It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never seeing an unusual craft, light or being

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: moth115
Has anyone here never seen one of these types of things, as far as they are aware, even though they would really like to?

I do spend a lot of time staring at the sky, the moon, the stars, out of windows..walking around alone with my eyes open.. but never seen anything that seems from another world. I really want to though..and believe others have. I just wonder if it's the area I live. Or are they just avoiding me..?

See also ghosts, demons, big foots, not seen or heard one peep out of them.

Not to sound harsh but Is it possible its because you are looking with tunnel vision? I think people have a specific thing they look for and it blocks out a lot of what is in the sky, just my opinion though.

I think the big thing is synchronicity, right place right time.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I've always had a mild interest in ufo's and the paranormal but everytime I came across what I thought was the smoking gun, it would be explained away. I actually quit reading about the subject due to the absolutely ridiculous stories being put out there that were easily debunked and/or disproven.

About 8 years ago while driving home from work (broad daylight) I noticed an object about a mile or so away hovering very close to a heavily wooded ridge. I was heading towards the object and kept it in my sight the entire time. When I got close (around 3-4 hundred feet) I saw that it was acorn shaped, metallic, with the sun glistening off of it. It was about 25 feet tall and about 20 ft in diameter. I couldn't wrap my mind around what I was seeing and kept trying to come up with an explanation. It was not a balloon of any type--no gondola, ropes, tethers or anything that would indicate a balloon. Plus, it was only about 15-20 feet away from the tree tops.

I never mentioned this to anyone until 3 or 4 months ago when I finally told my daughter. I have no idea what I saw but it truly was an unidentified flying object. I saw this in Huntingdon County PA at the intersection of RT 453 and RT 22.(what was once a little village called Water Street) No airport within 30 miles.a reply to: moth115

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: redinPA

Hey, interesting story. Did it fly away, or disappear? Or did you keep driving and not see it leave? I'd have had to pull over and wait to see what it did.

I also saw a broad daylight structured craft just sitting in the sky in the mid '90s. The thing I saw was like 2 spheres joined by a tube. It looked kind of like a dumbbell. It just sat there in the sky without moving and I was sort of watching it in a daze for a few moments before I realized that it was something that just shouldn't be floating in the sky. I was driving my car and about to pull in my driveway so I was stopped for a few seconds looking at it but by the time I pulled in and jumped out to get a better look it had vanished. This was down in MD before I moved up to PA.

Oh yeah, and one more thing, I was with 4 other people when I saw this. 2 of them say they don't remember this happening, one was too young to remember now, and the other, my son now in his 30s, remembers it as I do.
edit on 7/23/2014 by wtbengineer because: to add

edit on 7/23/2014 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You know, to this day, I regret not stopping and looking closer. The debunkers did an effective job on me and I didn't believe it could possibly be something other worldly. I simply drove away thinking "wow, that was interesting". I don't carry a cell phone or I probably would have tried to get a picture. Its my one and only sighting and I just shrugged it off--but it did renew my interest in the subject again and even felt compelled to join here and post. I'm retired now and I'll be better prepared if I should ever have another experience.

a reply to: wtbengineer

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Oh yeah, and one more thing, I was with 4 other people when I saw this. 2 of them say they don't remember this happening, one was too young to remember now, and the other, my son now in his 30s, remembers it as I do

I was actually going to post in the thread about seeing something that no one else saw in a populated area.

Rt22 is the main east-west corridor in Huntingdon Co. and fairly heavily used. I've never heard anyone else speak of this when it would have been hard to miss. Its one reason I gave the location--there are a lot of members here from all over--you never know.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: redinPA

Nope, you never know. I hope someone else who happened to be in that area at the time will happen to see this.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Key phrase: "I was talking to a guy on here"

Of course if you bring up UFO's on a UFO based forum, don't be surprised if that other person claims to have seen one!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

Well I wouldn't claim it unless I had. Would you?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Just focusing on sightings, during my lifetime, I've seen one unequivocal UFO up close; two sky sightings that were obviously controlled craft exhibiting behaviors not consistent with human made craft; and four sighting of things that were extremely unusual, but had possible explanations that were more mundane. Well, in the last category, probably more than four, but four that are memorable and distinct, but never exhibited properties or behaviors that would exclude more mundane explanation.

I'm surprised how many people I've talked to that have seen something. Often, their descriptions might not even warrant inclusion in my third category, which reminds me that it is possible for people to over-react to something mildly unusual, but I've heard some stories on par with my best and conveyed just as honestly, often from people I would least expect.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

No, I personally wouldn't either. The rest of the internet, however, I cannot vouch for.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
a reply to: moth115

It's random when people have sightings. The right place at the right time. You really should be outdoor while watching the sky, your odds will increase greatly!

Yup.. I am often walking around listening to music around dusk time. Quite a few fields and countryside paths around here, so tend to wander about, taking photographs of trees, clouds..light, shadows, and combinations of those really : ) .. not too far from two quite big airports, well.. about 20,30 miles.. but there seems to be a lot of other flight paths over head too. Many planes at different heights. I never seem to see any unusual military crafts or the like, though.. probably the area I'm in? North West of England.

Early in the summer I got myself a pretty good telescope and have been trying some photography through that.. so far some good moon pictures ..seen a lot of shooting stars and satellites - one I thought suddenly changed direction..but it turned out to be my eyes just playing tricks on me (I think!) : ) - I will report back here if I come across anything unusual!

