It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States with Higher Minimum Wage Boast Faster Job Growth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

And you are starting to sound like a broken record.

Why not even address his insight or perspective on the direct connection to the issues at had in the OP?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I find it amusing how many one liners I get in return on ATS within a round or two of sparring.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ilovemygreatdanes

And you are starting to sound like a broken record.

Why not even address his insight or perspective on the direct connection to the issues at had in the OP?

Because it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP which is that the number of jobs created means higher minimum wage is better economically. I made a lengthy indepth detailed post, he ignored it and went with feelings, and expected me to address feelings in a thread based on NUMBERS. He is welcome to make a post about feelings if he likes rather than offer logical fallacies such a moving goal posts and red herrings.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Ilovemygreatdanes

Thank You,

For the record i'll be 44 next month, but I have 2 things going for me. The first my career is in computers and I get to work in an industry that actually is moving in America and mostly around young people. The second thing being I was divorced a few years back and I got the lovely pleasure of going back through it again a second time to have a life again and that experience showed me with full clarity that it's 10x harder than 20 years ago.

Either way, the pleasure of debates of this nature (particularly after listening to some of this nonsense since I was a teenager) Is finally actually watching it change and seeing things start to become more progressive, my whole life ending the war on drugs will destroy America, raising the minimum wage will destroy America, if we don't send our military everywhere it will destroy America.... LOL, It's nice that this generation is the largest in American History. It's predecessors well They have had a vile and disturbing run.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

I find it amusing how many one liners I get in return on ATS within a round or two of sparring.

That's not a good thing when your arguments are routinely destroyed in one line.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Your unemployment numbers aren't even based in reality and it has been proven 100x over by many respected economists. So I kinda laugh at them but, you go ahead and carry on contributing to the crisis of disillusionment. It's funny.

-sidenote. And NOT to turn this political. No, I didn't vote for Obama (or the other candidates for that matter.) I didn't buy into the "hope and change" bit either. Don't know why I need to state
that but I just do. God just don't tread on me, how hard is that to grasp?

edit on 22-7-2014 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Double post

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Your unemployment numbers aren't even based in reality and it has been proven 100x over by many respected economists. So I kinda laugh at them but, you go ahead and carry on contributing to the crisis of disillusionment. It's funny.

My unemployment numbers come directly from the BLS and are impossible to disprove as they are THE numbers, what are you smoking? No one disproved them, show me where they were disproved or apologize. No one even attempted to reply to them, please feel free to try.

www.bls.gov...
edit on 22-7-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

"THE" numbers are WRONG. And that .gov link is your first problem

And LOL he bought into the war on drugs too wow.

Also how rude of you.

See what I said about the discrediting thing?

Keep proving my point

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I didn't ignore your post I said it was nonsense and i'd say the OP is nonsense too because there Is no way you can attribute such small changes to anything, it's not science it's number games attempting to prove points even though there is no certainty of any factor such as job growth being connected to anything in question essentially taking credit or not taking credit for what in the end (job growth) which is connected to literally thousands of different factors and using to make a point as fact with zero proof of correlation.

I could just as easily look up the amount of rain a State had in November and if it was connected pro or con to job growth and offer a completely BS argument as to why to prove whatever point I had.

It's an exercise in demonstrating (thank you) how "economics" is NOT a science but rather far more intimately connected to esoteric factors like, lifestyle, emotion, happiness, drive... all qualities which can not be mathematically quantified (and I might add useless to deal with in regards to Occam's razor)

So I didn't ignore either the OP or You, I dismissed the capacity to make any correlation because the actual factors in regards to the raising the minim wage and ANY economic outcome because it will be determined by HUMAN behaviors not economic standards.

Economics is unpredictable, it relies on the behavior of people.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

I didn't ignore your post I said it was nonsense and i'd say the OP is nonsense too because there Is no way you can attribute such small changes to anything, it's not science it's number games attempting to prove points even though there is no certainty of any factor such as job growth being connected to anything in question essentially taking credit or not taking credit for what in the end (job growth) which is connected to literally thousands of different factors and using to make a point as fact with zero proof of correlation.

Which is exactly what I was doing. They are twisting numbers to fit an agenda. The states in question have HIGH unemployment rates, which leads to more opportunity for job growth and is an indicator of slow economic recovery.

The state they make out to be the worst is Vermont, with "flat job growth". What they don't say is Vermont is doing the best and has the lowest unemployment rate in the country at 3.5%, that's why it's flat.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

"THE" numbers are WRONG. And that .gov link is your first problem

And LOL he bought into the war on drugs too wow.

Also how rude of you.

See what I said about the discrediting thing?

Keep proving my point

Hilarious. Please tell me then, what are the actual unemployment numbers for all the states I listed and source it.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I mean really, this is incredibly goofy stuff if you stop and think about it... There are so many factors In regards to Job growth, you could feed a super computer all month long and you'd start finding things like the number of mosquito's in the month of July the availability of a particular brand of Tampons in October. I'm just calling bs on taking any one action or trend (particularly early on and when definitively those pro or con on a subject can exert influence to prove their point or create self fulfilling prophecy) and make a statement on such a thing...

