It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pic from Mars rover revealing... a beam of wood!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It is the parachute which it used to slow down descent speed and land safely it releases it as it approaches a few metres above the ground.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
looks like im a couple of years late on this piece of wood....

no doubt in my mind.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
It definitely looks like petrified wood to me..

petrified wood

another interesting thing is, it looks like it has been cut and shaped for a certain purpose.. it doesn't look like just a log, or some tree, it looks like it's been processed for a purpose.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
It is probably a camera test object or obstacle at the mars scape test site where they tested the rover prototype to work out major bugs. Someone may have gotten that picture out of an old archive. Hoax is pretty high up there also.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet Death
It is probably a camera test object or obstacle at the mars scape test site where they tested the rover prototype to work out major bugs. Someone may have gotten that picture out of an old archive. Hoax is pretty high up there also.
definatly not a haox,as the picture is on the nasa website

as for wether or not it's wood,well that's open to interpretation,and without a colour picture,it's hard to tell.

and for those who pearoasted this,this morning,thank you,I'd not seen this before

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet Death

Maybe just maybe, people should take like .. ya'know 5-10 minutes extra on top of their posts to visit the sites where the picture is and the information regarding the picture..... ya'know just to avoid highly speculative conjecture.

Just because it WAS a piece of wood doesn't mean it is anymore... it could be petrified (lack of water) meaning it is now stone.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest from duplicated link
reply to post by SuperSlovak

This thread is a example of being a waste for ATS. The picture isn't from Mars. The picture is so fake in everyway. I just wish that people would STOP posting this sort of poo.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I just love it when someone pops in, speaks of things for which they have no clue soooo emphatically, only to be proven so wrong. Restores my faith in the balance of the universe.
Props to gordonwest for being the first person to make me laugh out loud today. (no worries gordo, everyone makes mistakes, everyone, it only shows you are willing to speak up)

Yes, it is a real photo from Mars, please note that the web address in this link is from NASA.

Unless of course gordo is suggesting that NASA is being fraudulent!

Other Mars related photos of interest;

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

See, boys and girls, there’s lots of cool stuff in space.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well, at least we don't have to worry about Martian technology being better than ours?

We quit using timber for railway sleepers twenty years ago and now use re-enforced concrete instead.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Wow awesome catch. What the heck is that lol, it almost looks like its attached to something of a decent size.

maybe its this ?

[edit on 28-11-2008 by whoshotJR]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
reply to post by worldwatcher

Wow awesome catch. What the heck is that lol, it almost looks like its attached to something of a decent size.

maybe its this ?

Hey Who...

Check out my weak ass thread on that picture...ArMap set me straight...

My Weak Thread...

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Here's a handful of closer looks at it for everyone....

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Cool picture. Could this piece of wood have been brought to Mars secretly for a top secret NASA mission? We would never know.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thats absolutley insane, it looks like a railroad tie, or sleeper to us Brits.

Everytime I see something like this, I keep feeling someone is going to find this Probe out in the AZ desert somewhere, either that or the fella in my Avatar left it there when he found Beagle 2, he had to give his kid something for his Birthday afterall.

Why do these lies continue?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
First of all it definitely isn't wood. It's just an eroded rock and there are many more on the picture, only not so obvious (many are up and right on the edge of the crater). Secondly, if it was wood, it would have to be sliced by intelligent life, since it has so sharp edges. The bright thing behind the "wood" is definitely the lander and it's heat shield.

Someone also mentioned it was photoshoped. Do you really think NASA would fake a "wood" in the picture and show it on it's official site?? And if it was wood, would NASA just keep it on the site??
Think about it.....

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It is a remnant from Noah's Ark discovered on Mars.
I'm sure I read about it in the Weekly World News right next to the story of Bat Boy suing Batman in paternity suit.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Clearly one of the very visible chunks of the rock layer upended somehow. Beyond that any claim made would be a pure guess. You would have to be blind not to notice the plates of rocks from that layer covering the ground. To call that wood you would have to pretend those rock plates were not there or visible. Shame so many like to pretend things like that.

Mars Anomaly Research dot com is an embarrassment to those of us serious about this.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sovietman
And if it was wood, would NASA just keep it on the site??
Think about it.....

What would NASA do? Ask them. Ask them what they would do if they could neither confirm nor deny what that object actually is. If you get an answer it might go something like this..."We have no official finding or opinion about object #whatevernumber, in photograph #whatevernumber and we have no other official statement about it at this time. And this would be the official statement until the cows came home. Nasa isn't about to pull a public photo from the internet because some one thinks something looks like a piece of wood, or a tree, ape, cow, Darth Vader riding a walrus, etc. They just won't comment on it other than to refer to an object and photo number.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sovietman
First of all it definitely isn't wood. It's just an eroded rock and there are many more on the picture, only not so obvious (many are up and right on the edge of the crater). Secondly, if it was wood, it would have to be sliced by intelligent life, since it has so sharp edges. The bright thing behind the "wood" is definitely the lander and it's heat shield.

Someone also mentioned it was photoshoped. Do you really think NASA would fake a "wood" in the picture and show it on it's official site?? And if it was wood, would NASA just keep it on the site??
Think about it.....

Thank you, I agree with you in your first paragraph. I was hoping someone would post it because I am crap at describing how I see some things like this, often causing more confusion than anything.

But you can also see that the 'wood' appears to be covered in the soil slightly on the left back, which - if you look at it closly - gives the impression that the size is not actually sleeper shaped, but could be any size, but that the revealed section is the edge.

The area is made up from broken and eroded sections of rock covered in soil, so my opinion (opinion only mind, not factual statement
) is that it is just a good illusion given the photography and angle.

Besides, if you build a wooden base on mars, it wooden keep the air in !! *boom boom*

*sorry for bad pun*

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by eaganthorn

You didn't really answer to my statement, so I don't understand why you quoted it. What I was trying to say is, that if it WAS wood and NASA wouldn't want people see it,they wouldn't show such pic on the internet, because it would be to risky. Sorry, but your post was a bit strange, since no one mentioned what their official statement would be like.....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join