It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Still Not Enough: Obama says --> Economic Growth Must Be 'Broadly Shared'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Mr. "Old Soft Shoe" himself is at it again.

Petting the puppies and brushing the kittens as usual.

This time he's preaching about economic growth being "broadly shared" !!!

In his weekly address he cites all kinds of munchies like helping the middle class and whatnot.

He's getting into campaign mode for the desperate Democrats facing mass defeat in November.

In this week's address, President Obama ensured that economic growth is to be "broadly shared" from the "middle-out." And going against the trend of the vast majority of recent addresses, this one didn't completely heap the blame of failure on Congress but actually gave them a slight "atta' boy." But never fear, Obama didn't fail to mention that he will do whatever, whenever he can, with his phone and pen.

From the "Middle-Out" ?? Don't you mean "from the Middle-Down" Barack ?

The president boasted that 10 million jobs have been created over the past 52 months saying, "China is no longer the world's best place to invest -- America is." He congratulated hard working Americans for this achievement. But he wants to make sure that everyone can share in this economic boom:

Now we have the opportunity to ensure that this growth is broadly shared. Our economy grows best not from the top-down, but from the middle-out. We do better when the middle class does better. So we have to make sure that we’re not just creating more jobs, but raising middle-class wages and incomes. We have to make sure our economy works for every working American.

"My opportunity agenda does that," Obama said. He even said that Vice President Joe Biden has been busy working on a report that will transform America's "job training system into a job-driven training system."

Sounds like a classic "Tax Bait" to me. And what about the job *LOSSES* Barack ? And Joe's plan ? I bet it's more like a job "Killer".

... Obama goes on and on and actually gives a little credit to Congress !!! He now all-of-a-sudden says he wants to work with both Democrats and Republicans to get that minimum wage raised up !!! And to "strengthen the borders" through immigration "reform" HA HA. Obama has already made a dog pile mess of that agenda hasn't he.

And finally....

"Because nothing's more important to me than you -- your hopes, your concerns, and making sure this country remains the place where everyone who works hard can make it if you try. "

THE OLD SOFT SHOE

www.youtube.com...

"Because nothing's more important to me than you."

It's Still Not Enough: Economic Growth Must Be 'Broadly Shared'

edit on Jul-20-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How is it helping the middle class.. if the fruits of their labor is shared "out"?

I really wish people en masse would see through the fog, but I really think a majority will be clapping like the dumb walruses they are.

edit on th252014-07-20T01:25:20-05:00k20-05007America/Chicago-18000America/Chicago by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I get nervous whenever a progressive uses the word "share".

That usually means he wants to share what I have and keep what he has.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

(excerpted from OP's source)

Now we have the opportunity to ensure that this growth is broadly shared. Our economy grows best not from the top-down, but from the middle-out. We do better when the middle class does better. So we have to make sure that we’re not just creating more jobs, but raising middle-class wages and incomes. We have to make sure our economy works for every working American.

OH THE HORROR!

That is a 100% true statement. Trickle-down economics does not work (don't trickle-down my leg and tell me it's raining jobs) and a large, strong middle-class is the entire point. I'm not saying it's not a platitude but wth have the Republicans done in the same time? Fiscal cliff debacles? Yay.

EDIT:

Also, look at these Saul Alinsky tactics! Classic! Right out of Rules for Radicals:

Sounds like a classic "Tax Bait" to me. And what about the job *LOSSES* Barack ? And Joe's plan ? I bet it's more like a job "Killer".

... Obama goes on and on and actually gives a little credit to Congress !!! He now all-of-a-sudden says he wants to work with both Democrats and Republicans to get that minimum wage raised up !!! And to "strengthen the borders" through immigration "reform" HA HA. Obama has already made a dog pile mess of that agenda hasn't he.

And finally....

"Because nothing's more important to me than you -- your hopes, your concerns, and making sure this country remains the place where everyone who works hard can make it if you try. "

THE OLD SOFT SHOE

edit on 2014-7-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

In this week's address, President Obama ensured that economic growth is to be "broadly shared" from the "middle-out."

From the OP's source.

So Obama wants to use the middle class to feed the programs that he wants.

Middle-out?

Sounds like he wants more taxes, more usury from those that can least afford it!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
From my post in the other thread ...

Here are the top 10 Min Wage States. A * denotes they are worse than the national average.
June 2013 Unemployment --- June 2014 Unemployment --- CHANGE
USA Avg.
7.5 --- 6.1 --- 1.4
Washington
7.0 --- 5.8 --- 1.2*
Oregon
7.8* --- 6.8* --- 1*
California
9* --- 7.4* --- 1.6
Vermont
4.4 --- 3.5 --- .9
Connecticut
7.9* --- 6.7* --- 1.2*
New Jersey
8.4* --- 6.6* --- 1.8
Illinois
9.2* --- 7.1* --- 2.1
Nevada
10* --- 7.7* --- 2.3
Massachusetts
7.1 --- 5.5 --- 1.6
Colorado
6.9 --- 5.5 --- 1.4

here is the data for the 10 lowest states.

2014 Unemployment Rates
Georgia
7.4*
Wyoming
Minnesota
Arkansas
West Virginia
(not on the list??)
Virginia
Utah
Texas
South Dakota

Hilarious how much better they are doing.

Average unemployment for top 10 high min. wage states.
Average unemployment for bottom 10 min. wage states.
www.bls.gov...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

How does that work again?

Top down; bottom up; middle out ... or inside out.

Cloward-Piven

Collapse the system by destroying the middle class. That's directly what he's referencing. When they share out the wealth of the middle class, it gets closer to the bottom and they get closer to their goal.

new topics

top topics

join