It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Has Sleep Paralysis, So He Sets Up A Camera...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots
I don't think its some app either. It looks like someone making the shadow in the background with a light (as someone posted earlier) but I think they have angled just right to make the shadow appear fainter.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think I've mentioned this before on ATS, but I will give the quick rundown again, but I won't detail the experiences themselves. A relative of mine had a house where all kinds of strange things occurred. From doors opening and closing, to seeing full-bodied apparitions, to lights turning on and off, among many other things. Lots of weird stuff, things that were not explainable via conventional means.

Multiple relatives of mine had what many would term sleep paralysis happen to them, but ONLY in that house. It never happened to them at any other time in their lives, and these incidents happened relatively closely to one another. But the kicker is that it always happened right after they laid down to go to sleep. They hadn't been asleep, meaning sleep paralysis is not the explanation. It happened like this every time: they would feel something scratching on the side of the bed, like a small dog or something would, but there was nothing in the house to physically do this, and then when they would go to sit up and look or feel what was there, something would hit them in the chest and pin them to the bed.

Just from the experiences of people I trust where sleep paralysis type symptoms are concerned, I would state that there is a good chance some of these experiences are paranormal in nature. I do not contend that true sleep paralysis is impossible by any means, but I feel that too many instances of paranormal activity are explained away with that blanket explanation. And again, this only happened to these relatives in that house which had strange goings on. Having had a handful of my own paranormal experiences, especially seeing a person that nobody else could see, as well as hearing someone walking around when nobody was there, I am a believer. Experience throws all of the impossible notions out the window. For someone to come to me and say that I did not experience what I experienced, they would have to be relatively full of themselves. To suggest a natural explanation is one thing, but still, without being there one cannot realize the true extent of the situation.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

I don't know if it's my imagination but I think I am seeing a hand in the window in the zoomed view. Does anyone else see this? It seems to be toward the right side of the window closer to the bottom. It seems to raise up right before the shadow comes.
edit on 7/21/2014 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

That's really interesting and I know where you're coming from. I never saw a person, but I heard them walking around many times in the house in which I grew up. Also things moved, apparently, by themselves. That is, I could see no one moving the objects but they moved. I'd sit up at night in the room under my bedroom watching TV (Rockford Files usually) and hear what sounded like a room full of people just walking around in circles. Lots of times I'd get in my car and drive to town and wait for the sun to come up before I'd go back. Other things happened too, but I never saw any ghosts/spirits. Maybe that's cause I'd hide my head under the covers?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I thought this was a joke at first and started laughing at the end of the video. I noticed you were pretty serious in the post so I watched it again and finally saw it. I think to prove anything like this you would first need better quality video, and if you do then you should get it up online somewhere because there are a lot of video compression artifacts in this. It could just be some product of the camera itself, it could be something floating in the air very close to the lens, it could be someone coming in while you're asleep and casting a shadow, etc..

I have had plenty of sleep paralysis experiences, much more dramatic than this. The first was pretty scary, but after the 2nd or 3rd one I caught on and realized that my dreams were filtering into my vision (would always fall into this with my eyes open). I've had dark entities come at me, then I eventually took control and became the dark monster myself. I've watched my bedroom turn red and fall apart while me and all the debris were still floating in place. I absolutely LOVE sleep paralysis experiences. Why? Because I'm not afraid of my own shadow anymore, or in these cases, my own psyche. I embrace them and then take control, like a lucid dream, which is kinda what they are.

Some say sleep paralysis is a per-cursor to out of body experiences.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well sure I'm serious.

Listen everybody, you guys and gals are awesome. Honestly, I've been here and there and I wouldn't want to do this forum thing with any other people, and that even includes zazzafrazz.

Look, I'll try to keep this short.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some way to talk about all this stuff related to SP without getting stuck around "it's paranormal" and "see a doctor!"?

How long have we been participating in these SP threads? How many times are we all going to go, "OMG, we all have SP, how weird!".

It's not weird anymore, it's normal, sorry folks, I know it doesn't seem normal, but being paralysed during sleep is necessary, and more than half of us will become awake during that paralysis and experience the weird stuff that we don't understand. More than half of us means it's normal.

