It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pic from Mars rover revealing... a beam of wood!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
omg ...................................just in breaking news its Noahs Ark

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Forget a piece of wood. It looks like a space base is up their.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
I bet the nasa has investigated the object, found out, it was your usual rock, but they refrained commmenting on it for the mere thought that they checkked out something that looks like wood, that would have gave them an unscientific name in the public...

LOL Oh really? You think NASA worries about "unscientific names" How about the "Blue Berries" Just check the Rover press releases of strange objects, you will find many pet names picked by NASA scientists...

Originally posted by Asia Minor
Forget a piece of wood. It looks like a space base is up their.

Ah you noticed that did you?

But maybe the wood came from these trees?

Here is similar Trees on Earth..

I would like to see you pass THOSE off as Rocks HA!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Is it me or does this resemble a railroad tie?

AlBeMeT

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet

Nope its not you...

While it may be a rock, it really does look out of place in that field of sedimentary rock, which by the way is also the area of the "Blue Berries" (you can see the little round spheres in the image...)

But perhaps while looking at the "tree" we are missing the "forest" Someone noticed that it was a city LOL, I prefer "Fortress" but hey its probably "just rock" as our good source NASA says...

But if you look at this closely... Perhaps the "Beam" is left over from building the "Fortress" that is on the opposite rim? From this distant view you can make out a level field with what appear to be numerous buildings or structures of some kind...

And along the ridge to the right is another similar area, with some really interesting looking structures...

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheeser
why does every keep thinking it might be photoshopped?

isnt the link nasa offical site??

That's right. We all know NASA doesn't edit any photos, or omit photos, or loose film footage...

Its really the NSA who does that, at Langley

:shk:

Originally posted by sambo5usI think NASA would know a little more about this than us, and if it was anything unusual they would have commented on it.

That NASA knows more about "anomalies" than we do is a given...
That NASA would "show and tell" us, you don't know NASA very well

Originally posted by extrasense
It is really not likely NASA is as stupid as it behaves.
Rater likely is malicious sabotage out there.

Nope NASA is very smart... they have everyone fooled right now... I bet they edit IN some anomalies just to see what happens

NASA has an agenda and its moving along nicely, thank you....

Originally posted by Countermeasures
OMG, they are preparing us for disclosure...

Well yes actually, they are... but it has nothing to do with this rock...

[edit on 14-3-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

dnero6911
nonononononononono, I don't have the link.... but yes there is life ... tiny little unseen life... you need a microscope to see......

Nope....errrrrrrrr...Wrong...Try again

Well then let me have a shot at it ...

Nanobacteria A Problem For Space Travellers, Says NASA

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet

Hey guys I found the place where they are piling those railroad ties...

Uh huh sure thing its "just a rock..."

Now then if anyone is going to tell me that "Its just a rock..."

You will need to qualify that statement with two pieces of information...
A) If all you see is rocks in these anomalies, why do you keep coming back?
B) State your qualifications that allow you to make the judgment that it is a rock

If you cannot answer those two, your opinion won't count for much

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Hey guys I found the place where they are piling those railroad ties...

If thats a stack of railroad ties then it must be very very small. That doesn't look like an aerial photo of the ground it looks like a picture of the ground from ground level. A lot of the other different colored rocks have a steppe-like appearance so maybe it is just a rock with what looks like steppes

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Close up pic of object
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...
Also notice the p[ic to the left of this one in the link. Looks almost like clouds on Mars.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJStomp
Close up pic of object
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...
Also notice the p[ic to the left of this one in the link. Looks almost like clouds on Mars.

I don't think that Nasa has ever denied the fact that Mars does have clouds occassionally, have they? I've seen pictures on NASA's site that were even captioned with the clouds as the subject. They were very light wispy clouds and not very many of them.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
If thats a stack of railroad ties then it must be very very small. That doesn't look like an aerial photo of the ground it looks like a picture of the ground from ground level. A lot of the other different colored rocks have a steppe-like appearance so maybe it is just a rock with what looks like steppes

Yes it is taken from the ground... at a distance... from a hill... the "timbers" are about 6 to 8 feet in length using the image scale on the Rover website...

