It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Cop Rescues Drunken suicidal man Running On Highway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have a real sour taste in my mouth towards leos right now but when one goes above and beyond the call of duty to save a mans life he deserves the accolades as much as the bad ones deserve to be ridiculed.

That is a 340 pound man he is dragging across the highway.

Maybe public opinion on the police would change if more videos like this went viral, sadly I just don't think it happens enough.
edit on 19-7-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I mean good on the cop but he didn't really go " above and beyond" he just did what he has to do.
He just wanted him back in the car, that is all he is saying at first.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Had it been an AA person they would have encouraged the man to go ahead and kill himself try and hit a good bottom.

Humans are fascinating creatures.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This is just the way it is nowadays.... cops got people running scared .... now the poor drunk will be tortured in the judicial system!

edit on 19-7-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I mean good on the cop but he didn't really go " above and beyond" he just did what he has to do.
He just wanted him back in the car, that is all he is saying at first.

lol saves on the paperwork, to drag him off the hwy.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Ya i bet he would have more on his hands if the guy died.
Seems like it was a traffic stop, so not sure the cop really knew that he was saving this mans live or if he thought the guy was just running from him.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Pretty sure the cop took the guy down out of frame, (he didn't lie down) and then drug him off the highway. Just saying lol nonetheless looks like this cop handled the situation well and did what he could.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Ya i bet he would have more on his hands if the guy died.
Seems like it was a traffic stop, so not sure the cop really knew that he was saving this mans live or if he thought the guy was just running from him.

Depending how you look at the police it could be one in the same. These days outrunning the cops could be saving your life. They seem to shoot, taser, and beat before asking any questions, sometimes all 3 at once. I also think its a no win for most police departments. You deal with the dregs of society every day, it has to take an effect.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
That is a 340 pound man he is dragging across the highway.

How does slamming a 340 pound man's head onto concrete equate to "saving his life"?

Or does that equate to "taking control of the situation" and arresting?

Why are we praising him for doing his job again?

edit on 20-7-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

in the video you can see the cop pulling the man down to the floor , if he was tazered first it does not show it .

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You talk as if the cop did a good thing by 'saving his life'. If the guy wanted his life ended then i'm sure he would not agree with your opinions. The cop prolonged the guys suffering. However. i'm not sure i can condone someone killing themselves in this manner because he could well be inflicting suffering on whomever the unlucky driver is that hits and kills him. THAT'S the selfish part !
edit on 20-7-2014 by sayzaar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join