There's a box called "sleep paralysis is paranormal" and it's lined with "see a doctor!"

Let's try to think outside of it.

edit on 21-7-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh Hey,

Just for the record?

I have no experience with "after effects". Now, just as far as people on other forums and YT decrying "after effects!" goes, I think that is pretty lame.

I'd have to see someone recreate it in after effects, or I would have to be able to do it myself to buy that.

At the worst and if Mike Pike is trolling, I think the shadow is incidental to something else and Mike just went with it.

Anyone hear that strange sound on the audio yet?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I just listened to it. It kind of sounds like a car going by to me. It's hard to tell, pretty quiet.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Thanks,

To me it sounds like a mechanical autoshutter, it finishes with a nice machine-like whirring noise.

Noises like that are part of my own SP experiences so it really intrigues me. It also has me wondering what mecahnical toy or whatever Mike might have used to create the shadow.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: HooHaa

Exactly. I've had it more times than I could ever count. Probably hundreds. I've felt a malevolence and i've felt like my breathing was paralyzing. The second you wake up and are fully conscious and paralyzed your natural instinct is to do everything to ensure you are NOT paralyzed.

So the best advice is to focus all your energy into making one small movement. Your hand or finger and move it until you snap awake.

What scares me.. remember your sleep paralysis and understand that quadriplegics live like that. Horrifying.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'm obviously not hearing that noise as well as you. I can't distinguish those sounds you describe. That's interesting though, do you think that means anything at all, that it sounds like stuff you hear during SP?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

do you think that means anything at all, that it sounds like stuff you hear during SP?

Eh, not really, it just gives me the horror-movie type chills. I don't know what it really is. Thanks for asking though.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Saorsainn

never "interacted" with one like that.. well, not when i was "awake" anyway
when i was about 22-24 y.o i was sleeping in my room (at my dad's house, i was living there at the time, on the christmas visit i was just visiting) uhh, anyway, because of things like this i've always had a strict "all doors shut" & "covers always pulled up tight around neck" (even in summer) policy.. i don't know if i was even technically "asleep" actually? (my dad was downstairs again at the time & he maintains i was up there for no longer than 5 minutes) what happened was- (dream or whatever) there was a creature in my wardrobe (i was just somehow at the door trying to keep it back, i remember thinking wtf? wtf? and the thing was behind the door pushing on it (from the inside) trying to get out... i wasn't able to keep it in, it used a long 'hook-like' finger(talon) to "draw blood from my arm" then it was all over (i "woke up" or whatever & i was actually in my bed) but the wardrobe door was OPEN - i literally FLEW down the steps into the lounge room.. it scared the # out of my dad (he could tell something happened to me)
the "creature" looked (physiologically) a little like the xenomorph (from the alien movies) but the skin (i wouldn't even call it skin, more like rock or bark?) was all, uhh, like pock-marked, gouged, with "cavities" - it looked like it could have camoflauged itself amongst coral?
i also recall going to see a doctor a few days later (and getting a blood test?!) the reason i remember this so clearly & will never forget it is because the doctor then left the room & for a long while.. i was thinking "wtf, when is this guy coming back?" (he came back a little while later.. i was very close to just going ape# & tracking him down myself, thinking he was some kind of "follow up visit", hehe.. back then i didn't know half the things i know now)

uhh, ok.. so, other than that, i've never been in a 'hand-to-hand' with whatever these things are..

many years earlier (maybe 18-20 y.o, before the xenomorph visit) some friends & i went and got ourselves "hypnotized" (eyeroll) i didn't go under but when the guy was working on me, my friend claims to have "seen" some stuff (i'm just mentioning it because of something you said back there) he reckons he saw his father & a bunch of people in earlier times (all on horseback) they were planning some kind of resistance-movement attack, he said his vision-dad spoke (something like) "it's the last time, we have to beat them now".. he also claims to have "seen" a disgusting furry creature all huddled up in like some kind of womb..

