It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Examples of What Liberalism REALLY Is

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8fl0z
a reply to: xuenchen

Hearing the truth is never fun.

Oh, get over it.

Someone posts a pseudo-science study about why we're all conservative and it's SCIENCE!! so it must be true.

We post a snarky list, and you go nuts.

Must have struck a nerve there.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Most of those are silly, inaccurate soundbytes. Let's try this one:

Conservatism is killing, torturing and bankrupting millions of people and then claiming it's fine because your imaginary god said you could.

Does the truth sting a little bit?

Plad

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

ROFLOL

You are adhering to the instruction memos perfectly.

Too bad it's been exposed a long time ago !!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

It comes down to control.

Either you have control over your own life. . .

or

You cede control over your own life to the authoritarian state.

Do I know how to live my life as I see fit, or should government step in and dictate?

That's exactly wrong.

Handbook for Conservative Debate Strategy

Rule #1. Always create a false dichotomy.
Rule #2. There is no such thing as too much hyperbole.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: mOjOm

You know how you can tell. Ask yourself, "What "ism" defines you as a person???

Maybe it's "Corporate Personhood-ism"

lol

That's classic man. You're too ignorant to realize that you've just made Yourself a Joke.

That's awsome!!

Can you post the Liberal hand book for arguing ?

We'd all like to see it.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

You can't honestly sit there and tell me that progressive-liberalism is for more freedom.

(With a straight face?)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Soft despotism is a term coined by Alexis de Tocqueville describing the state into which a country overrun by "a network of small complicated rules" might degrade. Soft despotism is different from despotism (also called 'hard despotism') in the sense that it is not obvious to the people.

Soft despotism gives people the illusion that they are in control, when in fact they have very little influence over their government. Soft despotism breeds fear, uncertainty, and doubt in the general populace. Alexis de Tocqueville observed that this trend was avoided in America only by the "habits of the heart" of its 19th-century populace.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is what the progressive-left wants.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I just can't believe we're this many posts in and nobody has mentioned:

1. The Constitution
2. Thomas Jefferson
3. Benghazi

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Freedom from those scary choices maybe.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

1. The Constitution
2. Thomas Jefferson
3. Benghazi

But look! You just did.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why carry the weight of making choices when someone from the government can do that for you!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why carry the weight of making choices when someone from the government can do that for you!

I know because they're so much smarter. I mean it's not like they've failed to educate most of the kids coming out of our inner cities or been misplacing vials full of deadly plagues at our disease research institutes or anything else that's equally incompetent lately.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

1. The Constitution
2. Thomas Jefferson
3. Benghazi

Oh almost forgot.

Benghazi is a great example of attempting to shift blame for failure.

Go Hobby Lobby !!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 8fl0z
I couldn't agree more. I just see this as another:

People who fall into the trap of sticking up for one political party and fighting against another are falling into the trap TPTB want us too. Way to keep us divided.
edit on 19-7-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You can't honestly sit there and tell me that progressive-liberalism is for more freedom.

(With a straight face?)

You're confusing Democratic politicians with progressive ideology. When was the last time a Republican gave you more liberty or a smaller government? Does that mean that conservatives are for less liberty and more government? Funny how quick the mainstream conservatives are to go on a "liberty grab" when it comes to imposing their religion-based morality on everyone.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

That is so spot on it is scary.

Funny but scary. You get my star. lol

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

(With a straight face?)

You're confusing Democratic politicians with progressive ideology. When was the last time a Republican gave you more liberty or a smaller government? Does that mean that conservatives are for less liberty and more government? Funny how quick the mainstream conservatives are to go on a "liberty grab" when it comes to imposing their religion-based morality on everyone.

I find fault in both republicans and democrats. They both embrace a progressive ideology.

Libertarianism, conservatism, are the antithesis of progressivism. I made the mistake in the past of voting republican.

Now I will vote for the candidate who espouses more freedoms, less government. Don't really care what the tiny letter after the name is.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Only 20???

21. It's Bush's fault.
22. Liberalism is continuing the previous administrations policies while claiming the previous administration policies are wrong.
23. Liberalism is passing bad legislation while exempting yourself from the same legislation.
24. Liberalism is using phony science to increase tax revenue to buy more votes, to keep liberalism in power.
25. Liberalism is claiming the rich don't pay their fair share while parking your yacht in a different state to avoid sales and excise taxes.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

(With a straight face?)

I find fault in both republicans and democrats. They both embrace a progressive ideology.

Libertarianism, conservatism, are the antithesis of progressivism. I made the mistake in the past of voting republican.

Now I will vote for the candidate who espouses more freedoms, less government. Don't really care what the tiny letter after the name is.

Its not the party, its the ideology I take issue with.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Funny how quick the mainstream conservatives are to go on a "liberty grab" when it comes to imposing their religion-based morality on everyone.

Except most of the "morality" is being preached by the Government and by anti-religion Progressives who are going great lengths to abolish religious freedom

Nice attempt at a 90 degree tangent with a 180 spin tactic !!

I see you are reading the Cliff-Notes. *Just be careful not to fall off*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join