It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed from "Gaza" (whats left of the country that was Palestine).

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

White Phosphorus does not truly classify as a "chemical" weapon. the properties and what it does is a based on a chemical reaction - true chemical weapons are binary or unitary agents that fall into the following categories: blister, blood and nerve.
However it serves many purposes in military actions to include creating smoke screens and incendiary for starting fires. if they assume the area is clear of civilians, they could use the rounds to burn certain areas. the Israelis are likely using them to mask troop and vehicle movements in a very dense population and heavily built up areas..

Yes, WP is a bad ass weapon, how ever calling a chemical weapon is slightly disingenuous...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
I don't get why Hamas has started shooting rockets again? What is the point of it? They know Israel will retaliate and try to stop it. If Hamas had the military power of Israel what would they do? Since they seem to have no problem shooting unguided rockets and using their own people as human shields. I try to be impartial but if you shoot rockets at a militarily powerful country like Israel what do you expect?

They do not want peace. They gain power and prestige by fighting, that is the goal, to remain in power.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There are more and more protests being mentioned all over the web relevant to this action occurring in Gaza. Besides the flechette weapons and othesr that may have been mention here, (I haven't been able to read all responses yet), there are other illegal weapons being mentioned that are being used. A Norwegian surgeon in Gaza is mentioning the use of illegal weapons...Gaza folks aren't using those kinds of weapons. They are being bombarded with stuff well beyond anything they have or use. Even the UN is starting to be more than concerned.

All over the web there are more and more countries joining relevant to protesting the actions occurring in Gaza. Even Japan now, France, Norway, China and more. If Israel is so right, how can so many other people be wrong. Sure, there has been wrong doing and horrors perpetrated by both sides...yet, this latest situation seems most unbalanced and wrong. More than one hospital has been reported to have been b*mbed. Hospitals? It is all way too much....overkill to the max.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal

All over the web there are more and more countries joining relevant to protesting the actions occurring in Gaza. Even Japan now, France, Norway, China and more. If Israel is so right, how can so many other people be wrong.

Because the Arabs and Muslims in other countries don't care who is right?

Go take a look at the "French" protesters and tell me who is ethnically French. None. They are North African Arabs. They protest about everything.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal
there are other illegal weapons being mentioned that are being used.

Such as what exactly? proof?

Even the UN is starting to be more than concerned.

Were they concerned at the thousands of rockets launched by the Hamas terrorists over the years?

All over the web there are more and more countries joining relevant to protesting the actions occurring in Gaza.

No, there are a few people in those countries protesting - the same people that protest about anything Israel does.
edit on 21-7-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Here is more evidence Hamas cares nothing at all for the children in Gaza.

www.unrwa.org...

UNRWA Strongly Condemns Placement of Rockets in School 17 July 2014

Agency Demands Full Respect for the Sanctity of Its Premises in Gaza East Jerusalem Yesterday, in the course of the regular inspection of its premises, UNRWA discovered approximately 20 rockets hidden in a vacant school in the Gaza Strip. UNRWA strongly condemns the group or groups responsible for placing the weapons in one of its installations. This is a flagrant violation of the inviolability of its premises under international law.

And these are the terrorists some people here support!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

I feel strongly for the people of Gaza. If only they lived under moderate leadership in the West Bank. They would still live under a serious problem in bad need of resolution, but they wouldn't be without water, sewage and a feeling of safety to see one day to the next.

Hamas is outgunned. Hamas is a military force though. They became that when they moved into "national power" by taking political control of the Gaza government. They could be called terrorists when they dropped mortars into Israeli towns and settlements or used actual rockets. Some homemade! Now they drop warheads into Tel Aviv which don't kill civilians only by the grace of a relatively new and impressive defense system.

A strong defense doesn't mean the attacks don't count and the attacks are running in both directions. One side certainly did start this round over the other, too. Hamas shouldn't keep starting fights they are so totally outgunned in.

They don't have the right to martyr the civilian population of one side, while attempting to kill those on the other. Palestinians aren't the problem. Hamas is.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

Oddly, none of those protesting countries are Arab... why is that? You would think they would have been on the bandwagon much sooner.

I wonder what the "protesting" countries are going to do, or would do to stop Hamas from launching rockets and human bombs?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is poor taste on HBO's part, but I just noticed on my HBO channel that they are showing the movie Munich right now. For those who don't know the plot of the movie, it's about a secret Israeli squad assigned to track down and execute Palestinian terrorists.....

Now is HBO trying to capitalize on what's going on at the Gaza strip or is this just a coincidence?

edit on 22-7-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Oh yeah, the movie that showed what, supposedly, happened after the Palestinian terrorist murdered how many Israeli athletes at the Olympics in Munich? I say supposedly because we all know how stories can be changed to add drama. I have not seen it, but I will be watching it. Thanks for the heads up.

No doubt HBO is tapping the interest in the conflict with a tidbit to watch.

There is another one called "One day in September" I believe. I think there was another movie made in the 80s? about the events that transpired in Munich. I do not remember the name of that one.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Israel accepts latest cease fire proposal, and Hamas rejects it again, for the third time since the conflict began.

People might want to take a hard look as to who is responsible for the ongoing bloodshed. It could have ended a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

The Sword of Gideon (1986) is the one I recall watching about Munich.

I thought that one was half way balanced too. It showed some of the excesses that the Israeli security agents committed and how they became what they hunted by the end of it, if only a little bit. Then again, the explosion/assassination depicted in Spy Game in 1980's Beirut was very similar to an actual event too. Things do tend to get out of hand, it seems. Even when they start for the best of reasons.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

Yes! That's the one! Thanks!

Frankly, I understand the motivations of both sides of the issue. The thing I do not understand is how the palestinians fail to learn to NOT poke the bear in the nose. The first few times you admire them for their courage and conviction. After a few decades you just kinda go WTF? The cycle has to stop and it will not stop with Hamas continually firing missiles lol

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce
Here is more evidence Hamas cares nothing at all for the children in Gaza.

www.unrwa.org...

UNRWA Strongly Condemns Placement of Rockets in School 17 July 2014

Agency Demands Full Respect for the Sanctity of Its Premises in Gaza East Jerusalem Yesterday, in the course of the regular inspection of its premises, UNRWA discovered approximately 20 rockets hidden in a vacant school in the Gaza Strip. UNRWA strongly condemns the group or groups responsible for placing the weapons in one of its installations. This is a flagrant violation of the inviolability of its premises under international law.

And these are the terrorists some people here support!

Not only that, the UNRWA turned the rockets over to the "police" who happen to be Hamas!

LINK
LINK

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join