It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were You Visited By A Departed Family Member/Friend ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Thank you to the members who have shared your stories since my last thank you post.
I love hearing everyone's individual experiences.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I am usually a skeptic but something happened to me a couple of weeks ago that changed my perspective......this happened on 27th of June at my local hospital where I work......and it spooked me:

"7am, beginning of our shift, my colleague and I went to our bay to say good morning to the patients that were awake. Gladys (fake name to preserve her anonimity) called us and we went to see her. She sat up and with teary eyes asked me to get her wedding ring from her safety box (it was put away to keep it safe as it was falling off her finger due to weight loss). I got the ring, gave it to Gladys, she put it on her finger and then looked at us and said:

"I have to wear it now.........I've just become a widow". My colleague and I smiled and reassured her that she was not and that her husband was at home waiting for her to get better and go home (we have seen her husband two or three days before, he was visiting).

"No" she said "I just saw my Tony......he came to say goodbye". We gave her a hug and a cup of tea and off we went to our duties. At around 8am we saw Gladys' son talking to the ward matron and five minutes later all nurses were called for a quick meeting........where we were told to be extra vigilant of Gladys as her husband had passed away during the night and her son was about to tell her.

My colleague and I looked at each other and we were as white as a sheet........."

See.....signs and lessons come when you less expect them.
edit on 24-7-2014 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2014 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Absolutely. Over the years I've told the full stories on various threads here. Short versions: I was in a horrible car accident when I was a teenager (16), and my mom died 4 years before that. I thought my aunt was staying by my bedside, holding my hand and singing lullabies from my babyhood. It turned out that wasn't my aunt. Also, my very sane, very rational father was walking into the ICU area where I was, and when he got to my room, saw my mother at my side, holding my hand. He said that she looked at him and nodded. He knew then that I would live. He turned around and left. Went to the lobby to compose himself. He didn't tell me this story until years later, after my aunt told me that she hadn't visited me while in ICU because only immediate family could do so.

Also, when I was 25 and a new bride, my grandmother (father's mother) died suddenly. She had always said she wouldn't go until I had gotten married. I had a very real dream of my grandmother coming to see me so she could let me know she was all right. She asked me if I had seen my mother lately. I told her, no, I hadn't. My grandmother said "She probably has gotten too young then.". Right after that statement, my husband woke me up.. He was freaked out because I was sitting up in bed and talking in my sleep...

edit on 7/24/2014 by Lolliek because: Spacing issues

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
A few years ago, during the GFC I was in a really bad place. I couldn't get the kind of job I'd previously been paid well to do (after being made redundant) and was working a terrible job, for a not great wage & just unhappily existing, not really living. I was exceptionally unhappy, but just kept ploughing on.

Then I had a visitation from Pop, who had passed away 10 years prior, he came to me in a dream. We went for a long walk, by the water and past the famous pie shop, walked up the hill - all the while talking about everything. My life mostly. Then we got to be walking outside my place, I pointed up to my apartment and proudly exclaimed that's where I live, and how obviously I was doing well to be living there. He embaressed me when he told me he knew that wasn't the case, he watches me, he knows exactly what is going on and I need to get honest with myself etc.. He gave me a bit of a talk, told me that impressing other people wasn't important. That I needed more faith in myself, and possessions etc don't actually matter. I'm paraphrasing here - but he essentially told me that's not what life is about. I asked him what it is about then, and what should I do. He said I can do what I want, it doesn't really matter, the big thing is to not hurt or harm other people, that's what matters he said.

This post is long enough so I won't go into all the fine details. However I will say this was definitely real. It wasn't a normal dream, and when he was gone, I woke up balling my eyes out. I immediately called my mother to tell her, as I was so convinced this was real. I told her about the walk, and where we went. She gasped and said "ah yes, he always loved it there, he took me to the pie shop when I was a kid" ... I never even knew he'd ever been anywhere near where I lived as I'm a city creature, and he was a country man. I totally took his advice, quit the awful job, spent a few months getting my life in order and haven't looked back... I just wish he'd visit me again.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Thank you, Agartha. I'm so sorry I haven't responded to your post. I've been busy on a couple of other threads.

