It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred Of America Is Greater Than Love Of Freedom For Some On The Left

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Lie? K. Clinton had the absolute best economy and no debt. He was the best president this country has ever seen.

Well isnt this a crock?

Unfortunately, like so much of the Clinton-Gore legacy, it just ain't so. Ronald Reagan presided over what was at the time the longest continuous peacetime economic expansion, during which GDP increased by the size of West Germany, real per capita incomes grew by one-fifth, the rate of manufacturing productivity growth tripled, exports doubled, unemployment and inflation were halved, and Americans enjoyed 21 million net new jobs and 4.5 million new businesses. The record Clinton and Gore today vilify sounds very much like the one they are trying to run on, except Reagan's numbers are all the more impressive because of the Carter malaise he had to build on and the smaller national population.

Indeed, between 1983 and 1989 the economy grew by 4 percent annually. It grew by 2.6 percent annually during most of Clinton's term. In order for this period of growth to be the longest economic expansion in history, Clinton and Gore must concede that it began 21 months before they took office, under the presidency of George Herbert Walker Bush. Otherwise, Reagan's record for the longest peacetime expansion still stands.

Moreover, the transformation in our economy that has brought us our present prosperity began under Reagan and can be traced to his policies of tax-rate reduction, deregulation, trade liberalization and sound money. Interest rates, inflation, unemployment and poverty have all trended downward since 1982. Since the dawn of Reaganomics, the economy has been in recession a mere 3 percent of the time, compared to the historic trend of one-third.

Clinton and Gore may wish to claim credit for turning the deficits into surpluses. But prior to the Republicans taking control of Congress, Clinton never proposed to do anything more than reduce the deficit. He never argued for a balanced budget. His own budget office and Democratic prognosticators at the CBO both were projecting deficits in excess of $200 billion far into the foreseeable future. In 1995, GOP congressional leaders had to push Clinton to submit five budgets before he would agree to a balanced-budget plan and he actually vetoed two balanced budgets.

hmmmmmm

Run on the real record

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Reagan piled up $2.65 trillion in debt .

Thanks alot!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
But as a % of the economy what did that debt do? You must have perspective in these matters also....

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Ok Ed,

He defeated the Commies. I'll give you that.

Where is the 600 ship navy today though? You know that's where the money went.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Ok Ed,

He defeated the Commies. I'll give you that.

Where is the 600 ship navy today though? You know that's where the money went.

well he never got that and the military took a big loss in the 90's, and no that is not where the money went, the war we are fighting today is being fought with equipment purchased in 1980's

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I hope that's not true. I know what kind of abuse that equipment goes through on a weekly, monthly, yearly basis. I would be surprised if any equipment in weekly use in the field lasted till now.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I have heard Representative to Congress say the first $4.5 trillion of debt would equal the build-up of arms during the Cold War.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28

Originally posted by Snowman9

A lot of it has to do with the US being number 1 and using its power for the good of the US citizen. Every country in history has done this, and if it was not us, it would be someone else.

Isn't it time in this globalised world to put Humanity before Country.

I agree, maybe one day we can. Trying that now, that is living in a fantasy world. If the US fell off today, China or Eourpe would rise up and start bulling and pushing us around. Its not fair, and it suck that humans are so greedy, but thats the way it is.
Reality Sucks, but you have to deal with it.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
I hope that's not true. I know what kind of abuse that equipment goes through on a weekly, monthly, yearly basis. I would be surprised if any equipment in weekly use in the field lasted till now.

Then you would be wrong, lots of things purchased in the 80's are still around. 60's and 70's for that matter also...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You might want to reduce the "some" to "small minority", No one I know on the left hates america.....except oops but he doesnt really count...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
You might want to reduce the "some" to "small minority", No one I know on the left hates america.....except oops but he doesnt really count...

I would agree that not all hate America, but those that do nothing but berate their country have a funny way of showing it. The elitist attitude that most have can sometimes cloud their judgment.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I would agree that not all hate America, but those that do nothing but berate their country have a funny way of showing it. The elitist attitude that most have can sometimes cloud their judgment.

