It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spot Free Sun. Is it about to get really cold ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I've had a feeling this might happen soon, and it has. This first sunspot free day in the best part of 3 years.

Spaceweather

As solar cycles go, this one has been particularly weak. Indeed the following image should put it into perspective;

The overall weakness, I think, is summed up best by this line;

none of us alive have ever seen such a weak cycle

Now I'm not going to suggest we're heading for another Maunder Minimum, but it seems likely that things are going to get a bit cooler.

The following projection should give you a reasonable idea.

And to quote the source of the above graphic;

Solar Cycles 24 to 27 are annotated. For the next thirty years odd, temperatures will be at mid-19th Century levels. With the two year decrease in the length of Solar Cycle 26 from 25, temperatures will rise by 1.4°C by mid-century to late 20th Century levels.

By then, anthropogenic carbon dioxide will be providing a very welcome 0.2°C to the temperature.

The Source as noted

Buy sheep, make wool, knit jumpers !

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It was 3 days ago. The spotless day was 17th.

17th. (malaysian, any1?)

EDIT:

Heres the sun from our backyard on the 17th

Picture taken with mobile phone through Meade LXD-75

edit on 20-7-2014 by menneni because: adding a picture

edit on 20-7-2014 by menneni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: menneni

I'm not sure of your point ? I did read my own source, I did not suggest it was today.

Something a little more constructive would have been appreciated.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Sorry. (i'm still on my morning cup of coffee)

I did add a picture for teh amusement

...and for some thoughts about this all, i too think that we are heading for a cold ride, which is not nice for us guys living on northern hemisphere.

Ben on S0 has got interesting points about future weather, i suggest anyone to watch couple of his playlists about weather.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Definitely the weakest cycle for more than a century!

The Maunder and Dalton minimum lasted for a few decades, so I think it's safe to say we are not there, yet. But if history is to be taken as a guide, we have to keep an eye on the lenght of weak cycles as they always affect our weather. I certainly wouldn't like another mini ice age.

But, if I remember correctly, the previous decades had much more solar activity than the historical average...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: menneni

All good mate, nice image, really nice and thanks for that.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Definitely the weakest cycle for more than a century!

The Maunder and Dalton minimum lasted for a few decades, so I think it's safe to say we are not there, yet. But if history is to be taken as a guide, we have to keep an eye on the lenght of weak cycles as they always affect our weather. I certainly wouldn't like another mini ice age.

But, if I remember correctly, the previous decades had much more solar activity than the historical average...

if it weren't for the deadly effects of a cooling planet i would actually love it. God already drops ice on ol' Gore whenever he steps up to a podium even if it's in the tropics. but an ice age would finally give the AGW acolytes the comeuppance they so richly deserve.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Yes, there is research that suggests among other things that a colder planet is actually a drier planet in places like the American West. Not good for Cali, Las Vegas, Arizona and many places out there. We may well be begging to give them back to Mexico before all is said and done.

It could shift our growing zones far enough south to have a significant impact in the amounts and types of crops that could be grown for food in the US Midwest and Plain states. Corn would be much less prevalent as the southern states are not actually that good for it.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
All of this is Hog Wash....
Al Gore said over and over we are in Global Warming!
Buy suntan lotion and swim suits...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Yes the 1998 Livingston and Penn paper on umbral magnetic fields projected that sunspots may vanish from surface of sun sometime after 2015. wattsupwiththat.com...

Rug Up.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The Calm before The Storm!

The peak just might not have happen yet, so might want to wait before claiming All Well! I would like to go using that myself, know better now.

Data only for so many years means nothing since all we have is just the data we have gotten since computers. Then a whole list of How It Works laid out for the People. Then go about ones day believing the Sun is Never a Threat to Earth is just silly.

We still have over 3 yrs to hit the downside if things going by paperwork or a sharp rise is coming. Going by paperwork, data the Sun has not even hit it peak in every other cycles yet to date. If what is stated would mean our 11 year cycle just went out the window and our data is lacking.

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: infoseeker26754

What? This is the second of two peaks. We've hit one already.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, sun spots at a all time low, looking good yet I was talking about the whole Suns Cycle. Of course theirs a difference in data we are given vs. what one knows.

Small Ice Age, so put reflective stuff in the air to help slow this down is what some are doing. No need to go south just yet. Oh wait, there coming Here, opps! LOL

Just not putting all my eggs into one basket, thats all. Does not the Peak last for 3.5 yrs? So some claim were going down, okay with that. Quite way to fast, since the Glitter might Not work, Japans mess might Correct what Man tried to stop.

With a small Price of course! Buy some Mickies before it's too late! Or be ready for anything not being said, like Japan!

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I will just say that many countries and regions experience weird weather patterns this year.

often it has to do with lower than average temperature and increased rainfall.

don't know if it has anything to do with "your Sun theory"...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

Most of it is, using data that seems to have flaws somehow.

Kinda like buying a new battery at Walmart! Bring in ones core, get new battery; go home and place in car. Nope! Computer claims, Free Battery, Money Back on Core Too! Not only did I get a Battery for Free, paid me back full price on core!

Hey, after 1/2 hr explaining how I'm buying a new one and here's the core to the Superviser even! I took both Kindly! Lets all hear down to the Beaches of CA and play in the water? How about That little island west of CA? Nice waves I've heard.

Yep. Hogwash! Always Everything is just Fine, be at ease. Nice if it would actually happen one day, although always calm before any storm. If one pays attention to History, clear as day. Told we were in GW 10+ yrs ago and Still would not Hear of Such Words then.

I wonder why?

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Last winter in the northern hemisphere was brutal after relatively warm ones with little to no snow. The rains have been torrential. Summer so far has had a few warm days but rain and clouds and cooler temps for the most part. When the sun is week and our magnetic field is too, more particles come through and seed the clouds. I think it is a combination of all of the worst possible anomalies coming together at the same time.

Landscheidt Minimum

It looks very much like SC23, SC24 and the coming SC25 will be comparable to SC4, 5 and 6. Solar Cycles 5 and 6 were responsible for the Dalton Minimum. SC 24 and 25 will constitute the Landscheidt Minimum and we can now expect some 25 additional years of global cooling (which has of course already started – about 6 or 7 years ago).

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Interesting point regarding growing zones. I imagine that any drop in global temperature is likely to come on in a bit of a hurry compared to the timescale of alleged warming.

Considering the rapid development of such an event the implications are really quite sobering.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So this post died and this one lives?? The other post was created on July 21 and this one on the 20. Go figure one in Space and one in Fragile Earth. I guess that is the problem, trying to choose the appropriate forum. Maybe there needs to be an automatic direction to the appropriate forum based on key words like 'Sun'.

I go to great lengths to research what I post but am not going to post to 2 threads on the same topic it is becoming futile. Sorry OP but this was posted by another member a day earlier and is a subject that is so important to the human race and our survival in the coming cool down.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Well, it really depends on how much cooling we actually experience. That was based on worst case scenario figures, and it wouldn't be like nothing could grow in the cornbelt, it just wouldn't be corn which takes specific temps at night and other condition in order to ripen properly.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
There is another thread on this ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ), I posted a picture taken by my friend only 2 weeks ago (05/07/2014)...seems to be active, perhaps the lack of spots was a one off for this time of year?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join