That's an amazing story. I'm sorry for her loss, but you did get the validation you needed to know this does happen, right?

Thanks again for sharing that with us.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
originally posted by: Lolliek

Absolutely. Over the years I've told the full stories on various threads here. Short versions: I was in a horrible car accident when I was a teenager (16), and my mom died 4 years before that. I thought my aunt was staying by my bedside, holding my hand and singing lullabies from my babyhood. It turned out that wasn't my aunt. Also, my very sane, very rational father was walking into the ICU area where I was, and when he got to my room, saw my mother at my side, holding my hand. He said that she looked at him and nodded. He knew then that I would live. He turned around and left. Went to the lobby to compose himself. He didn't tell me this story until years later, after my aunt told me that she hadn't visited me while in ICU because only immediate family could do so.

That sent chills through me! But in a good way.
Awesome!

Also, when I was 25 and a new bride, my grandmother (father's mother) died suddenly. She had always said she wouldn't go until I had gotten married. I had a very real dream of my grandmother coming to see me so she could let me know she was all right. She asked me if I had seen my mother lately. I told her, no, I hadn't. My grandmother said "She probably has gotten too young then.". Right after that statement, my husband woke me up.. He was freaked out because I was sitting up in bed and talking in my sleep...

So she was regressing back to her younger self. That makes me wonder if we don't reach that youthful age (around 33) until we have become less attached to our earthly lives? Gives me something to think about.

Thank you for sharing that!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Jensen10

What an awesome visit!
And, yes, it was absolutely real!
You don't have to worry about him visiting you again. He is aware of your life, even if you don't get any more visits. He came to you then because you needed to hear the advice he gave you. Obviously, you are on the right path, or you would have had another visit. You can feel good knowing that.

Thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I wish I understood about the reverting to a younger age bit. Why do you think the age is 33? She was 46 when she died (it was weird when I passed that age). I guess I thought she might have gone back to her late teens/early twenties, before she had kids. I'd love to hear your theory! PM me if you want to, but others might like to hear it too.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

but others might like to hear it too

I certainly would!

P

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I don't know how well this will go over here because it has to do with religion, but the only thing that comes to my mind with the age being 33 is because that is the age Jesus was when he died on the cross.

Okay, I know there are a lot of people that don't believe he died; I've seen the threads, etc. but, I don't have any other theories for it being 33.

No, we regress back to our early thirties and stay there... until we reincarnate.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Some teach that In heaven we can consciously control our surroundings including our self perception (our age).

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: glend I've read that spirits can choose how they would like to appear or how you remembered them. Which makes sense because it might be hard to recognize your teenage grandma or your 5 year old uncle.

Oh and Sled, I don't think its all because of religion but might be, but possibly has to do with 33 or around there. 33 vertebrates in the spine... at the age 33 you're pretty mature and have become basically yourself (for the most part)
But who really knows

edit on 30-7-2014 by kodasaufa because: ...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
About the 33 age.

My grandfather visits me in my dreams a couple of times a year,and he and I just talk.
He tells me how well I am doing, and to keep it up.
He always looks the way I remember him,not younger.
He told me once that he keeps this older look for me.
Which would mean that he looks different / perhaps younger in heaven, but changes back to his older self, so it's easier for me to connect with him.

My late mother on the other hand,when she visits me in my dreams, seems so much younger (around early 30s, late 20s), and she glows with happiness, and just looks great, and beautiful!
She usually visits me to tell me of things that will happen in the future, or gives me advice on things I were pondering about.

I've heard about the religious aspect about this, but even if you're not too religious, it would make sense that once we go back home, we can change our appearance and other things. By just willing it to happen.

