It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Israel protesters rally across France, defying ban imposed after synagogue clash

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: bjarneorn
a reply to: Swills

The crime is allowing these "arabs" into Europe ... it's like creating a scene for a new holocust to occur.

The crime is allowing bigoted "people" like you to spew out your hate.

For the record it isn't just "arabs", as you put it, protesting this is people from all races and religions protesting Israel's actions worldwide.

No it's Arabs. And last week they firebombed a synagogue and attacked another one. I just posted numerous Muslim riots in France.

you do realize arabs are not just muslims,they have many religions including christian

If you can source many French Arabs are not Muslim I will read it.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Did you even read the OP? it mentions many countries.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

The crime is allowing these "arabs" into Europe ... it's like creating a scene for a new holocust to occur.

For the record it isn't just "arabs", as you put it, protesting this is people from all races and religions protesting Israel's actions worldwide.

No it's Arabs. And last week they firebombed a synagogue and attacked another one. I just posted numerous Muslim riots in France.

Did you miss the word I clearly put in bold? There was protests in France, Germany,Argentina, Spain, US,Belgium,Ireland,Australia to name a few.

That's nice, OP is about France. Make a post about other countries if you like.

First off you replied to me on behalf of another poster and secondly from the OP

I hear things in Turkey are heating up over this conflict. Violent Protests Against Israel in London, Paris, Chile, Belgium

I think that esp you where claiming to have is interfering with your reading comprehension, you'd want to get that checked out.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Did you even read the OP? it mentions many countries.

Yes as a side note. OP says "France". If you think a thread can remain coherent with everyone talking about different countries then I disagree. Each country is a unique situation and unique conversation on their own.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Did you miss the word I clearly put in bold? There was protests in France, Germany,Argentina, Spain, US,Belgium,Ireland,Australia to name a few.

First off you replied to me on behalf of another poster and secondly from the OP

I hear things in Turkey are heating up over this conflict. Violent Protests Against Israel in London, Paris, Chile, Belgium

I think that esp you where claiming to have is interfering with your reading comprehension, you'd want to get that checked out.

Oh I'm sorry, am I not allowed to post because you replied to someone else? Did you not "reply to him on behalf of another poster" first? Hilarious you complain about me doing EXACTLY what you did.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Oh I'm sorry, am I not allowed to post because you replied to someone else? Did you not "reply to him on behalf of another poster" first? Hilarious you complain about me doing EXACTLY what you did.

Yeah I know it's a riot

If you are done with your mini modding, telling people what they can and cannot talk about from the OP, can we get on with the thread? Only of course if it is ok with you....

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Don't you think we can talk about all the countries which are demonstrating against what is happening? or do we need a new thread for each one?.
Sorry but I think people are intelligent to talk about the actual topic on why they are demonstrating not just why the french are doing it.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Don't you think we can talk about all the countries which are demonstrating against what is happening? or do we need a new thread for each one?.
Sorry but I think people are intelligent to talk about the actual topic on why they are demonstrating not just why the french are doing it.

I focused on France partly because of the title used here, and partly because it is the country I am more familiar with on this topic. I try to avoid making too much comments on things I know little about.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Not having a go dude

Seeing you put other countries in the OP maybe people whom have seen the demonstrations in other places can comment so we get a wider view of what the world thinks and not just France.
S&F btw.
Oh and like I asked before any demonstrations in the US?.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Do you want an in depth discussion or simply a cursory Jews vs. Arabs. Do you think every country is the same and there are no unique circumstances? It has nothing to do with intelligence, that's your red herring, it has to do with the fact that every country requires it's own discussion as the circumstances behind them all are different.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

You really want a new thread with every country?
I can see the mods just closing them down and asking just to add to this one.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Not having a go dude

Seeing you put other countries in the OP maybe people whom have seen the demonstrations in other places can comment so we get a wider view of what the world thinks and not just France.
S&F btw.

Yeah there was outside the Whitehouse, people lay on the ground covered in fake blood to symbolize the deaths of the Palestinians.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Not many protesters in France look French.

Dont seem like a peaceful bunch either.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Why dont they protest against Hamas also?

They stop people evacuating gaza, store weapons in schools and residential areas. Yet no one protesting that????

Here you all are picking sides falling for the media bull. Adding to the already out of control situation. The only way to stop this is if we ALL admit BOTH sides are wrong and both sides MUST STOP.

shame!
edit on 20-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Although I am not fan of violence I guess they did a fine job but showing their anger in this way. Let’s face it, most of the westerners has forgotten about the ugly and reality faces of the violence, just nodding and calmly sympathizing with the victims won’t help anymore.