The same can be said about the right and thier anti-UN/EU/europe/etc arguements...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

The same can be said about the right and thier anti-UN/EU/europe/etc arguements...

I agree.....but in this case I feel I am not clouded....as someone said before, there is no gray here, its just black and white.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I agree.....but in this case I feel I am not clouded....as someone said before, there is no gray here,its just black and white.

Your admitted polarization of political dogma is the root of your intolerance.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KidfingerYour admitted polarization of political dogma is the root of your intolerance.

Gee thank you!

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Ed,

Does it even bother you that the whole American population got played like a fiddle this last 'election'? You seem to be just fine with letting the divide exist. Hell Ed, you even attempt to enforce the divide here on ATS. I am starting to think that this is all you really wish to accomplish here on ATS. I have seen your attempts at this first hand and I recognise them for what they are. Polarization of political ideology. Seperate and not equal Dogma. Divied and conqure of America seems to be what you are supporting. If you are truly patriotic and love America, the COUNTRY, then you would quite supporting this polarization of citizenry and accept that we have ALL been duped. Untill then Ed, there is little else I have to say to you.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Ed,

Does it even bother you that the whole American population got played like a fiddle this last 'election'? You seem to be just fine with letting the divide exist. Hell Ed, you even attempt to enforce the divide here on ATS. I am starting to think that this is all you really wish to accomplish here on ATS. I have seen your attempts at this first hand and I recognise them for what they are. Polarization of political ideology. Seperate and not equal Dogma. Divied and conqure of America seems to be what you are supporting. If you are truly patriotic and love America, the COUNTRY, then you would quite supporting this polarization of citizenry and accept that we have ALL been duped. Untill then Ed, there is little else I have to say to you.

Not at all, let me see if I can explain why I do what I do. First I have always loved debate and have been pretty good at it over the years.

I also know that the average Joe, doesn't follow the news and the world around him. He/She has no idea of the stakes of what is up nor the desire to learn. These are the 'ignorant' and I mean the true sense of the word.

Now the Left had many talking about the last election as a referendum on the Iraq war, which in a way it was. The average Joe thinks that since no WMD were found that there were not any. We all no matter the side know that there very well could have been some that were taken out before the US came in, The Iraqi's had the time and the reason.

Anyhow, the Average Joe hears from the mainstream media that there never was any and the his President lied and went to have Americans killed just to get his oil buddies some money.

This is were I draw the line , I speak out and tell at least what I believe to be the truth as I see it. I truly have seen these people, union voter who were to vote for Kerry right as their Union tells them to do, and they even pay them to tell them how to vote. Ironic isn't it?

These same people had no idea what a 180 form was, they didn't care because neither media told them Bush dodged the war by going to the Air National Guard. So they didn't even want to her the other side. A perfect example of this mentality is the Dan Rather Gate issue. Plain as day they got caught. If it was Rowe's doing it was brilliant!

I came into ATS actually looking for military information and found also some stuff on the Nephilim. I though what a place! Then I noticed the EXTREME left wing bias and I thought it needed balance. In the 6 months I have been actively posting, I have become hated and despised.

To me, it must mean that I am doing the right thing, because they only way I could be hated so bad is if I was telling people what they don't want to hear.

There are very few conservative posters here, they are here but they lay in the background not wanting to offend...........

Well I have always been willing to speak out...............

[edit on 19-3-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I agree.....but in this case I feel I am not clouded....as someone said before, there is no gray here, its just black and white.

There is never just black or white....never

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

There is never just black or white....never

Oh I beg to differ,

there are many times that the choice is either black or white.

Sure you must be aware of the big picture but the decisions always comes down to the right or wrong answer.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Oh I beg to differ,

Beg all youwish....it changes nothing..

there are many times that the choice is either black or white.

In ones perspective yes...in actuality, no..

Sure you must be aware of the big picture but the decisions always comes down to the right or wrong answer.

There is no "right" or "wrong"in the world...only what you believe is the best course of action....meaning the lesser of the two evils...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join