It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada politician causes stir discussing why she had an abortion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My husband was adopted too.

But myself, I am not throwing a living child out there hoping it lands in a loving home.

I am very pro healthy, happy, secure, loved living children.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So, you want them killed?

There are many adoption groups that do wonderful work matching prospective parents with the people who want to make sure their children will be cared for. My husband's sister and brother-in-law used one of them and were matched with the prospective parents before the baby was born so that she could find out if she was comfortable with them adopting her child.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Wanting to experience all that encompasses bringing a child into this world is a selfish reason. Not that I don't understand it.

Just so you know where I stand.

My first pregnancy miscarried at 4 months.

Following in a 4 year period I had 2 daughters.

My last pregnancy I chose abortion. I was on the pill, still I got pregnant by my husband, but we were in the beginning stages of divorce. Talk about emotional times.

I helped raise my now 20 year old grandson. Our miracle baby born 3 lbs at 7 months. His mom had a medical issue and was told she could never conceive. She chose not to stay with the father because he was going down a negative path. They had been together 10 years. They met in a Christian summer camp. She was in her mid 20s when he was born.

I am currently raising my 6 year old grandson, with Autistic behaviors. His father died of Cancer right after he was born. His mom needs to work.

People who make statements pro-choicers or women who've had an abortion don't care about children is a fallacy.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So, you want them killed?

Don't force your belief on me. It is your belief.

I do not support that. A fetus is not a living being.

And BTW pro-choice is not pro-abortion. It's pro- choice.

I am now done with this discussion --- because I know where it goes from here.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I didn't say it wasn't. If you read what I wrote, it was more encompassing than that, as in, I don't know the reasons. I hate you think you do, when I don't. That's the state of affairs of life, isn't it.

I appreciate all your well received knowledge. It occurs to me, reading your following responses, as "you know where it goes from here," that we don't all go the same way.
selfish or not.

Here I go as you asked for it: the unselfish reason. I thought, truly, many times, about my baby, another life, separate and apart from mine, despite the fact that I've noticed we are not (per the Bible) to judge the children per the parents' sins, I thought……many times, many ways…..while I felt that life inside me, she/he deserves to live whatever and however and whomever I am going through right now….and despite or because of what I am and can provide.

The point, Annee, is this: the life of the child and the life of the mother who bears him/her is kind of inseparable at that point, is it not? We can do our best, as humans, as caring beings, to think of this child regardless and despite our own lives, but it's kind of moot point, is it not? The women who bear these children didn't make it so….it just is.

I see you caring, but I also see you judging all us mothers and fathers….I've done the same myself. I constantly ask myself is this a world where I would want to bear another human life, anyway? There are many of us capable, and cognizant of thinking beyond ourselves. You sell us all short thinking less, and thinking you may be the only one who cares about their progeny selfishly…..

true regards,
tet

edit on 19-7-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You cannot talk about this issue and get anywhere meaningful with someone that does not believe a fetus is alive. Ending it here.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I think this is a good point of view to hear since we are constantly hearing about how abortions supposedly ruin peoples' lives. This lady was pregnant young with no good options to raise a child so she had an abortion. Now she is successful and doesn't regret her decision. Though I think that abortions should be avoided as much as possible especially now that we have the morning after pill, this illustrates how people who can't take care of children will probably turn out better by not having them. I can't imagine any circumstance where it's good for a young woman to have a child.

Nevada Assemblywoman Lucy Flores Defends Decision To Speak Out About Her Abortion

www.huffingtonpost.com...

You what? Did i just read that right? I hate to burst your bubble on that thought, but i became a mum at 16, me and my partner who are still together (10 years this year) raised her without any help from our parents or the government and she so far has turned out great she is almost 7 now and we have 2 other children now aswell, you my friend need too look at things by circumstance not just throw every single young mother in to the same basket and label them as not being able to do it without parents & government help, i am well aware there is incapable young mums out there but theres incapable older ones aswell, you cant stereotype like that its incredibly offensive aswell!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
okay Annee. I'll give you one.

