It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Has Sleep Paralysis, So He Sets Up A Camera...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Well well well....very very interesting video and enhancement of.

Firstly, to create that type of effect requires several lights to cast that type of shadow, or CGI.

Secondly, props to the guy for having the willpower to investigate it.

I'm far from a denier, and in this case, I think this is one of the rare videos that have actually captured the widely experienced phenomena.

What it is? As mentioned by others, it is a succubus, energy leecher, feeds off negative and sexual energies.
How to get rid of it? Now that's the tricky part that takes entire lifestyle changes and awakening of one's inner self to become aware of the full spectrum of our reality.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I don't know if it's real, fake or real but explainable... but this sort of thing does occur and is unexplained (for most of us) so maybe...

BUT did anyone else see that the shadow was obviously ...er... male? Maybe it was another "hand" but... and if it's like I saw it, then it's reeeeealy scary ... in a prison/ Deliverance way.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

The first time it happened to me was the worst. I was so frightened I thought this is fear, think the worst possible fear magnified a million times. I thought I was about to be taken into the doorway of hell. I thought satan himself had entered my room. I wasn't religious, did not believe in God or the devil, but a part me thought wow the supernatural is real! The devil is real and if he is real, so must be God, and this devil ends up winning and annihilating us in an instant. Instantaneously gone. Snap a finger, it's that quick. I thought I was in this instant and it was happening. My kids are gone, my Sister, my brother, gone. I never even said goodbye, fish in the ocean, animaks, all the trees and flowers gone. Everything was gone and I have no idea why I thought that. Didn't really care about fish, trees and flowers. They're pretty and all but I do not love them. Yet in that moment all living things were so precious. It wasn't just the Earth that was gone, but the entire universe. It might have been the fear that planted these thoughts in my head. I don't know. Something else happened during this and I'd rather not say what it was. There are things I just do not want to reveal. I've been letting it out in stages.

Re the paralysis.

I felt very light, had no control from the neck down. Can't talk, can't move. No feeling. This makes you think they it must be like being paralysed . It is nothing like it. I have paralysed limbs, since then. An arm and a leg. They feel super heavy. Dead weights. There is ' feeling'. If you touch me I can feel it. Although it may take me a few minutes to notice I just got my arm stuck in something.

Not being able to move during SP is somewhat violating. Like how dare you take control of my body. How dare you come into my room uninvited. Thoughts like I'm sick of you coming here. Go away, pick on somebody else for a change. Or when it starts up, oh no, not this again. Like it happened before. Yet you don't recall it happening before. Only after years of it do you realize it has been happening for a very long time.
Does this relate to anyone?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
I don't think anyone is in the bed either. Looks staged.
In fact I don't think you can film entities at all.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Did you get anal probed ?
And it's not a stupid question !

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

I can relate to that. I get that feeling too. I don't normally remember having experiences like this, though I know I've had some, but the odd times I do remember I feel like it happens a lot more than I realize. That doesn't make much sense does it?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've been having these sleep paralysis, since I remember myself,
I usually scream or trying to speak but my voice is silent, I've also experienced dark figures, but that's not always the case,
I've seen tunnels of light , I've myself laying in bed, random things levitate and many other freaky stuff. (I have even woke up with scars on my body once)

When I was a child (christian family) I used to believe they where demons and such, but now I think it is something explainable. It is like your brain awakes before the body does, and that state of mind is ''magical'' ,it is like lucid dreaming. You can't move at all, because your body is still ''sleeping'' and that can be so extremely frustrating and frightening that can lead to a life changing traumatic experience. (At least for the first timers)
At that point all the ''paranormal'' stuff take effect.

Although this is only my opinion, from my plenty of experiences I believe the human brain influenced by fear and autosuggestion can manipulate our surroundings sometimes leaving physical evidence of what we just experienced.

I believe that's what we see in the video.

If only we could to that on will and while awake, ehh?.....

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

Well the obvious for the tear drop under the eye is killing, but it can mean a few things mainly from prison life, the most interesting is the reference to ''The Old Fraternity'' from ''The Devil's Back Porch'' again a book about prison time. i haven't read the book but would hazard a guess it's referring to old skool criminal syndicates. The name is nothing but a reference to living in a place of hell (prison).

The masks are interesting, where they simple copy's of each other with a colour difference, or a pleasant face and a grotesque face. I own carved masks myself which normally hang on the wall, at present in a box lol, Mask's (if wearable rather than decorative) are most definitely used to invoke God's/Beings normally in rituals and ceremony, The wearer embodies the nature of said deity/being as such(Method acting in a sense). The film The Mask with Jim Carey show's this very well all be it in a very crass over the top way.
If they have been used in the past they could well hold left over ''Energy's'' which cause effect upon the living.
They could also be ''charged'' as a lot of objects can be but it depends how deep this stuff goes.

