It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Has Sleep Paralysis, So He Sets Up A Camera...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It kind of reminds me of the werewolf silhouette on the gravestone in the beginning of Nightmare Before Christmas

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Dude I believe you, and am sorry to here you're having sleep paralysis.

There probably is a good explanation for the shadow, but either way sleep paralysis is not a happy business!

I've only had it twice before, like you in a similar time period. And it was the 3rd worst experience/feeling of my life.

FYI the 1st was a sudden panic attack as I was falling asleep (happen a few months back, I thought I was dying!)
And the 2nd was a nightmare many years back.

I feel for you man. Set up your cam so we can see you and the whole room. And make sure you've got underwear on! 😉

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
From the direction of the light source upon the wall and the fact that he had a camera installed back there facing away from that light source, I would suspect that shadow is him moving upright after adjusting the camera. It is impossible to tell if he is in the bed or that is merely the bed clothes. Key details are lacking: Was that lump him in bed, at what time did the supposed entity appear, and how long did the camera operate, it could not have been all night, etc.
edit on 20-7-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
You know, people whom experience the paranormal are damned if they do, damned if the don't - are they not?

The first thing an individual hears when relaying a personal story is - Why didn't you take pictures? Why didn't you set up a video camera? Why didn't you... yada yada yada.

But then on the flip side when people do keep a camera with them and capture something, or set up a video camera to capture evidence...

It's immediately set down as a hoax.

~ Cirque

Thank you absolutely correct,
It's tiring to hear the same old debunking tactics time after time.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

While it took a few watches to see it and my reaction was what the hell when i finally did, my biggest problem with this video is the angle and area the cam is aimed at. Why would you point it at the end wall covering a small portion of your bed and half the window. (window lol)

If i thought something was going on and i wanted to film it while i was asleep i would make damm sure as much of the room was filmed as is possible not position the cam focusing on a small area

I say faked for this very reason
edit on 20-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I have it regularly and have since i was 6 or so.

My experience is always sensing something/someone malevolent right outside my peripheral vision OR right outside the door perpetually about to open it (or turn the corner if no door) but they never do open it.

Of course im hurrying to try to wake.

Sometimes it can get really weird if im still partially asleep and in dream mode. Like hearing voices that sound like warped cassette tapes.

I hate it. Ive tried to get peoples attention before to wake me and sometimes i will feel like im lifting my arm against immense weight, but when i snap awake my arm hasn't moved.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Mine usually lasts about 15 seconds, but I've read it can last up to an hour. I hope I never experience one that long. I have had a few that I fell in an out of sleep during it so it technically took several minutes to force myself up and i have to get a drink and walk around or ill go right back into it.

Also I can feel a weird sensation sometimes and i know it's coming on if I don't get up. Unfortunately those are usually times when im so close to sleep that i can't really get up.

I hate it. It happens less now than my teen years, but still a few times a month.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st

Personally I believe the video is faked with after effects or something. I do know that the people that did the documentary on Stanley Kubrick's Shining are now working on a doc about sleep paralysis. They were asking for people's experiences and I sent them mine via facebook.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

S&F'd for posting
the video is fake
..can't you tell that just by looking at it?
the image is made from a cast shadow, there is no (independant) arm movement, etc..
the whole SHAPE appears to "lean back" (to emulate movement)
exactly like the shadow cast by a moving light source
(Rosinitiate & lightedhype seem to have picked up on all that?)

i think the person who made this has been exposed to the MSM account of the scene
and has simply embraced & expanded the concept

of course there are "paranormal" things going on
...this just isn't one of them

what do i mean about "embraced & expanded" (what is it designed to do?)
this;

Well... that was creepy. Lights on tonight!

(to their credit, that user came back and said it looked fake, or words to that effect)

did they post this at youtube?
the user has only posted that one video link
i went to check if the usual "comment, rate, subscribe" was present (it wasn't)

when something "weird" happens to me, i try to get to the bottom of it before i start bringing it to the attention of the world (re: CirqueDeTruth's comment)

..this isn't the droid we're looking for

more responses came in while i was typing all that - (good) lots of you saw how it was "fake"

edit on 20-7-2014 by UNIT76 because: we're not alone

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

I agree it's fake, but I think it is cgi effect. Something slightly faded in and out.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The reason I first discounted it in my post was that the CCD would in my old sony camera have adjusted to the ambient light increase to create the shadow

I'm with you. That's close to what I was thinking too.

I was guessing that it might be a cmos chip, which tends to produce a kind of "jello-y" effect rather than sharp edges, and that what we are seeing is the compression artifacts created by the camera's formatting.

If you watch, and I know you have, you'll see a sort of "mist" hovering all around the wall and over the bed, as far as I am concerned it is more of the camera's chip "searching", but the main spooky "werewolf" shadow really stands apart from the rest of the mess.

I am thinking that it is not cgi but some incidental shadow created by something in an opposing hallway, or some passing light from outside, as has been mentioned.

