It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pic from Mars rover revealing... a beam of wood!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
That is exactly what it looks like to me. A rock that has tilted up so the edge is facing towards the camera.

I think NASA would know a little more about this than us, and if it was anything unusual they would have commented on it.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The object in the back ground is the heatshield, you can also seen a meteroite next to it. both of these were examined in detail a few weeks ago.

The so called "wood" is probly a type of weathered sedimentry rock that was kicked up by a nearby impact

Jumping to conclusion just makes you look silly

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
that's interesting, it does look like a plank of wood, but I am pretty sure we're going to hear it's a rock of some sort.

You have get the NASA deranged routine correctly

e
s

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Actually I just found out through WWE officials that the wood you see is "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan's 2x4 that he left on his last trip to Mars.

Apparantly Mars also has no laws banning foreign objects in the wrestling ring.

apc

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Looks like they wanted to give the rovor's articulation a good test and plowed right over that sucker... boys in the lab were prolly thrilled at the thought of a 6x6 offroad (planet) adventure

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if the rover has ears....I mean, If a tree fell over on mars and there was no one there to hear it....would it...

Oh forget it...

Wupy

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I see the rock that looks like wood. I also see a tiny snail.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
That is very interesting...but I'm pretty sure NASA wouldn't of taken and released that picture without at least having a plan of what they were going to tell people that was.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
OMG, they are preparing us for disclosure...

I would certainly agree that the object stands out, I would certainly agree it looks like a wooden beam in the picture, I would certainly agree if somebody says it could be a tilted rock that looks like a wooden beam

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
is it me or is that a burnt tier tracks next to the back off the wood and is that burnt out surroudings

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sambo5usI think NASA would know a little more about this than us, and if it was anything unusual they would have commented on it.

It is really not likely NASA is as stupid as it behaves.
Rater likely is malicious sabotage out there.

e
s

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
...That is exactly what the ROver missions are doing. Looking at how Mars was formed and trying to see if the earlier conditions were suitable for the development of life. They have already found geological evidence of liquid water on Mars in the past...

and now a piece of petrified wood. Hey, anything's possible.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
I guess you have never seen petrafied wood in person. Thats a Rock in the photo. Nothing special and you can find rocks that look like that all over Earth.

Exactly. So why is it on Mars? Earthquakes, wind, running water and all the other things that have shaped the Earth. And it's on Mars.

The truth is Bigfoot came from Mars before Mars's atmosphere was decimated when Venus entered the solar system. Bigfoot genetics and alien genetics were used to create the human form which was then seeded on earth.

Sure I can prove it. I need a few trillion dollars, unrestricted access to NASA and a team of scientists from several different fields. Once that is secured I'll be able to better guage what else I'll need.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSourceSure I can prove it. I need a few trillion dollars, unrestricted access to NASA and a team of scientists from several different fields. Once that is secured I'll be able to better guage what else I'll need.

I am on on this project.
This is the correct scientific approach that we badly need.
Hooray!

es

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I bet the nasa has investigated the object, found out, it was your usual rock, but they refrained commmenting on it for the mere thought that they checkked out something that looks like wood, that would have gave them an unscientific name in the public...

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
I bet the nasa has investigated the object

NASA is a bunch of imbeciles, do not count on them doing anything sensible.

e
s

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by extrasense

Originally posted by Countermeasures
I bet the nasa has investigated the object

NASA is a bunch of imbeciles, do not count on them doing anything sensible.

e
s

That's really funny coming from you extrasense. I wondered where you had gone off to after your pictures of snakes, hipos and sheep on mars were debunked.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Im at work and dont have time to read all the responses, so I appologize if this has been stated:

It CLEARLY is one of the many flat rocks all around, just turned on its edge. You can see the "layers" plain as day.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan. I wondered where you had gone off to after your pictures of snakes, hipos and sheep on mars were debunked.
Someone closed the thread, thats all.

e
s

apc

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
extraNONsense: What are those red thingies by your name?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join