I mentioned the power over you because this is very important when it comes to negative practices, to hold power over something/someone is to subdue and enforce one's will upon, to try and deprive of choice/free will to induce fear etc...
Astral projection is extremely big with some of the ''Society's'' out there and the building of ''Astral bodies'' is something to look into.
the being could of well been another (other than your dad) It could also of been him in ''Astral form''.

Sleep Paralysis is indeed normal as someone has mentioned but because of its nature (that of being in two places at once basically) It is open to abnormal experience and can be manipulated by others and oneself for different ''intent'' or ''purpose''
This does not make it bad or to be afraid of it just makes it something people need to understand a little better.

edit on 21-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: off topic

edit on 21-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: Could not make up my mind (Let the Mods choose) lol

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: HooHaa

It does yes, but this is the point. you essentially are helpless physically this in itself for a lot of people induces sheer fear and dread why because in waking state we are used to full bodily function. So when we wake up and have no physical control of ourselves the only course of action is calmness of mind and strength of will. In this state the doors are open, some know how to use those door's. When one awakes is when you can shut those doors.

You have to react Internally as the external world is still not quite there yet. These beings are a part of us and are apart from us, we are all connected and some abuse this truth through the internal world.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st

Well said, the various things we see at that state, come from our dark subconscious mind, and it is dark cause we are in panic, If someone could control it, I believe it would be something like astral projection!

The only time I accidentally took control of it, was when I woke up and tried to walk to the bathroom, my body felt like ''liquid'' and my surroundings were blurry
and when I took a look around I saw myself still sleeping on the bed. that was it, I panicked and suddenly I found my self in bed with sleep paralysis once again, I was screaming but I couldn't hear my voice or make the slightest move.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
So here is something strange,

Considering that the shadow in Mike Pike's video gives the appearance of having two little stubby "arms" or appendages and what looks like a "trunk"?

I couldn't help but notice that the Japanese Baku, or dream eater, which the Japanese associate with sleep paralysis also has short appendages and a trunk.

What is that? Irony? Coincidence?

Thanks to everyone for posting.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hey,

Did anyone else catch the "audio spike" that Mike mentions in the introduction to his video?

You can hear it at 36 seconds.

It's kinda weird: at lower volumes it sounds like it could be someone breathing in air, but when I crank up the speakers (not so loud that it is distorted) it sounds rather machine-like, and it happens right when the shadow "lifts off" of the bed.

I hope those that are able will have a listen. I have been playing it over and over to try and suss it out and I can't.

It sounds like a forceful inspiration of air; but again, the bed and covers don't move at all in unison with the sound.

The sound is timed almost perfectly with the shadow "lifting up" and played at high volume sounds like some kind of mechanical thing.

Weird.

edit on 21-7-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I'm having trouble hearing that probably due to my crappy headphones at work. I'll give it a listen at home.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth

I disagree sleep paralysis is a normal occurrence.

I'm a mother, I watch my children in sleep move constantly. They are not paralyzed when they sleep, and they actually move the most, just before awakening. As does my husband, trust me I know, he wakens me constantly in the morning while waking up. As do all people awakening from a normal sleep cycle. Sleep paralysis is nothing, if not - abnormal.

~ Cirque

It's not normal, I've heard people say it happens to keep one from acting out their dreams. well if our muscles are paralyzed while asleep how do we continue to breath? how do we turn over and adjust in our sleep? Make no sense at all.
I don't know if this video is the real deal but I think he placed the camera where he saw the shadow previously that's what I would have done.
I've had 3 or 4 sleep paralysis episodes years ago and was nowhere near normal

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
So here is something strange,

Considering that the shadow in Mike Pike's video gives the appearance of having two little stubby "arms" or appendages and what looks like a "trunk"?

I couldn't help but notice that the Japanese Baku, or dream eater, which the Japanese associate with sleep paralysis also has short appendages and a trunk.

What is that? Irony? Coincidence?

Thanks to everyone for posting.

Japanese people have everything figured out, lol, maybe sleep paralysis is the start or end to an out of body experience?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
looks like a shadow on the wall. Nothing like the shadow "people/beings" I've seen, which seem to be in the middle of the room, not an actual shadow on a surface.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

maybe sleep paralysis is the start or end to an out of body experience?

Yeah, based on my experience with SP I could be led to believe that it is so.

But that's because it's my brain's job to explain what is happening to me even if I don't really understand it. My brain just wants to give me some language so that I can feel "right" and as though I understand, even though I don't. So I don't get hung up on that stuff.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Look at the reflection in the glass on the window sill in the zoomed veiw it looks like something going on in the background.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: double post

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

Look at the reflection in the glass on the window sill in the zoomed veiw it looks like something going on in the background.

Agreed, something is up with the glass in terms of reflection or something that happens at the same time as the shadow.

I don't know, I have read folks on YT and other places saying it's a lame application of after effects and that it is simply done and in this case not very well.

So, the guy after-effects'd the glass too?

Again, I don't know, but I don't think this is CGI, right now I think it's just a really strange video.

Thanks for being here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join