It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla Motors opens supercharging station on B.C.'s Sea-to-Sky Highway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Tesla Motors opens supercharging station on B.C.'s Sea-to-Sky Highway

Tesla Motors is opening its first Canadian Supercharger station today in Squamish, along B.C.'s Sea-to-Sky Highway linking Whistler to Vancouver.

The California-based maker of the Model S electric car said the charging station is just the first of several it plans to open soon in B.C.

Superchargers, which are designed to enable highway travel between cities, take 20 to 30 minutes for half a recharge of the Model S.

In a statement, Telsa Motors said the Squamish station is "an integral component of Tesla’s West Coast route, allowing Model S owners to travel between San Diego, California and Whistler, B.C., for free."

Tesla Motors said the Model S has an EPA-certified range of 425 kilometres.

The closest charging station is in Seattle, Wash., which allowed for supercharged-travel to and from Vancouver but not far beyond — until today.

Here's a link the short video that goes with the news story Tesla Morters supercharging station

Right on B.C for getting the supercharging station and I'm glad to see that there will be more to come. Now let's start getting more Tesla products in use, like the Tesla Towers.

((Sorry I don't have more to say))

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

What would we use tesla towers for?

They were redundant 100 years ago..

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

What would we use tesla towers for?

They were redundant 100 years ago..

Sorry I was referring to the device that created a free abundant amount of electricity by pulling electricity out of the air. Wardenclyffe (Tesla towers) was rumored to be that, not just a radio transmission tower

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Perhaps Tesla should have promoted it to do that instead of radio transmission, then.

On topic..I assume the energy source for this charging station is hydroelectric?

Would be rather pointless if an electric car is recharged using coal powered energy..

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

Perhaps Tesla should have promoted it to do that instead of radio transmission, then.

On topic..I assume the energy source for this charging station is hydroelectric?

Would be rather pointless if an electric car is recharged using coal powered energy..

Back before Tesla died that is how the tower was promoted but since his death most of his inventions, discoveries & research disappeared. The ones that were known about had their purpose changed, like the tower.

As for the energy source, here is what Tesla Motors says: SuperCharger-Tesla Motors

Tesla Superchargers represent the most advanced charging technology in the world, capable of charging Model S 16x faster than most public charging stations. We will soon roll out 120 kW Superchargers, which are 33% faster than our current version and can replenish half a charge in as little as 20 minutes, for free. It works by delivering DC power directly to the battery using special cables that bypass onboard charging equipment.

Select stations utilize canopies covered with solar panels to offset energy use and provide shade. Over the next few years, we plan to cover more stations in sunny locales with solar canopies as part of our commitment to the environment.

I'm not sure why I had to look that up for you instead of you doing it but meh whatever, now you know.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hmmm
I'd like to know more, like what is it really for.

Being the CEO works with NASA , working on a Mars Colony etc
edit on 20-7-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This will cost tax payers and the sea to sky highway was upgraded by the multinationals. ken day I believe) Hugely overbid.

Yeah we should pay for snobs who can afford to go to whistler. Sorry if I'm not excited about this
edit on 19-7-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
there's a new Tesla building down the hill from where i live.

I'm gunna go over there and check it out a bit more.

I'm in Squamish.

Yes our electricity comes from Hydro

www.bchydro.com...

edit on 20-7-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Man. When then investment risk is this high, and they go ahead and do something like this, my hat is off and I'm nealing down. These guys believe. They are going to be the reason why electric cars will make it. Who the hell else is willing to dump so much money into something like this. They either know something nobody else knows, or they are smart as feck.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
there's a new Tesla building down the hill from where i live.

I'm gunna go over there and check it out a bit more.

I'm in Squamish.

Yes our electricity comes from Hydro

www.bchydro.com...

The Squamish building you are talking about looks to be a Supercharger station (from what the Tesla Motors website says about the locations of the superchargers.) Or there is a building plus the supercharger station.

top topics

join