamas will hide in tunnels lie the cowards they are

Towing the party line are we?

I think Hamas are slightly miffed at Israel stealing their land:

I don't know where you live but how would you like it if your neighbour took what wasn't theirs?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: soulshn

Israel is making Israel look bad.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Nobody wins based on the status quo. You say I'm ideological, but in reality, the first step is for BOTH sides involved in this conflict to simply recognize the other's right to exist.

Peace out.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join