It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Almighty!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Illmatic's comments, and they certainly don't instigate racism.

TheCatalyst mentioned how me found it interesting that a black man played God and further said he hoped he wasn't upsetting anyone by saying that.

Illmatic then responded with his comment which is related to the original question...

If anyone was provoking a racial argument, it was you Gazrok by bringing it up.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'll agree to disagree

In any case, I'm all for dropping it...

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
also, i'll punh out by posing this question; what about the immunity to disease that blacks and whites differ with? sickle cell aenemia, for example. and illmatic, your forementioned comments are indeed racist , and once again, i'm not denying the fact that your theories are accepted ones by certain parties, but they are theories. your comments hold as much validity as a white supremacist saying, why, at the same time that europeans and mideasterners and asians were building castles and intricate economic systems, were africans running around building mud huts and selling eachtoher into slavery? see the similarities? so i reccomend you read a book, and look at your own moral standing.

also, I was the one who labeled illmatics comments racist, not Gazrok, so if anyone has any questions, they should be directed at me, not him.

[Edited on 30-5-2003 by goregrinder]

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
but they are correct in pointing out that I made an observation on comments being racist as well...

And, just to beat him to the punch, Illmatic will counter with the achievements of arabs, such as the pyramids, mathematics, etc. while we were still hunting and sleeping in caves, but of course, there is quite a distinction between the egyptians and the blacks of the time....

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I just have a problem with not letting people get away with being racist. And yes, Egyptians and Arabs were not black, thats like me taking credit for the advancements of the ancient chinese

If only Jim Carrey could see us now!!

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
No disrespect to Simon or Gazrok, but I have noticed as soon as Simon stepped in, all of a sudden Gazrok noticed that he was the one that started the whole issue of the racist comments.

Now, if someone else would have said what Simon said, would Gazrok still have noticed that it was he who basically incouraged the racism or would he have still kept on going?

I think it is a matter of superiority here, since Simon is the "head guy" here, everyone (hopefully) respects him, so when he stepped in Gazrok stepped down and basically admitted that he did start it.

It is almost positive that Jesus Christ was a black man.

If I am wrong, please tell me.
I am not trying to add to the racism but it is a fact.

[Edited on 31-5-2003 by TheCatalyst]

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
As always try to label me a racist. Your arguments hold no water. If I state facts of the achievements of the black man I'm automatically labeled a racist, even though they're facts. But do I call a white person a racist when they brag about Julius Caesar or whoever? No, I don't think so.

And just for future reference, the Egyptians were black skinned people. Your white brethen, the Greeks, called them "people of burnt skin."

AF1

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Why does it matter at all what race jesus was? If god values one human over another because of the color of their skin, then he's not a god I will worship.

Hitler said their was a master race too just so you know.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join