It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were You Visited By A Departed Family Member/Friend ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

What a totally awesome story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

I've been saved numerous times by someone out there too. I understand that feeling of thankfulness you described.
It's so wonderful to know they are still with us when we need them.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jayna
a reply to: Kevinquisitor

So sorry to hear that both your parents have past and so close together. That's got to be terribly hard. I lost my mom just over this summer, so I know some of what your feeling. The things that we hold onto regarding them may seem so mundane to others, but their not. Yes, they definitely are near. I believe it's a process for them as well, I truly do. While we take the structure of families for granted, there is a reason that we are born into them and according to those who have had NDE we are again taken into the arms of family when we pass. So, our bonds with them are as timeless as the heavens above, you are not alone.

I believe that too, Jayna. We'll be united with them again someday.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i must be doing something wrong, my grandparents have been dead for 25 years and i've never seen them or had a nice dream about them. i've asked my spirit guide to visit me in dreams and its never happened, i've asked my spirit guide countless times for white feathers and nothing, (
to my spirit guide, although i do remember sacking my spirit guide some years ago).

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: slippeddisc

‪#‎Afterlife‬ ~ (Q) Is it possible for those that have passed into the spirit plane to at all times communicate with those in the earth plane?
(A) Yes and no - for these conditions are as has been described - that the NECESSARY way or mode must be prepared... Those in the astral plane are not always ready. Those in the physical plane are not always ready. What conditions arise (is asked) that we in the physical plane are not ready? The MIND! What conditions arise that we in the astral plane are not ready? There are those same elements ... of that of the development going on, and the willingness of that INDIVIDUAL to communicate, as given, see? but when set aright, these may - until passed into that Oneness, or returned again, or gone on beyond such communications.

#‎EdgarCayce‬ reading 5756-4

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Amazing how many stories people are sharing. My family members have not me.

When my sister was about six, one moring at breakfast she tells us that Uncle Elvy came yo say goodbye last night. We were in Arizona and my mither says thats silly he is in Minnesota. A few hours later we get a call to learn he passed away in the middle of the night.

My mother had a dream of amother family member who passed. In the dream they tell her to tell their daughter (my mothers cousin) to look in a specific area. They did and found a valuable stamp collection worth a lot.

On a side note I have a niece who blurted out that she chose my sister and her husband as parents when she was in heavan. She said she saw how good they were with her brother and decided she liked them. That was after something like 100 years in heavan with my grandmothers great great grandmothers as her tutor. No one knew her name to even tell my niece but the name she gave us was right.

Although when ger grandfather teased her and said are you sure god didn't say we arr tired of you and we need a break so you are going to earth she laughed and said that might've been it.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
After my father in law passed, my husband was worried that his Dad had been upset with him just before he died. There had been some family drama with his siblings and my husband was concerned that 'Pop' held him responsible.

Throughout my life, I've had some 'unearthly' encounters, but not so much my husband, so I thought I'd try to 'get an answer' to his worries. One evening I meditated on his questions before going to sleep, trying to 'reach out' to Pop.......

That night, I dreamed that I was in a forest of trees planted in perfect rows, and as I walked along a path I came upon one of my horses that had died a year or so earlier, then in the distance I heard a barking dog....as he got closer, I realized it was another long dead pet. I had just started to say something about this being the land of lost pets, when my father in law walked up. (The dog had belonged to him for a short time, but we had taken him when he could no longer keep him...and Pop would come visit him at our house, always saying the dog was still his.)

My father in law had always been a gardener, but had only a tiny backyard to work in, and in his last years he'd moved to a home where he had only patio containers.....in my dream he led me to a greenhouse where he showed me fantastic vines and bushes with huge fruits and flowers....He was literally beaming and laughed at my amazement.

He then led me down a hall with several doors, opening one and telling me it was his favorite....when he stepped thru the doorway, I could see beyond him....The door had opened onto the deck of a sailing ship that was rushing across the open water!

He walked forward to a young woman sitting at the front, with the wind blowing her hair. He put his arm around her (his wife had passed a year earlier), and as the door closed, I realized that his hair was jet black, as it had been when he was young, but as I had only seen in old photos. When the door closed, I woke up.

I could hardly wait to tell my husband this fantastic dream... he was still somewhat the skeptic, but he did tell me that his dad, who'd been in the Navy in WWII, had often talked about wanting a sail boat, but lived too far from the ocean for that to be possible....something I had not known he wanted to do.