And then stating a definitive known... most Americans are living like crap, there is a giant wealth disparity and there is no way in hell the population at large having more money would work out bad for the population at large... I don't actually care what companies do better or worse or if some scum bags might try to prove I'm calling bs on the entire premise, this isn't about anybody's economic indicators or how it affects the growth of anything, it's not necessary to validate it, you raise it because the people are suffering immensely

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I don't have to do jack for you to prove myself and every day reality. There are countless threads right here on ATS. And they are not just based on conjecture and conspiracy. Maybe you should figure out how to use the site search function, enlighten yourself and stop just hearing what you want to hear.

I'm just happy for you that this issue obviously doesn't effect you in the least whatsoever; that you'll go to such great lengths to vehemently spit your vitriol at any and everything that doesn't see it your way.

That must be nice

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I don't have to do jack for you to prove myself and every day reality. There are countless threads right here on ATS. And they are not just based on conjecture and conspiracy. Maybe you should figure out how to use the site search function, enlighten yourself and stop just hearing what you want to hear.

I'm just happy for you that this issue obviously doesn't effect you in the least whatsoever; that you'll go to such great lengths to vehemently spit your vitriol at any and everything that doesn't see it your way.

That must be nice

So another ... You're wrong, I'm right, I don't believe your sources, I won't give you any sources, trust me, and if you don't then you are being mean and vitriolic.

I wonder what life must be like when every time a person disagrees with you it's being hateful.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

247wallst.com... ey-issues-which-skewed-the-payrolls-and-unemployment-report/

mobile.nytimes.com... x/2014/04/04/real-unemployment-rate-points-in-the-wrong-direction/

Maybe you should question your source and deny ignorance

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

247wallst.com... ey-issues-which-skewed-the-payrolls-and-unemployment-report/

mobile.nytimes.com... x/2014/04/04/real-unemployment-rate-points-in-the-wrong-direction/

Maybe you should question your source and deny ignorance

Nothing there contradicts my post or my point. If you think I am unaware of the differences in the terms you are wrong. My numbers are 100% accurate. Changing the definition of "unemployed" will give you different numbers. The actual numbers used are meaningless, it doesn't matter if it's 6% or 56%. They are simply used to compare the high min. wage states to the low min. wage states, you have not shown at all that the low min. wage states have higher unemployment under any definition. As I said, give me the numbers and source it if you think the point I made is wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

okay, fair sorry...

It's just a heated thing for me, at least we agree on something lol

I'm personally sick of pie charts, economists... business isn't that complicated if you want to make more or need to then innovate, provide a better service and if you can't (fast food comes to mind) then don't over value your crap and expect it to bring you ridiculous income for no effort, guys siting on their kiesters racking in $$ for people doing all the work at a wage they can die on is obscene that to me just isn't "business" it's the modern American sweat shop. consistent is the argument "we have to raise prices" which to me is also Insane. If a persons business doesn't make them individually "as much as they want to earn each month" then they need to DO more business, the truth is there are things being called "businesses" that are so shockingly over valued and only and absolutely only at the expense of others, the mass importing of fracked up chicken bits as example is not worth billions, the never ending import of junk for China (cough Walmart) is exactly a business that is NOT worth Billions to individuals, your not innovative, your so large it's your DUTY to provide good jobs and a service not mass profiteer.

There used to be a day when America had real Entrepreneurs and i'd like to consider myself one, if I have an issue with earnings it doesn't mean the answer is to simply jack people up, it means that I personally am sucking at something and better fix it, what todays "business person" wants is a "franchise" to get in work for a year put a moron in charge of a routine and make 6 figures for doing the book keeping and nothing good will come of our economics if we don't slap people down, we need workers who can work and innovate and get educated and be healthy and that's what the Asians are DOING and we are not almost across the board and the subject infuriates me... in part because I have respect for myself and I rather have less money and buy quality stuff

I never really got up enjoying the concept that, the 12 fast food dung holes are the only places even Open when I get up for work to get a cup of coffee and some yummy GMO cancerous puke because they have inflated NOTHING to the point of it being worth Millions, forced commercial real estate artificially to the moon and pay everyone so low any REAL competition is stifled.

If we want this to get better they need to be forced to pay people enough to get ahead and compete, drive their profits down so rents go down so others can again, compete.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Ilovemygreatdanes

Know what .. here you go, just for you. these are the U-6 numbers.

An * denotes a state BELOW national average.
USA Avg.
High Min. Wage with 6 states higher than the national average.

Washington
Oregon
15.8*
California
16.7*
Vermont
Connecticut
13.6*
New Jersey
14.2*
Illinois
15.6*
Nevada
17.4*
Massachusetts
Colorado

LOW Min. Wage with ONE state above national average.

Georgia
14.0*
Wyoming
Minnesota
Arkansas
West Virginia
Virginia
Utah
Texas
South Dakota

Are you done now? Are you able to admit you were flat out wrong?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

It's cool
It's just a case of the administration forcing numbers to give a narrative they want to legislate their beliefs, regardless of what is actually best.

Just an FYI, I do not make much money, I chose a field that is notorious for being underpaid, and I chose it on purpose I have a genius level IQ and graduated Cum Laude and could have chosen any field I wanted. I am not a 1%er keeping others down.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join