I love reading all these stories.
It's nice to see other people experienced similar things with family members who have passed on.
To me it seems like my late family members are watching over me, gently guiding me.

My humble 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
About the 33 age.

My grandfather visits me in my dreams a couple of times a year,and he and I just talk.
He tells me how well I am doing, and to keep it up.
He always looks the way I remember him,not younger.
He told me once that he keeps this older look for me.
Which would mean that he looks different / perhaps younger in heaven, but changes back to his older self, so it's easier for me to connect with him.

My late mother on the other hand,when she visits me in my dreams, seems so much younger (around early 30s, late 20s), and she glows with happiness, and just looks great, and beautiful!
She usually visits me to tell me of things that will happen in the future, or gives me advice on things I were pondering about.

I've heard about the religious aspect about this, but even if you're not too religious, it would make sense that once we go back home, we can change our appearance and other things. By just willing it to happen.

I love reading all these stories.
It's nice to see other people experienced similar things with family members who have passed on.
To me it seems like my late family members are watching over me, gently guiding me.

My humble 2 cents.

Thank you for your "2 cents" Rainbow.

I also feel/know that my dad watches over me. I have been in financial situations where I figured I would be on the street in the next month or so, then some strange thing would happen, and money would come in that I wasn't expecting, and it would always be enough to keep me going and make the house payment.
This has happened many times.

I've stopped stressing over it because I know I am being watched over, not only by him, but from my grandmother and guardian angel, spirit guide, and all those who love me "up there".

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yes, I have been visited a total of 3 times.

This first occasion was about a month after my maternal uncle passed away. I heard him calling my name three times, it was his voice and he used my full name twice and my nickname once. He was the only family member who called me by my full name. The next day I told my parents, my dad being the sceptic he is passed it off as dreaming. It was not a dream, I was fully awake and reading at the time, although I was supposed to be asleep.
My mom was opened minded about it. She beloved me that it was him, her side of the family is full of psychics.

The second time it really wasn't a visitation per se, it was a Near Death Experience. I don't remember anything of the NDE except for a feeling of complete and utter peace and joy, a feeling I have never felt before and haven't felt since. As soon as I woke up, after the initial reaction of having 20 people standing around me (not to mention the machines) I thought of my maternal uncle and maternal grandfather. I believe they were there with me, supporting me during that traumatic time.

The third time was just last year. My grandmother passed away, she wanted to be cremated so the funeral was out off because of financial constraints. Family was traveling in from Australia, pretty expensive, and we wanted the people that wanted to be at the funeral to be there, so it was out off until 6 months after her death. During that time the light in my kitchen turned on by itself, light switch and all, several times. This was witnessed by my husband, and several of our friends. I told my husband that I think it's my Gram and she wants to be buried. She was going to be in the same plot as her son, my maternal uncle that had passed away years ago. One night after it happened I said aloud something's along the lines of "I love you, don't worry you're going to be with my uncle soon, just waiting on family to come from Australia. After that the lights never turned on again. In my heart of hearts I know it was her.

edit on 30-7-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: fix

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Double post
edit on 30-7-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

About 22 years ago my grandma passed. It was 4pm when I was watching tv and the tv turned off and on by itself over and over about 4 or 5 times then remained dead (had to call repairman).

My mom called that evening to say grandma had passed, and I asked her if was about 4pm and she said yes, that was correct. We were both left confused about the ordeal.

I believe grandma came to say goodbye.

edit on 30-7-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I love these stories!

My mom's side of the family is sensitive to these things. I have 2 cousins and 1 brother who have actually seen family members that have passed. I haven't, but I do see them in dreams. My grandma seems to always be in my dreams and my mom's dreams. She is always warning us of something to come or giving hints to something to come. Future babies, future deaths...etc.

My most recent one - she told me about something in October. Now...I am waiting around for October.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Awesome stories, Jenny!
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917
Yep, I'd say it was her.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>