Anyway, not sure why I'm typing this .. but just realised I hadn't responded to the replies on this thread after starting it. I got a distracted with something - apologies for the very delayed response

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I've seen 3 ufos, and possibly a 4th; 2 during the day, 1 at night, and the 4th possible one at night. The two daytime ones were very obvious ufos... A black half-oval shape thing with a round top and a flat bottom slowly hovering through the air right down the road from my house, and a metallic sphere shooting through the sky at extremely high speed. The nighttime one was an extremely bright light just hovering above a farmer's field before slowly making its way out of sight. I knew it was not a helicopter because it didn't make a sound, which I would have clearly heard at that distance.
I've also had several paranormal encounters, some of which included lights manifesting in mid-air and floating around, and things physically interacting with either myself or the environment. There are too many for me to feel like detailing all of them here.

I wonder if the crafts could also be paranormal?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I've seen a few UFOs, never any ghosts or Sasquatch type creatures though.

Out in the very remote woods on the far banks of Lake Tustumena we did here a terrifyingly loud thump sound though. As if something huge was stomping on the ground as a warning. Could have been a massive grizzly I suppose.

Also, a friend of mine just went back out there pretty recently and claims he heard tons of mysterious wood knocks throughout the night.

Regarding UFOs, I'm starting to wonder if a lot of these sightings are a result of quantum physics, something to do with the whole observer effect. Seeing UFOs and maybe even paranormal entities is just a state of mind that some people are more susceptible to?
edit on 27-8-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: KezigluBey

Not to sound harsh but Is it possible its because you are looking with tunnel vision? I think people have a specific thing they look for and it blocks out a lot of what is in the sky, just my opinion though.

I think the big thing is synchronicity, right place right time.

Maybe... a lot of the time I'm probably day dreaming, and not really 'looking' for anything. It's probably only really the last six months I've started really 'looking' .. it maybe coincided with when I came across this place and began reading more stories about such things, more often.

Since my late teens/early twenties I have considered reality, time... consciousness quite a bit.. quite a lot of strange things have happened. Something funny is definitely happening with all .. 'this' (sorry, I'm a bit tired, trying to make the post brief, but get across how I am open to the weirdness of reality and how I sense we really don't know what is going on at all with anything.. this started when I was studying physics at university and began to realise the deeper I got into it the more questions and the more realisation that we don't really know much about the reality of things..leading to me having a bit of a mental breakdown and failing exams left, right and centre - maybe partly due to me not being that great at maths : ) )

You mention synchronicity - It's funny, I've only recently come across a lot of writing about this and it does relate to a lot of the things that have happened to me. I know there are a lot of coincidences for everyone.. but, hmm I seem to be really rambling tonight here.

I can't quite remember what my point was..

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I've always been a chronic sky watcher ever since I was a child thanks to my Mother(R.I.P) I saw nothing for forty odd years until a two month period from early March 2011 until early May 2011 where I witnessed a number of various craft that defy explanation. 8 UFOs of various forms in 6 separate incidents ranging in distance from 100 feet to the outer edges of the atmosphere. I hope to eventually add a disk shaped craft to my inventory of sitings.

As others have mentioned prior, it happens seemingly at random, and they are relatively rare. Always be skeptical of anything you observe as odds are its not a UFO, but they are real and not all are "secret government projects".

I will say that my massive in size high altitude boomerang fly-by siting, which happened to be my first real UFO, was one of the highlights of my entire life.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I have only seen it one time. It was out at my dad's ranch here in South Texas. Around midnight we saw flashes of lights, like blinking stars, set about two feet apart in the sky (from our point of view). They would move rapidly up and down and blink at different rates. I can't explain them. The sky is very clear out there and there are no lights, so it was pretty interesting.

edit on 30-8-2014 by UrbanMonkeyOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I've observed the night skies from nearly every place in the continental USA traveling over 6 years now and have seen nothing that could not be explained as being of this world...

You should see the night sky from 11,000ft elevation, very low humidity, no light pollution... It's amazing what can be seen there with just human eyes.

I have seen shooting stars, meteors, fireballs, satellites, nothing unusual... Nothing!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Dont kid yourself... you have seen plenty, just like everyone else...
Its not your fault you cant remember for yourself...
Nor are you blessed in your mentality to be untouched by delusions which spark your intrest, as long as its somebody else...
Those blessed either mentaly and or physically are the ones whos tales you enjoy...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ive seen plenty of weird lights at night. Out in the country you know that its probably not an airplane that just ascended out of the woods to fly off over the horizon.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I'd say first thing is to realize that a UFO is not necessarily Alien in nature. The term refers to any flying object that cannot be identified and it stands to reason that nearly all sightings are unknown earthy aircraft, misidentified natural phenomenon or possibly a real Alien visit.

If we have seen an Alien visitor, it would be so rare that IMO it's safe to assume that nearly all reports are something else and far too many now are fraud, hoaxes or attention seekers. Then you have those who see perfectly normal things and insist they are otherwise.

I find the attraction for me is that I just can't say it's impossible we would be visited by and Alien craft, because it would be almost irrational to think we are alone in the Universe.

I'm currently of the opinion that most if not all sightings that are worthy of looking into, are in fact earthly aircraft in development for the military.

Sadly the flood of hoax video's, out and out liars and attention seekers has nearly driven me away from my interest in this topic. I think it would be unusual if there were more than a few per decade that should be reported or researched and all the rest is bunk.

It's normal that you have not seen anything and I have to say that those who seem to see them all the time or even multiple times are either mistaken in thinking every light in the sky is a UFO, lying or seeking attention.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join