Perhaps it was only a dream, one I managed to have simply because I wanted my husband to feel better, but I rarely manage to dream about something just because I 'want to'.......I really feel like I was given a glimpse of Pop's personal 'heaven'......filled with the things he'd loved while he was alive.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seeking77

I love hearing stories of people who remember choosing their parents. It's validation for reincarnation.

I have a thread on the t.v. show, The Ghost Inside My Child, on ATS. There are several people telling that they, or their children, remembered things like that.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The new season came out a few weeks ago. I record every show and save it.

I have a three month old grand-niece that I'm going to spend time with when she gets a little older, and ask her some questions to see if she remembers anything about her past life.
It seems more and more children are remembering past lives, or being in heaven and choosing their parents, and more.
I'm curious to see if she does.

edit on 9/17/2014 by sled735 because: add link

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: frayed1

And it happened again!
I was looking over my paranormal thread a few days ago and came across some of your posts. I wondered what happened to you because I haven't seen you on ATS in a very long time...
And here you are, posting in my thread.

Humm... I'm going to have to start using my "powers" more often.

Seems all I have to do is think of someone I haven't seen in awhile, and, PRESTO, they appear in a day or two. I either get a call from them, bump into them at some store, or read about them dying in the paper.

It's really good to see you, Frayed1. I'm glad you are still active on ATS.

That "dream" wasn't a dream. Your father-in-law really did come to you on the astral plane to give that message to you so you could tell your husband. Believe it, it's true.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I had to tell you what just happened. I was just reading this thread and read an earlier post about the lights flickering for a member when a loved one had passed. The same just happened to me! The post made me think of my Nan and I thought about how she's not made any lights flicker (that I'm aware of) and a second or so later, my light flickered off, the room went dark for a second and then it came back on.

I've been sitting in this room for hours every day for months now and this is the first time a light has flickered in here. I checked the weather reports - there's no storms around. I know in my heart it was my Nan. This isn't the first time she's let me know she's still around. In one of the earlier memories just after she passed, I had a real feeling dream in which she told me she was still around but in a different form.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   
When my Dad passed on and bearing in mind that my Mum had often discussed the afterlife and had agreed that if they would pass on they would try to send a sign, in their case movinga tortoise ornament on top of their TV, it did indeed fly across her room.

At the same time and miles away, I was watching TV. We had a small solid silver Platypus ornament (no idea why!!) on the TV stand under the TV.

It flew across the room about 8 feet and dropped in my lap.

Personally, I think maybe his spirit/soul had not yet moved on.

Nothing like that since.

A true story.
edit on 20-1-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
My Mum and I made a pack a handful of years ago, where we agreed that whoever went first, probably being my Mum as per natural course, would come back and let the other know they were alright and continued onward after physical death.

My lovely Mum died back in August 2020, i miss her every day, i talk to her in my mind every day since she died.

She hasn't shown up to me or anyone else in our family.

I miss her every day and would give almost anything to spend just a few minutes with her.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
When my mom died, I didn't "feel" anything at the time it happened. But the night before, as she was slipping into a coma, I felt a warm touch in my sleep and a dryness in my throat (she died of throat cancer).

After she died, I was driving around the parking lot, I heard rumors they were storing bodies in refrigerated trucks and I wanted to see if any were in the hospital area, so I was driving around. Stairway to heaven was playing and then the song "Before I go".

As I was at the red light waiting to leave the hospital, all the warning lights came on in my car. I turned it off and on again and it was fine. The same thing happened about five years ago when my alternator was going. The mechanic said a bad alternator causes electrical disturbances that makes your electronics go in and out. At the time I thought the same thing was happening, but my alternator was fine - never happened again.

My mom always said she loved my car. I bought it years ago so it would be easy for her to get in and out.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Almost every member that has passed has left some sort of message it seems, but thena gain they all knew that i was super sensitive so maybe thats why, skeptics would say otherwise im sure.

The most wild was my grandpa, I posted about it here back then.

He passed away and that same day , after he had passed, back at his house he had a trail camera that he kept pointed to his poarch because people were always trying to steal his stuff......

Well it caught something, in it you can clearly see a figure that looks like its leaning on a post, with a truckers hat on, he was a very slender short man. The pic before was a light streaking into the picture and the next was the figure standing there, and the next the light streaming out again.

I have lost the other two photos but heres this one .

Many on here when i posted it back in 2011 accused me of faking it, but alas, its just a snapshot of the game cam

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
wow. That photo is amazing! I fully believe you.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Does anyone know if Sled is still around? I wish to pass on a message to her but I don't have enough posts yet.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join