Thanks for being here.

edit on 20-7-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Sleep Paralysis is a very interesting subject, i have experienced it on a few occasions but find strength of will and mind quickly overcome it.
The best advice for anyone experiencing it i can give is, Try to stay calm,relax and let it happen your function of body will return i promise you.breath deeply and focus.

also if this is happening with said shadow's/dark figures and/or a feeling of utter dread, strongly in your mind ask said feeling/entity to leave and that you will not tolerate this invasion (this must be meaningful) imagine light and send it to the being or fill yourself with it.

I think there may be much more to this subject than meets the eye.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

yeah it does fade.. i think you're probably right about the CGI

some kind of layered effect
perhaps the original effect was a shadow cast then layered into the film with the fade effect?
thanks for your input

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

ive had many experiences with SP and old hag/ shadow people video seems fake, also i believe the phenomenon is related more to the collective unconscious than an objectively real phenomenon .
edit on 20-7-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

You know, people whom experience the paranormal are damned if they do, damned if the don't

- are they not?

No, not if it results in learning the truth or getting closer to the truth, right? It might be disappointing?

Sleep paralysis is normal, not paranormal.

Just because people are limited to paranormal explanations for describing what they don't understand does not mean they are screwed.

Nor does it mean that they are right.

Thanks for posting CirqueDeTruth,

edit on 20-7-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st

several years ago, i visited my dad on christmas day.. it was hot & i decided to have a little sleep on his bed.
i've never liked my dad's room, i won't tell you much about him, only to say there were two "masks" on his wall that i took down before i slept (he always makes sure they go straight back up, as i'd taken them down several times previously, because i know what they are) i also broke one of his paintings in half (he didn't paint it) because.. well.. i don't want to get into that just here..

sleep paralysis.. ok, so as i said, i'm sleeping on my dads bed (and just told you a little about his room) and... i'm lucid in the dream.. but.. i can't move (yeah yeah, we all know this much, don't we?)

this purple-gold "mist" comes in (with specks of gold dust looking stuff in it)
it's imitating my fathers voice.. i'm yelling & screaming (in my head, while "asleep") it's telling me to "shut up" & "stop making noise or the neighbours will complain" (and so on..)

it takes a HUGE amount of will to break away from it.. (this is the probably one of the "worst" SP experiences i had)

i manage to "wake up" & soon leave my dads house..

a few weeks later i'm telling him about this.. you know what he says to me? (with a nasty little smile on his face)
"i almost got ya, didn't i?"

...there is definitely MUCH MORE to all this "stuff"
i wound't usually go into these kinds of details, but i've just seen you in a bible topic around these parts..
(if you can put together some of what i've alluded to here, maybe you can appreciate why some of us like the bible?)
i would seriously like to know: what OTHER type of "resistance" movement is out there?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Im going with hoax on this one..! My partner gets sleep paralysis, one night he suddenly got up and started running all the way to the other end of the house because he had been trying so hard to get out of it, i have only experienced it once and it was awful, no shadow figures for us though but my partner does feel a weird presence when it happens, my mum used to get it alot too but she saw a figure near her doorway at the end of her bed each time my mum doesn't believe in the paranormal though even after seeing these figures! I think its psychological but it cant just be coincidence to see these figures, people scattered all around the world experiencing seeing the same thing i cant just chalk that up to coincidence, but with no proof of anything who knows what to think. And that vid certainly isnt proof way too easilly faked.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It's not a very definitive image. Just a creepy shadow.

I used to suffer terribly from SP. Saw a dark figure once. It was hovering over me.
Most other times I just floated around the room. Or I just I thought I was. Very real. Very frightening,

The figure I saw was dark gray, bald, skinny arms. I saw the top of it's head. I thought it was demons.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Well this gave me chills.

Earlier this year I had a similar experience. I had just gone to bed so I was not asleep. I was facing the window in my room and when I turned to face the other size I saw a shadow figure by my door. I screamed and it just disappeared. My dog them comes running out of my closet a place he had never gone in before and hasn't since. I feel he saw it too and hid.

I had not seen shadow figures or experienced sleep paralysis in years so it spooked me just a tad.

I've never set up video because I am honestly a bit scared of what I might see.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I could agree if people were not discounting the personal experience of the observer. Which they are. They are looking wholly at the video, and discarding out of hand - the experience and feelings the person had - before they set up the video. Which was what set in motion, setting up the video tape, and capturing the evidence he did. He wanted to validate the experience he was having - which if this video is genuine - he did.

Say he caught that shadow with no backdrop of experience. Then yes, I could dismiss the video much easier, and perhaps say this is simply a car driving by the window. However, this is not how the video recorded, came about being.

I disagree sleep paralysis is a normal occurrence.

I'm a mother, I watch my children in sleep move constantly. They are not paralyzed when they sleep, and they actually move the most, just before awakening. As does my husband, trust me I know, he wakens me constantly in the morning while waking up. As do all people awakening from a normal sleep cycle. Sleep paralysis is nothing, if not - abnormal.

~ Cirque

edit on 20-7-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: grammar

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join