It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: MALBOSIA

They were given land, bought more land and then the surrounding nations decided to try and destroy them and failed... in war you keep what you take when you win typically.

The question that needs to be asked but never is... Why has no surrounding nation done a blessed thing for the Palestinians other than use them in a proxy war against Israel?

Because they receive blood money from the US to turn a blind eye, follow the money is the old adage I believe.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

in war you keep what you take when you win typically.

Not in over half a century. Not legally anyway otherwise Afghanistan and Iraq would be US states and Ukraine would be a Russian state. Cherry picker.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: g146541

I think he's probably talking about Evangelical Christians who think this is necessary to bring Jesus back. But, since he hasn't provided the sources, I don't know.

I DO know that I think war is wrong, and that violence begets violence. And Israel is overcompensating. And it makes me sick. These are "Godly" people? I don't think so. If they were, they'd be protecting the Palestinians, including them in their 'nation' as equals, and not privileging themselves at the expense of Palestinians.

It reminds me of the Native American tribes trying to defend themselves against the "white invaders".

A thousand stars if I could, as you are spot on.
Hate breeds hate and while we can never fix what we have done to the indigenous people of the Americas we sure can stop this round of cowboys and palestindians.
I think the easiest thing to do would be withdraw all aid to the M.E., when war is no longer lucrative some may decide peace is.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

I think the easiest thing to do would be withdraw all aid to the M.E., when war is no longer lucrative some may decide peace is.

(Thanks for your post)

Totally agree. We have enough problems right here at home.
I HATE the US globocop routine.

edit on 7/20/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

Just curious... How many people died as a result of those two rockets?

And how many people died and were injured because of Israel bombing Gaza.

It would be one thing if only Hamas was targeted, but they are not... it seems all Palestinians, including children on a beach playing, are fair game.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

The body count is 333 (or 334?) Palestinians (and climbing), and 5 (or 8?) Israelis.
I put that info in an earlier post.

edit on 7/20/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The injured in Palestine is now pushing the 2,000 mark however

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yes, I know it's atrocious.

Ambulances can't even get in. Sickening.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Hitler thought the same thing and look how that worked out for him.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I stand by my statement... the vast majority of the land Israel took occurred in the Yom Kipper war or earlier..

The US has not engaged in a war of conquest in what 100 years... its always been regime change... which is the new polite way to conquer a country.

and the Ukraine was a Russian state till fairly recently..

Nice dodge on Palestine being used in a proxy war against Israel, I don't doubt most Palestinians want peace,just like most Israelis just want peace. its the foreign fighters that continue to cause the problems but lets ignore that so you can hate on Israel...

Look the bottom line is if your going to rage at Israel for what they have done and not be angry and rage at everyone else that has used and abused the Palestinians your part of the problem, many nations have been involved that put them in this hole, not just Israel.

edit on 20-7-2014 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Hitler thought the same thing and look how that worked out for him.

But Hitler was the leader of the master race...
Oh I see, "god's chosen people"..
Star to you.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I fully admit Hamas is part of the problem. Palestine's Arab neighbors could also care less for the most part. The only neighbors who cared about Palestine was Iran and Syria... no one else could much be bothered to take in many Palestinian refugees, when Syria was bursting at the seams with them. The only reason any other country took in any at all was the outrage among the middle easterners as a whole, and then only enough to appease the people.

So, while everyone has their own culpability in what is happening, only Israel is responsible ultimately, because it is them doing the actions. Sitting back and doing nothing is simply doing nothing. What Israel is physically doing to the Palestinians, is beyond belief.

At current moment 95% of Gaza is without potable water, and its pretty typical even on a normal day. Israel has a complete blockade of the coastline and only allows enough food through to prevent mass malnutrition... They have it to where most Palestinians are without any electricity approximately 12 hours a day and fuel is rationed just the same.

The answer to such a low quality of life on a regular basis is not a nice one. If one was to leave the people be, and allow them a decent standard of living, the response to Israel as a whole from the people there would likely be much different. This in and of itself would take Hamas out of any sort of power, by the people of Palestine themselves. No help needed.

edit on 20-7-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I will agree Israel is absolutely part of the problem, no doubt, no way to dispute it...

