It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of 10 highest IQ's on earth, at least 8 are Theists, at least 6 are Christians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The majority of intelligent people believe in a supreme being. They realize that this couldn't possibly be chance and chaos that formed this world. Something structures the world, I suppose god would be a word to describe this.

that sound like the top of the intelligence ladder, for sure

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm no sure how you decided these people are the smartest people around, but this is cherry picking.

85% of all living Nobel prize winners in math and sciences are agnostic or atheist. Amongst intellectuals the validity of the bible isn't even on the table. Evolution happened. 7 day creation and a global flood didn't. No unbiased educated person thinks they did.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reminds me of some children who at the age as low as 6 years old can memorise the entire quran, not sure if ive ever seen even an adult memorise the entire bible.

In answer to the above post, big lol there, "85% of nobel prize winners in math and scieneces are agnostic or atheist", Im sure most of the people deciding who gets it are too
edit on 20-7-2014 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

As I said, only God knows what it uppermost in your heart. It's not about what you have, but about what you are willing to give. Which would you choose? God or your wealth. God or your life. Clearly the rich man was not willing to give up his wealth for God.

In the end times, many will choose their life over God, and they will be in error.

When Christ say that it is hard for a rich man to enter Heaven, he is alluding to the fact that many who are wealthy are also greedy and love wealth/possession above all else, but even more He alludes to those who love the world so much that they are anchored in it. And he is pointing out that it is about what is most important to you. Is it God or something or someone else? It's not just possessions we are to leave behind, but our family as well if you read further.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
I'm no sure how you decided these people are the smartest people around, but this is cherry picking.

85% of all living Nobel prize winners in math and sciences are agnostic or atheist. Amongst intellectuals the validity of the bible isn't even on the table. Evolution happened. 7 day creation and a global flood didn't. No unbiased educated person thinks they did.

Let me remind you that Barack Obama is also a Nobel Prize Winner.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In the end times, many will choose their life over God, and they will be in error.

i thougt they choose death? and why is that an error?

edit on 20-7-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I completely agree: Jesus was one of the greatest prophets and his words are indeed full of wisdom.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

They'll have the choice over choosing between the mark or death. There will be a lot of people who will probably take the mark. In the end, it will by them a little more time.

My saying they will be in error was a euphemism.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

They'll have the choice over choosing between the mark or death. There will be a lot of people who will probably take the mark. In the end, it will by them a little more time.

but in the end, it will be death for any who do not chose the right god. and thats a measure of intelligence?
edit on 20-7-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Your IQ can't be that high with that Obama avatar...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KlassifiedFor the sake of argument I am addressing all who responded to my comments.

A lack of belief in a god, does not preclude one from spirituality.
If this were your personal thoughts, certainly, I wont take them away from you or even attempt such a thing. After all, I'm a X Catholic, and given my personal views, the Catholics would call me a Atheist.

So what you are saying is that not all Atheists are the same, sure, why not. My concern is a particular non belief by a special kind of Atheist, one that does not accept anything that can not be proven in a scientific manner. Nor will they accept first hand knowledge or corroborating evidence. They seem to have already come to a conclusion that life is what you see is what you get, no spirit, no soul, no after life.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10]
en.wikipedia.org...

In the strictest use of the term, I too, am a Atheist. I do not believe in the god of the old testament, or new. I do not believe the gods of Greek and roman lore are anymore divine, than me. OR LESS!

I do not believe in a old man sitting in a chair floating in a cloud. I do not believe religions represent the best humanity has to offer, in their present state. I do not believe the pope is Gods representation on planet earth. I reject christian lore, but not the core teachings. I am not a reptile, I am a Mammal. I am not a human (evolution), I am a human Being(creation)!

My personal concept of the creation we find ourselves standing on is far older than a human or human beings can comprehend. And I find it absolutely incredible anyone can come to the conclusion that there is nothing left to learn, discover, not only about ourselves, or the universe we are part of. The arrogance I continually come up against concerning these matters is either intentional, ignorance based, or insanity itself. For all of those Galaxies being photographed by Hubble telescope is certainly proof positive we here on planet earth are nothing but ignorant Johny come lately's. We, barely are crawling out of the stone age dare state "WE" are the only intelligent power, force? There is nothing more intelligent, more knowledgeable, more care, more sharing, more loving, than "ME"?

Even if there are other powers in this solar system that are presently unaccounted for, or otherwise hidden from us, they are no match to the creative imagination that is responsible for our universe, or other universes that lay undiscovered.

Let the 17 year old genius study the Hubble photos for a couple of years, and he too might come to the conclusion that Jesus, isn't the only way........

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Meh.. without common sense iq doesnt mean a thing .. met several with high iq over the years who had zero common sense ..

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
"The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you."