before he worked on my friend & i, he did a friend of ours (her name was Haley) she apparently "remembered" an event that happened to her brother (by her father) i think you can guess what it was, when she "came out" she was upset & the guy "hugged" her (pseudo-consoling) for just a little too long, if you know what i mean..
we didn't pursue any more "free hypnosis" after that (we had responded to a newspaper ad for "free hypnosis & regression", the guys name was Alfred, he was a big dopey looking fellow w/ sandy curly hair & his apartment had about 2 pieces of furniture in it.. just an FYI for anyone living near blacktown, NSW)

well this is getting long-winded but i just wanted to relay as much as possible..
all the shadow people i see are not transparent (they appear very "corporeal") & none have had red eyes..
there came i time when i got my mind all buffed up like 'the rock' (free plug for "Hercules") when they knew i could see them, they tried to hide behind fences & a carport.. i just lost all respect for 'em after that
my girlfriend was with me when that happened (we both saw them & decided to go back in the house, seemed like a good thing to do at the time..)

another friend claims to have seen a shadow "arm" reach for him when he was at my house (all this stuff is late teen stuff just now) another time in the front yard, we (same friend & i) saw the upstairs blinds move (like someone got busted peeping at us from behind their window, you know how like "nosey" neighbors might do?) ..on this occasion i literally flew back into the house, UP the stairs & into the room (my dad's room of course) but it was empty

i've noticed people who don't have the foundation/do have the foundation (like your mom) seem to be on the receiving end of all sorts of nonsense (i was way into the occult during all that, only a few years back did i hitch my little red wagon to the bible) ..i would just ask her about it, like i ended up confronting my dad about it

(i'll post something to the 1st joker
tomorrow)
..ima hit the hay for now /rubs eyes

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Initially, I didn't see it and when I did I assumed it was shadow but when I saw the enhanced version, it really rings true to me.

My wife used to have sleep paralysis and she said it always started with a court jester leaning over her head. The jester had a long hook nose and the forward pointing jesters hat hanging over his face. He didn't have colour and was like a silhouette.

It may just be me, but that shadow looks just like my wive's jester. I showed her the video and she is feeling very weird about the whole thing.

Can anyone see this shadow as a hook nosed jester and does anyone know if jester's are a regular occurrence in sleep paralysis?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

What scares me.. remember your sleep paralysis and understand that quadriplegics live like that. Horrifying.

Yes definitely something to remember, although i would suspect the brains state to be in normal functioning, where as with sleep paralysis i believe that the brain is not in normal functioning mode.

looking at what a quadriplegic is, is a bit wow. seems to be a very complicated

Tetraplegia, also known as quadriplegia, is paralysis caused by illness or injury to a human that results in the partial or total loss of use of all their limbs and torso; paraplegia is similar but does not affect the arms. The loss is usually sensory and motor, which means that both sensation and control are lost. Tetraparesis or quadriparesis, on the other hand, means muscle weakness affecting all four limbs.[1] It may be flaccid or spastic.

Not to be confused with Spastic Quadriplegia

Spastic quadriplegia, also known as spastic tetraplegia, is a subset of spastic cerebral palsy that affects all four limbs (both arms and legs).

Wikipedia

edit on 22-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: grammer/still not right

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: cobainpain

I can see that. I've never heard of anyone seeing a jester with a hook nose before, but that'd be scary alright!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: cobainpain

I can see that. I've never heard of anyone seeing a jester with a hook nose before, but that'd be scary alright!
[/quote

As an aside, the jester always used to come to her when she felt frightened and would usually say something along the lines of "Come with me, don't be scared, everything's ok!".

I'd looked into sleep paralysis before and concluded it was something to do with the '___' experience. Although sleep paralysis (to my mind) is the explanation for the alien abduction experience I had never really thought about the Jester before until I saw this video.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Maybe its just me, or I'm assuming a larger room than it is...but...who would sleep with their feet in the corner of the room rather than their head? I've had a corner bed and know of many others. They sleep with their head pointing toward the corner.

Other than that...could be real, but is very, very fake looking.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I had episodes years ago way before the internet chatter and had no clue what was happening to me, all I knew is it felt like someone was in the room with me but couldn't see anyone. These occurred within 3 week time period and hasn't happened since.
I don't think the experts know.
It may not be paranormal but more like it's not fully understood yet.

edit on 22-7-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

People are sitting on death row with less evidence against them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join