A child as a result of rape. There's every reason for the mother to abort: a horribel reminder, etc. If you didn't, because you recognized that child had no cause or effect in your rape, that is a reason such as you're asking for, though I've not understood why you are asking for such…..for your reasoning belies and equivocates what we as women bearing children hold most dear, I think…..the love for our child within our gut, moving, separate and apart from us.

That IS the MIRACLE of LIFE.
tetra

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

There is always adoption. No one ever mentions that route.

Because it's pushing a problem on someone else.

I personally know two such women and neither had wealthy parents

And I've known several people who had to take on the burden of raising or co-raising their daughters' children. There should be no teen pregnancies, with the medical advances we have now like the plan B pill no children ever need to have children again.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: ketsuko

But myself, I am not throwing a living child out there hoping it lands in a loving home.

I am very pro healthy, happy, secure, loved living children.

Fully agree... yeah that's like gambling with their life.

I'd rather nip a few cells in the bud than take the chance they suffer abuse (or religion) if adopted. Also, to me abortion can be the responsible choice. Especially if the mother cannot even carry the child to term with peace, quiet and good food, never mind drugs or alcohol which may have been taken before she knew she was pregnant. ( Stress hormones pass on to the child)

I had two abortions for the above reasons... was being abused myself and mildly involved with alcohol and drugs, especially damaging in the earliest weeks before I knew I was pregnant. Have two awesome teenagers now, a decent job, a happy life. Had I had the earlier two... damage all round. No regrets... I did the right thing.

All children must be wanted. I have adopted friends that seem to suffer and blame it on being adopted. I tend to think it could be the sea of stress hormones they floated in before the adoption rather than anything imaginary lacking on the adoptive parents part. Not anti-adoption per se, adoptive parents are angels in our society, but I still feel that unwanted pregnancy damages the child at a very early stage.
edit on 19-7-2014 by igloo because: clarification

edit on 19-7-2014 by igloo because: spelling

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Because it's pushing a problem on someone else.

WOW.

It's voluntary and very popular.

And the burden of excessive taxation and money redistribution "isn't" pushy ?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Thank you reminding everyone of this important factor. Growing up in a militantly liberal,politically-correct only area, I literally thought a young fetus was just cells until I could see my daughter's feet on her 8 week scan. 8 weeks. Wasn't no f---ing "mass of cells" about it, and it made me question the whole "abortion isn't killing" line of thinking. Not saying individual women think like that, but holy s---, I went to public high school and the attitude was "don't worry about it, its just cells clumped together, most women have one so its not a big deal". In the ancient world, you weren't "born" until the midwife could see your head---does that mean you aren't alive til then? Does that mean killing a full-term child at birth only counts as an "abortion"?

I'm avidly pro-choice because NO-ONE but the mother knows the exact circumstances leading up to an abortion---for instance, I almost died having my first and my husband knows I don't want to put my whole family's well-being on the line to have another of our own---but even so, like everything, the "facts" we get are not facts, and the "medicine" of it is funded by the companies and organizations that profitfrom every single termination. As a collective, the power is being abused as contraception, despite Plan B and many other things. I really want to stress that I don't judge anyone here and so appreciate people sharing their circumstances because it absolutely helps people from both camps understand each other---please, I beg everyone, just don't think this is different than anything else, there is ALWAYS an agenda. To step out of a deception first we have to admit we've been hoodwinked---more and more often these days, it seems.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The winner in this case is choice.

Pro-lifers forget that pro-choicers also support the choice to carry a pregnancy to term without the government interfering. But they're too bipolar in their worldview to understand this.

Some people think it is a tragedy that a woman can choose whether or not to terminate a pregnancy. Wouldn't it also be a tragedy if she couldn't, or if the government could make that choice for her? That's the situation in China, after all, where some women are required to have an abortion, whether or not they actually want one. Fortunately, here in the US, the government doesn't have that right, as per the ruling in Roe v Wade.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join