Palestinians experiencing the violence and humiliations by the Israeli terrorists on everyday basis for more than 60 years, what these demonstrators presenting to these bigot nations is just a tiny fragments of what people of this 139 sq. miles experiencing right now.

Violence is bad in our soils but it’s good on the others..? Especially when our bigoted/sold-out group of politician supporting these Israeli dogs so dearly..?

edit on 20-7-2014 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

You do realize that the holocaust wasn’t caused by the Jewish people though, right? Just asking since your logic is implying just that…

a reply to: : OccamsRazor04

Those are not "french", they are Muslims living in France.

Are you seriously indicating that Muslims can’t be French? How does having a certain religion stop you from being French?? I don’t remember nationality depending on religion? You don’t need sources for Arabs not being Muslim, all you need to do is accept the fact that nowadays the French people consist of Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, Buddhist and all other sorts of religious and non-religious people…

Back to topic: I really like the idea of peaceful protest, BUT imo too many people are using these protests to communicate how little Jewish lives mean to them. And the problem I have with that is this: if on “the other side”, someone thinking that way would commit the exact same crimes we are accusing Israel of right now. I just don’t understand how so many people repeat doing the same mistakes over and over again?! I hate how many innocent human beings are either losing their lives or only get to live unimaginably miserable ones in Gaza, but that does not give me the right to consider all Jews the personification of all the world’s evil now. At least that is the situation I am picking up on the social media in good old Germany

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

You really want a new thread with every country?
I can see the mods just closing them down and asking just to add to this one.

It has nothing to do with what I want. It's the simple fact that if you want a true in depth discussion it's impossible to keep a thread coherent with 10 different discussions that have really no relation to each other.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
you do realize arabs are not just muslims,they have many religions including christian

Exactly why the word "arabs" is applied in these countries- because religion alone is not the sole problem.

In countries such as France (as well as other close European countries) the conflicts arise from the arab speaking immigrants from North Africa.

Much of the worst conflicts come from the second generation immigrants- as can be seen in the other articles linked, it is mostly the adolescent and young adult population, who have identity conflicts because of their parents and grandparents choice to not adapt or integrate their new country and culture.
This results in some real difficulties for them, which give rise to frustration, hostility, aggressivity, which (naturally) looks for modes of expression in whatever ways they can find it.

One of them is religion- the extremist Muslim movements actively seek out to exploit this discontent and hostility, for their own means. So you get some of the young people become extremist Muslims (more so than their parents ever were) and even the ones that don't choose that venue will choose other ones at the drop of a hat.

The various conflicts in other parts of the world often provide excuses for violence, even if they do not really have much or any understanding of what is actually going on.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Not having a go dude

S&F btw.

I am a "dudette", and do not know what you mean by "haing a go". I simply explain that I, for one only chose to comment upon the part of the topic that I know something about. Speaking out opinions on subjects one is ignorant of is often a bad idea. I will not take any responsibility for the choices of others here- perhaps they are more aware of the situation in France than in the other countries mentioned, I don't know.

But perhaps one idea to pull from this in the future is- don't include a specific country in your title if you do not wish that the topic be that country. I clicked on this thread because of the title. Just a suggestion, of course, do as you like!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: StillHoping
Are you seriously indicating that Muslims can’t be French? How does having a certain religion stop you from being French??

They are ethnic arabs, they are not ethnically French, I am sorry you are unable to understand that.

I don’t remember nationality depending on religion? You don’t need sources for Arabs not being Muslim, all you need to do is accept the fact that nowadays the French people consist of Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, Buddhist and all other sorts of religious and non-religious people…

Nationality and ethnicity are not the same. My nationality is American, my ethnicity is not.

Back to topic: I really like the idea of peaceful protest, BUT imo too many people are using these protests to communicate how little Jewish lives mean to them. And the problem I have with that is this: if on “the other side”, someone thinking that way would commit the exact same crimes we are accusing Israel of right now. I just don’t understand how so many people repeat doing the same mistakes over and over again?! I hate how many innocent human beings are either losing their lives or only get to live unimaginably miserable ones in Gaza, but that does not give me the right to consider all Jews the personification of all the world’s evil now. At least that is the situation I am picking up on the social media in good old Germany

French Arabs have violent protests on a fairly regular basis, which was the point of my post. It does not take much to set them off. And to your earlier response about them being French ...

But there was another slogan, chanted in colloquial Arabic, which seemed to hit hardest of all: "Na'al abouk la France!" ("# France!"). This slogan – it is in fact more of a curse – has nothing to do with any French tradition of revolt.

www.theguardian.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join