It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My story up until ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Greetings fellow ATSers, and willkommen to you all.

Let's get the basics out of the way first. I'm currently 38 years old (I say "currently" because it has been known to change around the same time each year), male (just the regular sort - not one of the many subtypes), West Australian (born and raised, and the playground is where I spent most of my days), middle-class (although I'm not really sure how the class structure works in this country), an Atheist (although I was raised a strict and devout Roman Catholic until the age of 21), live alone (aside from Vega the Cat - named after the Street Fighter character, although, of the other gender), and work in the extraordinarily unique field of IT (Oh, you work in IT too? What a strange coincedence?!). I am currently a member of Mensa and MUFON, although, the former may reconsider my membership after seeing that I have joined ATS (kidding, of course).

I had lived most of my life quite happily not considering that a world exists outside of what we can see, or what the media presents us, and my biggest fear (not that it has changed) was death. As above, I had lost my faith at the age of 21, including all belief in the supernatural, the paranormal, and He-man, for no particular reason, other than, it just didn't seem real anymore. I had never felt God's presence or that I was being judged for my sins (the old adage of "Why do bad things happen to good people?")... never felt that I had a soul, or that any part of me existed in a realm outside of the physical, which continued to exist after death... never had an outer body experience or witnessed a ghost (nothing that I wasn't able to explain away through common sense)... never met anybody who could read my mind or move things with theirs... and never had any scientific evidence that a planet call Eternia has ever existed, or any explanation as to why they were all incredibly well-built, for people who never seemed to workout?! So, anyway, life was boring and predictable, but it was easy to understand, and I played along. That was, however, until 9/11 happened... on my birthday.

Now my birthday is actually on the 12th of September, but living in Australia, it was already the 12th here when the first tower was hit. So while it was a massive shock that this was really happening, and people just going about their every day lives were now being targeted for no other reason than for being there... something didn't feel quite 'right' about it all. Something about the way the planes managed to reach their targets 'too easily'... the way the towers fell straight downwards... and the way it all turned into an unsubstantiated attack on Iraq. Something didn't quite add up. So I went looking for an explanation... some way to make sense of it all... and I was introduced into a world that I never knew existed. The world of the 'consipracy theory'... and what a fascinating world it was... but this was just a gateway to what lead me to my REAL mission in life.

Watching the news (in Australia, of course) late one night in 2009, there was a story about some footage that was captured in the town of Kumburgaz, Turkey, of a possible UFO (and by 'UFO' I'm aware that I'm using a very general term for the desccription of 'alien transport device', but I feel that the term has now evolved into a new definition, if not just for the fact that everybody will know what I'm talking about when I say 'UFO', rather than 'spacecraft', 'interdimensional frequency regulator', 'wormhole generator', etc. Anyway, you're missing the point, the news story said "UFO", so that that's what I'm using.
). Whether it was authentic or not, I had never seen anything like it, and it opened my eyes to a world, quite literally, that was outside of the world that I knew... and it was being shown on the news, on a mainstream media network, I thought this was the beginning of something... the start of alien visitation to our planet. We were on the cusp of a totally new horizon... a horizon that expanded across the Universe, and possibly beyond. I had to know more about it... I had to find out how long this had been happening for... I had to know where this was leading. Well, both to my pleasure, and to my dismay, I had found out that this was not an isolated event, and had been happening for quite some time. I say 'dismay' because it made me think about how people must've felt when THEY first saw a 'UFO' and the excitement that THEY must've felt with the anticpation of an open interaction with alien life... which never came... as it hasn't come to me.

So that's where I am today. On a search to find out as much as I can about UFOs, alien life, and full disclosure. So, yes, I WILL be looking at all of your videos and photos of possible sightings, and I WILL be calling shenanigans when I see a photo of an oyster/ down light in the reflection of a window.
Not for Conspiracy Theorists to lament, however, for I AM still interested in knowing the truth about ALL Earthly events, which I find lies somewhere between what the mainstream media is telling us, and what the alternate news suggests.

Let's start this journey together... through the hallowed forums of ATS. Onwards and upwards towards the truth on Earth, and the disclosure of what lies outside. To YOU, my fellow ATSers.
edit on 20/7/2014 by Rexamillian because: spelling mistake

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Rexamillian

Welcome to the ATS family!!
There are many fellow Australian comrades here on ATS

There are numerous forums for you to browse, many which hit the topics you named

Just hang on tight and enjoy the ride
Beware of the trolls and don't let them lure you into the darkness.....bwaaahaaahaa

Here is a door prize for your many adventures here that you are about to embark on
[you're gonna need it. LOL]

If you have any questions, just ask

Avatar needs/questions, just click onto my link in the sig
Questions about the site, click onto the 'Help with ATS' link at very bottom of sig

Good luck and see ya around the board!!

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I just clicked your link. There was a huge thunder clap.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Australian... Welcome aboard and glad you decided to take the step of joining. I play golf with a bunch of Aussie's and consider them easy money for the most part. Great guys and always good for a few drinks and laughs. You play golf ? Muhahahaha

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
welcome to the real world...."hang on that may be a line from the matrix"....never the less welcome ...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Great intro

Welcome to your new obsession, it can get quite heated at times but at the end of the day it's the best community on the net.

I'm Cody, one of the avatar artists here, feel free to click my sig strip where it says Avatar Creations below and ask the team to work on one for you

There are times you will feel like this

And others like this

It's called being a member of ATS.......................Enjoy the ride

Any questions just ask

Cody

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Welcome ... happy hours at 1700 b.y.o.b .. far better company and more intelligence at ats than mensa ..

Just be careful poking around .. never know what you will stumble across ..

The rest should be along with your doorprizes and survivalkit shortly ..

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

G,day mate and welcome
good intro
there is a lot of info here about UFO's/AFO's/TAV's whatever you want to call them
and 9/11
so put a seat belt on your chair and enjoy the ride
oh and how are things over in the largest sand pit on the planet

join