It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reliable Sources?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I would like to know what sources are generally reliable for reporting off-the-wall news. I know, it sounds crazy in and of itself, but I engage in several discussions based on Internet info (like most) and run into too many people who post links to sites that are more than questionable. I don't mind sites that question things, but I do mind sites that have agendas or are inflammatory for the sake of sensationalism, or some other insane idea. As an example, I'm often berated by:

www.infowars.com
www.redflagnews.com
reclaimourrepublic.wordpress.com
counterinformation.wordpress.com
whatreallyhappened.com
etc.....

I can filter through the BS based on my own research, but I always remain open to new ideas - if they have SOME sense of credibility. I refuse to wear a tin foil hat!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

Generally the story will be sourced to an article that has "boots on the ground" so to speak. Whenever some source just says something off the wall I ignore it. In the cases of Infowars or Whatreallyhappened I always checkout the original source and determine from there.

This is not to say sites like Infowars don't actually send people in to the heart of the story. I know many stories like this that are their only source but still IMO valid. If someone actually goes in after a story I'll listen to what they say.

Haven't heard of your other sources.

edit on 262am4949am122014 by Bassago because: geez typos

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Good copy. I generally apply critical thinking to any source, and try to clear the mud.

As for those links - I don't know them either. I just pasted a bunch as an example of the potential disinformation that's out there...maybe someone will relate.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
One source I've seen many others use, never had a complaint that I saw, was Natural News

But when I used it, I got slammed for it and am now leery of using it again
All they said was it wasn't legit & couldn't trust it--don't know why

Any ideas on that one???

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

good luck

it's strange..
because most of those sites you listed & any other suspect source usually contains little kernels of truth
(that's the whole problem i suppose, hehe)
but having said that.. it kinda answers its own question
as we wade through all this stuff
we start to build a foundation
sometimes the foundation has to be remade
(that ought to be the big white elephant just here i reckon)
we all go around with our little foundations..
..even though we probably all agree by now the system is out to # us, we've all got these crazy little hair-brained notions of exactly how this is all meant to play out..

"it's the leprechauns, bro!" /nods head a little too enthusiastically

edit on 20-7-2014 by UNIT76 because: i collect tinfoil hats & straightjackets

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
For off the wall reporting

www.bibliotecapleyades.net... has a good archive of out there stuff with weekly updates.

www.whale.to... is another interesting archive.

www.globalresearch.ca... and www.zerohedge.com... have also been good in reporting.

new topics

top topics

join