-Werner Heisenberg

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: ketsuko

but in the end, it will be death for any who do not chose the right god. and thats a measure of intelligence?

It's all right there. If you are a believer and know the difference between good and evil, I don't think you'll have much to worry about. Even if you aren't a believer prior to that time but still now the difference between good and evil in your heart, I think you could come out the other side all right because you won't allow yourself to do something that should be so obviously wrong.

I mean how would you view someone or any regime who offered you a "join us or die" proposition? I would think you'd tell them where to stick it.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Sure.

Okay just where is one going with it? Once any relig is placed above anything else it becomes void, it places ranks above people thinking how Holy Art something and away your Topic goes. Could have said out of the 10, 9 of them are wasting their God given talent's doing nothing to save Humanitity.

Or noted on How many have to take drugs everyday just to fit in with the rest of us. Not to discredit all Relig, there are some real Truths Hidden in them words. One way to look at it is its either random; just so happened or Some of what is said in the Good Book has Value. Maybe twisted, since if all actually Knew there would be no need for any Church since it is Inside of Ones Being. Plus the fact many are waiting for God to do something when I know it is up to Us to do something or might as well Toss God Right out the Window!

That would include all of the time Christ spent teaching, sharing what He Knew and Died For It! And for what, some Church who claims God as Their Father uses it to Control the masses vs. Sharing The Words!

Here we have people who are Special and do not use any of it to save anything! Hello? Have not the Words of Christ spoken to one yet? We are all Special, We have a job to do while we are Here. First one needs to Know Thyself, next comes doing what one can for the World. That World does not Exclude everything else on it! Live in Harmony with each other, help when one can. Where did Trashing Earth come from?

If I remember right, He gave Us A World To Protect Also. So if we stay on Topic, open by the way, leaves the door open to anything concerning Relig, Having an IQ, Why is it more important to go to Mars while this World is sick, and why are they doing nothing with the IQ's? At least 10 out of the 10 should know by now, Fresh water is becoming lower every year! Could almost bet 1 out of the 10 came up with using the Bottled Water Idea!

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Thanks for pointing this out to me!

So it was a Pope who claims we have a Everlasting Soul, and held as fact for so long. Was asked that question myself, posted and noticed all the neg feedback asking a simple question.

None seem to wonder if we might be here to earn one Ourselves, or having a chance at something even greater. No, can lose it using Satan, but don't question Satan since one can be Sucked right in with Him. And if one cares to tally the Death rate by said Church, said to be number 1 on the List to date. Hitler would be considered small fry comparied to The Church.

Although having a soul or not would not really matter does it? The only evil that is real is people and what they can do. Has nothing to do with God/Satan except covering up that fact. It come down to who will sell out their Mother for a chance to strike it Rich, be on top, having power over others, killing whatever seem to be in ones way, Taking and never givin back.

Again, Thanks for the update!

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well to put it simple.

Time to go to school. While getting in the tub, you notice a bug trapped, unable to get out on its own. What do you do? Do you take some of your time and kindly help the little fellow out of the tub and place outside or do you just Kill it?

Life is what holds Value as does Respect for Life over your own life. It's better to have saved 1 then saving only yourself, although the goal should be as many as one can while here. Try not to get lock on only one type of Life, people since the ones who really need us are the ones who people step on, run over, build houses over their homes, sicken the water, poison everything.

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

" So, you have to either be Christian or be political. You can't be both? Basically, you are saying that if I want to be a Christian, I need to go and found some kind of monastery somewhere according to your understanding because that is the only way it would satisfy you that I am actually Christian. "

Well, I will let Jesus answer it: "No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. You cannot slave for God and for Riches." Sounds about like our christians in these times, does it not? Trying to serve two masters and not be hypocritical.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus
if his IQ had actually anything to do with how smart is he, he would at least be able to understand that the Messiah never said he is God and never said anyone should worship him.

nice going there anyway, keep it up.

This post received stars? Go back to Sunday school. Why did the Jews want him killed? Give you a hint, John 8:58. If you want to disbelieve due to your lack of seeking, so be it. Quit using lies to discourage others

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: rickymouse
The majority of intelligent people believe in a supreme being. They realize that this couldn't possibly be chance and chaos that formed this world. Something structures the world, I suppose god would be a word to describe this.

that sound like the top of the intelligence ladder, for sure

I'm debating if this reality is actually even real. It could be that we are nothing but a very superior interactive computer program created by some super intelligent race. So this race is the gods to us...but the question is do they themselves have gods or is all this a fictional game. Point of perspective is important I guess. What point in a domain we are examining things from.

Now, there is no possible way that we could figure out how the universe was created from this point we are at. Sure we could create tests to verify what we believe, but is it real or just something we believe is true. This is but one example of how stupid we are, we cannot see that our limited view of things cannot possibly give us a solution.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join