The rocks in that area are sedimentary rocks with "blueberries: scattered about [hematite nodules-- the area with the hematite is about the size of Oklahoma... thats why the picked that as a landing area...

The "timber pile sticks out like a sore thumb. For someone to state its a rock, you need to explain how a totally different rock than the sourounding terrain just suddenly appears

As to clouds on Mars Sure Lots of clouds Mars does after all have an atmosphere...
Here are clouds and major dust storms [5 o'clock)

And here is the sky at twilight Clouds.. OH and yes a BLUE SKY

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I really do think that they use a Red filter either when taking the pictures or process them afterwards. The link below shows pics of some evidence. Look at the difference in colors of Spirit when taken on earth compared to the ones on mars. On earth it had blues on it but yet when it shows it on mars the blues have turned to red!?!

www.ufovideo.net...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazerLordz
The "wood" looks far too out of place with the surroundings to be part of a exposed weathered layer of rock.Very intriguing..Though it looks photoshopped.

Yes, because NASA photoshops their graphics.

it's probably a really wierd rock. It does look a lot like wood, though.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
ALL images NASA show are censored prior to public release.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by smartie
ALL images NASA show are censored prior to public release.

Quite true... sanitized is the word they use...

Its funny how people always claim NASA airbrushes out anything interesting... but whats to stop them from ADDING a little anomaly to keep us hopping?

The color issue though is a function of available sunlight on Mars. Everyone seems to forget that the Sun is a LOT farther away so its a LOT darker on Mars. NASA does color adjust images to show what they look like in Mars light AND what they would look like under Earth light conditions.. its not really that hard... they have a color chart on the rover... all they have to do is adjust the image until the picture of the color chart on Rover matches the one taken on Earth...

simple really... a no brainer

Oy

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Then how come this page shows 2 pictures of Spirit on mars with different colors on the Sun Dial
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is the panorama view which shows it as red.

Here is Spirit while on Mars and its blue. 2 pictures, one with low sun with with high sun.
"Two views of a sundial called the MarsDial can be seen in this image taken on Mars by the Mars Exploration Rover Spirit's panoramic camera. "

[edit on 22-3-2007 by NJStomp]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Then how come this page shows 2 pictures of Spirit on mars with different colors on the Sun Dial

Not sure I see your point... the two images at high and low sun simple show a different f-stop [lower brightness] to protect the camera at high sun. If you take the image on the right and brighten it in photoshop you will see that.

But hey if you take Johns theory to heart, its all a total ly anyway and none of what we see is the real view...

Unfortunately we have no independent source to verify one way or the other yet At least with the moon we can get an amateur to have a look

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThEeNd
omg ...................................just in breaking news its Noahs Ark

Hate to shatter your theory, but
Noah's ark was a pre Sumerian Spaceship and was not made of wood

They were living on biospheres, hence the impression of a "flat Earth"

The ship looked like this...

Okay Okay I know...

A weak moment... won't happen again

jra

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
NASA does color adjust images to show what they look like in Mars light AND what they would look like under Earth light conditions.

I don't think they adjust the images to Earth light conditions. They usually just have two sets. One of the false colour and one of the approximate true colour. The latter being adjust to what it should look like on Mars.

I really do think that they use a Red filter either when taking the pictures or process them afterwards. The link below shows pics of some evidence. Look at the difference in colors of Spirit when taken on earth compared to the ones on mars. On earth it had blues on it but yet when it shows it on mars the blues have turned to red!?!

They use various far and near infra red filters, red, green, blue and ultra-violet filters. When combining IR and UV images together, it's going to alter the colours a lot, but it helps for scientific purposes by bringing out details one wouldn't see with the naked eye. Here's a list of all the filters they use. www.ominous-valve.com... Also if you want. Try looking up IR and UV photography on the web, you'll find lots of examples, both artistic and scientific, of how they alter colours.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join