It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy clashes erupt over Tripoli airport, at least four dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Seems like the world is exploding over there

(Reuters) - Heavy fighting erupted on Sunday around Tripoli International Airport, where rival militias have been battling for control, killing at least four people and forcing thousands from their homes, local residents and witnesses said.

The airport standoff is the most serious violence in Tripoli since the 2011 fall of Muammar Gaddafi, with Libya's fragile government unable to assert authority over rival brigades of former rebels fighting for political and economic power.

Reuters

Not only in Gaza and Ukraine....

So much violence it is hard to comprehend sometimes..

Semper

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This is sad news. I really hate what we have done to that country. They were wealthy and prosperous (compared to the rest of Africa) regardless of Ghadaffi's corruption, hell, we have our fair share of it here. Now they are totally screwed. Shame on us.
edit on 20-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What's one more theater at this point?

Seems to me all that's missing is NK and China. BTW - odd NK hasn't bothered to make waves, we all know they love the attention....perhaps the apple fell further from the tree than initially perceived.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
So much violence it is hard to comprehend sometimes..

Such a simple statement that says more in it's brevity than a lengthy article written by any pundit could hope to convey.

I wish I could add more, but I can't. The more I try to understand the world today ... the less I actually do.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

Yes, Lebanon is not the safest place to be now either.

Also the country is experiencing a lot water/ electricity shortages----the reason 1.1 or more million refugees from Syria seeking refuge in Lebanon.

Lebanon's population was ca. 4 million before, add 1.1 million Syrians, it's just too much even the government said, they can't take in anymore Syrians, this small country simply cannot handle it.

(I've been living here with my Lebanese husband for 5 years. I think it's a beautiful country, the people are friendly, and helpful, but the situation here right now is not too bright. )

edit on 20/7/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

The entire world is falling apart. It is not only there. It is here too... To many people are afraid to fight back, that is the root of the problem.

new topics

top topics

join