It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"ATS", "DAHBOO77" and "The Washington Post" ... ( or Alternative-News VS. MSM )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Conspiracy theories have always followed in the shadows of major tragedies, but the web seems to make all that detective work so much easier. You have forums like Reddit’s /r/conspiracy. Unabashedly unhinged “news” sites, like Infowars and Before Its News. And Friday morning, less than 24 hours after MH17 went down in Eastern Ukraine, all of them were frothing with alternative explanations for the crash.

5. The plane was not shot down at all.

In a variation of the World War III theory, popular YouTube conspiracy vlogger DAHBOO77 — who specializes in speculative “bombshells!”

7. MH17 is actually MH 370.

After all, they’re both Boeing 777s — and the plane that disappeared in March still hasn’t been found! “Yes the plane was boarded in Amsterdam,” reads one post on the forum ABOVE TOP SECRET. “This does not prove the case that it must be the MH17. It could be the MH370 rigged with explosives.” According to that particular strain of the MH370 theory, the disappeared plane was planted to start World War III.

Comprehensive Guide to MH17 Conspiracy Theories

AND

Who Is ... DAHBOO77 ???

-
FINAL-OPINIONS:

Everyone has ... "The 'Right' to 'Express Opinions'".

( and "Alternative-News"? ... has some folks [seriously?] worried. )

edit on 19-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Anyone who entertains alternate scenarios that contradict official statements is obviously crazy.

This DAHBOO7 guy sounds like your run of the mill "critical thinkers", people who think they have an inalienable right to pose their opinions via public venues.

It's just flat out ridiculous to even assume that the main stream media aren't actually journalists, but actually actors hired to regurgitate mantras provided by corporate analysts.

War is Peace.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
LOL i couldn't help it:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Thanks for that video, for some reason I now crave Coca Cola and a Whopper from Burger King.
First I'll need to shop at Amazon to take advantage of their all new best low prices.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap
yeah i know, i know but it was funny

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
You know, i don't blame the MSM for taking aim at conspiracy theorists when the face of them are people like Dahboo and Alex Jones, who strive to uncover a conspiracy in every story because their very livelihood and income depend on it. These people aren't presenting the truth. They are forming baseless conclusions out of their own opinions, before presenting it to the masses in the hopes of acquiring the next paycheck.

Dahboo77's Youtube channel makes roughly $206,000 a year.

socialblade.com...

Alex Jones' net worth is $8 Million

www.celebritynetworth.com...

You can't tell me that they are in the alternative field solely because they want to bring truth to the people. They are in it to make money. When one considers the aforementioned, it becomes obvious that one should no longer trust their opinions and conclusions, as there is a conflict of interest. They will form wild and consumable conclusions in order to attract a larger audience and thus, earn more money. Here is just one example from Dahboo's Youtube channel:

I'm not saying that everything in the alternative community is bad. Just that people shouldn't believe everything they see. The same can be said for the Mainstream Media. Take both fields with a grain of salt, and form your own conclusion only after consuming reliable news and conducting your own research.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

The point is not whether DAHBOO is a shining example of the "conspiracy theorist" world, rather
it's about how outrageously hypocritical media outlets are. In fact, they are so desperate, they are now smearing youtube channels.

On top of it, they are giving him as well as Jones free advertisement by even mentioning them. Quite the conundrum!

I don't see this thread as a "they are wrong, so clearly they are right" argument, but I absolutely will defend someone's right to their opinion. DAHBOO7 is popular in the youtube world, he may be making a great living off of his field. You're probably even right about him intentionally propping up controversial theories for views- but it doesn't hold a candle to the main stream media and the crap they've been passing for "news".

Ratings baby, ratings.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
And here's his sensational response to the recent media attention:

"Apparently I've ticked a few people off, and opinions are coming out that I might get killed."

From being bashed on a news site by some amateur twitter junkie who works for Washington Post, to death threats? Not likely.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap

Oh i do agree.

I'm just saying that Alex Jones and Dahboo seem to be near the forefront of popular conspiracy theorists, and as such, it is natural that anyone would point to them for examples of conspiracy theories. It also means that such conspiracy theorists are having to increasingly upload theories to keep up with demand of their followers.

That said, i agree that everyone has a right to express their own opinion.

Overall, I take the position that the crap the MSM presents is no better than some of the conspiracy theories going. I think they are all damaging in one way or another, but the MSM obviously has a larger impact (considering its size). I see a lot of blind people in the alternative world, as i do in the Mainstream world. Many people don't want to believe it, but it's true. Alternative news is not going to fix the conundrum, and neither is the MSM.

There needs to be an outlet which disregards speculation and trivial stories. There needs to be an outlet which doesn't jump on random conspiracies and hastily draws far-reaching conclusions. In my opinion, there needs to be an outlet which focuses entirely on the facts. Report the facts, and the facts only. Let the people decide what to make of the news.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

100% right!

If there was a person/organization which spent as much time and effort as AJ/DAHBOO77 attempting to actually enlighten it's viewers rather than sow the seeds of fear and confusion.. Well, ATS would definitely be out of business

The main issue is the dogmatic energy these groups are all guilty of. It's no different than an ex-roman catholic switching to scientology. When a person frees themselves of one dogma, they become naked and vulnerable for never had they been taught to use critical thought processes... To entertain an idea without adopting it as truth. So usually this type of person will merely fall to another extremist viewpoint.

Scenario: Family watches Fox News religiously (see what I did there), the child grows up to find Fox News was nothing more than lies. And who is this? Alex Jones is here to fill in that gap. It's like the child's subconscious actually desires to be apart of distorted reality, having little appetite for the truth.

This is of course why I'm still on ATS, because it is a melting pot of ideas; some ludicrous and some very useful for those of us patiently trying to piece this jigsaw puzzle together.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Dahboo77 was hacked heres the story:

and the twitter link's to info of the hackers:
twitter.com...
twitter.com...

I admire guys like him. Is doing a good work, is bringing the truth to table, the attacks prove it. Congratulations to him.
If you guys can help him whit this, please do.
Contribute for truth.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

And...? Apparently this guy has a following on YouTube. I've never heard of him before but it looks like he has a respectable 100k subs. Once you become a YouTube personality you should expect hacking attempts and death threats regardless of your content. I guarantee you that most if not all of the major content contributors on YouTube have been hacked at least once. I guarantee you that the really big names like PewDiePie and TotalBiscuit have to put up with hacking attempts on a weekly basis at least. You don't see them making videos about it though. Why? Because they don't stand to gain subs and make money off of it. Dahboo knows that because of his demographic and the people that would be drawn to his channel this will, for whatever reason, give his videos more credibility. This will in turn increase his views and his subs making him more money. The way you become big on YouTube is by being an entertainer first and foremost. You identify your demographic and you pander to them. In this case Dahboo is doing so by making a big deal out of something which is, sadly, common for others of his stature.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

and...?
You got a lot of words to criticize this guy work (for someone who doesn't know him, of course). I don't agree with you.
I felt some envy on your speech.

top topics

join