It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Examples of What Liberalism REALLY Is

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Methinks you are confusing Paulistinian libertarians with libertarians.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Most of those are silly, inaccurate soundbytes. Let's try this one:

Conservatism is killing, torturing and bankrupting millions of people and then claiming it's fine because your imaginary god said you could.

religious lunacy isn't limited strictly to those identifying as "conservative"...

this is why labels don't work....this is why the clubs are a joke...

strictly academically speaking, "liberal" and "conservative" mean the polar opposite of what they're said to mean in the political sense...

all of the labels (liberal, conservative, republican, democrat, etc) and clubs (religious groups, PACs, political parties, etc) are stupid, and completely useless, outside of their ability to divide and distract the people from the real machinations behind the scenes...due to decades of chicanery, and indoctrination, most people are far too superficial, and are incapable of seeing what lies just beneath the surface of things, let alone the bigger picture...

i do not know that this condition is reversible, and i fear it will only get worse, until there is either some sort of nationwide war in america, or the nations of the world nuke each other into oblivion, and consign the entirety of the human race to the last label a species ever has: "extinct"

why in the hell can't we just drop all the labels and clubs, and just be people, and fight for what's best, and most fair, and in the best interest of EVERYONE?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

beez...i'm surprised....

you're not for getting rid of the ACA?

and why wouldn't you want net neutrality?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

more "club" nonsense...

how about we go for something a little more respectable: consistency

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I think the article writer that OP posts needs to look up 'liberalism' in a dictionary.

Because really, people shouldn't be allowed to use words they don't understand.

Well I guess all the self-proclaimed Liberal politicians are in the same boat too.

It seems they are the biggest abusers of the textbook then.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

ROFLOL

Can't dispel the topic so the old standby applies.

Insert points from one view into another for deflection.

Wonders never cease.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What would be the point? You never listen to logic or reason in any of your threads. Its all left/Obama bashing.

One should not expect to change another person's mind when that person is blind and deaf to any outside information at all.

So, instead, i decided to postulate an equally absurd list to yours about the ideology you appear to champion.

An absurdity, in opposition to an absurdity if you will.

As obviously your list is an attempt at parody.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

This article and thread is a joke. Nothing said here can't also be applied to conservatives.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yeah, because we all know that the republicans and democrats are doing a much better job. I say, give liberalism a shot in the playing field. They couldn’t do any worse than the bull squat we have going on now.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Here's my favorite:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Here's another I like:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
You know what's really funny? I'll tell you.

If you switch this to a thread titled, "20 Examples of What Conservatism REALLY is" you'd have the same damn thread, only the roles are reversed obviously.

You people never cease to amazing. Hell, I never cease to amaze myself because I keep getting caught up in this stuff like it's truth. Both sides are full of idiots. You're all idiots. WE are all idiots. WE can't seem to pull our heads out of the politicians asses long enough to see we're being duped. It's becoming WAY too easy for them.

I'm just wasting my time typing this, really. This post will most likely be ignored or the one (maybe two) people who respond to it won't be anything of real consequence.

Carry on this stupid conversation.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Echo3Foxtrot

Something hit a nerve eh.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Just the useless back and forth. Liberals are idiots. Conservatives are idiots. Can't come to a happy medium. It's always a contest to see who has the bigger political penis. I'm just sick and tired of seeing such insanity. I mean, you guys really just can't stop yourselves.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo3Foxtrot
You know what's really funny? I'll tell you.

If you switch this to a thread titled, "20 Examples of What Conservatism REALLY is" you'd have the same damn thread, only the roles are reversed obviously.

You people never cease to amazing. Hell, I never cease to amaze myself because I keep getting caught up in this stuff like it's truth. Both sides are full of idiots. You're all idiots. WE are all idiots. WE can't seem to pull our heads out of the politicians asses long enough to see we're being duped. It's becoming WAY too easy for them.

I'm just wasting my time typing this, really. This post will most likely be ignored or the one (maybe two) people who respond to it won't be anything of real consequence.

Carry on this stupid conversation.

originally posted by: Echo3Foxtrot

Just the useless back and forth. Liberals are idiots. Conservatives are idiots. Can't come to a happy medium. It's always a contest to see who has the bigger political penis. I'm just sick and tired of seeing such insanity. I mean, you guys really just can't stop yourselves.

completely agreed....it's nice to see i'm not the only one who understands that the clubs are a joke, there is no left/right, and it's all a big diversion tactic, to keep us distracted, and at each other's throats, while they loot the country, and set it ablaze....

i wrote about this earlier in the thread...again, i'm glad i'm not the only one who gets it..

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
Oh,,,, Number's 11 & 20, are Classic:
11) Liberalism is saying you're for "choice" because you support abortion while opposing giving Americans choices about their health care, schools, whether they want to bake cakes for gay weddings, or even the light bulbs they have in their house.
20) Liberalism is thinking of yourself as an independent, open-minded free thinker for mindlessly parroting whatever the Democrat Party line is on every issue.

It's sad, but the parties are becoming the very things they despise...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Basically there is alot of hypocrisy that has got to be confronted and talked about in America with liberalism.They make awful generalization of conseratives and bully conservatives and lie constantly about conseratives.The media lies about conservative presidents when liberal presidents do the same thing.

John Kerry critizises Israel when they blow up terrorist but kill innocent people. American liberal Presidents and liberal Admins get into wars and bomb in wars and hit innocent life and the do the same exact thing.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus
I don't understand your response...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Great lists.

I would like to add.

1) Liberalism is when Harry Reid targets the Koch brothers because they donate 92% of their money to conservatives ranked at 59 in donations, but says nothing about the top 58 donors because they donate at least half of their money to democrats.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

then you're obviously not reading all of the posts...

2 posts above the one you don't understand...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join