The issues in that area are so convoluted I don't know if it will ever be solved...as long as the west wants oil I doubt it will ever be solved personally.

with what I have read in the past, even if Israel disappeared tomorrow I doubt that a Palestine nation would come to be... it would probably be carved up by surrounding nations and the same problem would persist because none of the surrounding nations care at all about the Palestinians.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I do agree with you, very few care about the Palestinians themselves. Which is saddest of all really....Many of these people can trace their lineage 3,000 years + to this area. Most actual Palestinians were the original jews of the area. Some of them converted, some never did. But it matters not to Israel, they treat them all, Jewish or Muslim, Arab or Palestinian, as if they are dogs.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I fully admit Hamas is part of the problem. Palestine's Arab neighbors could also care less for the most part. The only neighbors who cared about Palestine was Iran and Syria... no one else could much be bothered to take in many Palestinian refugees, when Syria was bursting at the seams with them. The only reason any other country took in any at all was the outrage among the middle easterners as a whole, and then only enough to appease the people.

However, despite all this peace cannot be had the way it is going now. At current moment 95% of Gaza is without potable water, and its pretty typical even on a normal day. Israel has a complete blockade of the coastline and only allows enough food through to prevent mass malnutrition... They have it to where most Palestinians are without any electricity approximately 12 hours a day and fuel is rationed just the same.

The answer to such a low quality of life on a regular basis is not a nice one. If one was to leave the people be, and allow them a decent standard of living, the response to Israel as a whole from the people there would likely be much different. This in and of itself would take Hamas out of any sort of power, by the people of Palestine themselves. No help needed.

Maybe if they bought food, clothing, water purification systems, and schools instead of rockets things would be better. So the question has to be asked are they going to get the land back? The answer is no. So shooting rockets into Israel and hiding them among children is only going to get children and adults killed. Where is the outrage that the UN found rockets stored in a school? Only to call Hamas and say hey guess what we found?

Don't shoot rockets don't get killed. Yeah its a simplified version but, but in the end isn't that the point no rockets no death because of them.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

There are plenty of pissed off Palestinians about that, no worries there.

As for having a better quality of life, with Israel controlling what goes in and out of that country, good luck seeing an Israel that will allow various fuels and the means of electrical stations in as well as the means for potable water.

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I stand by my statement... the vast majority of the land Israel took occurred in the Yom Kipper war or earlier..

The US has not engaged in a war of conquest in what 100 years... its always been regime change... which is the new polite way to conquer a country.

and the Ukraine was a Russian state till fairly recently..

Nice dodge on Palestine being used in a proxy war against Israel, I don't doubt most Palestinians want peace,just like most Israelis just want peace. its the foreign fighters that continue to cause the problems but lets ignore that so you can hate on Israel...

Look the bottom line is if your going to rage at Israel for what they have done and not be angry and rage at everyone else that has used and abused the Palestinians your part of the problem, many nations have been involved that put them in this hole, not just Israel.

To hate on Israel is to acknowledge their right to exist. I do not. I never will. The law is the law, and I will not entertain excuses that skate around that fact.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Fortunately Israel is a sovereign nation and the so called international law doesn't mean squat...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Israel steals the Palestinians homeland with British military help. Then they create a prison camp where the Palestinians have no rights, no voice, no ability for self determination. When the Palestinians fight back, Israel calls them terrorists and kills their women and children. How dare you Israel, you are becoming as bad as the Nazi's. Israel's leaders are hypocrites and mass murderers who regularly violate international law. The anti defamation league calls anybody who criticizes Israel's policy of Palestinian genocide an anti-semite. If calling out Israeli crimes makes me an anti-semite, then I guess I'm an anti-semite and damn proud of it because I cannot take Israel's side when they are systematically committing genocide.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

All sovereign nations are governed by International Law. International law was created for a reason, and all nations are held to those standards.

But at least we know that Israelis see themselves as above the rest of the people's of the earth, as if we didn't already know that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join