It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda and MH17

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
One of the best analyses I have ever read regarding propaganda is Jacques Ellul's "Propaganda: The Formation of Men's Attitudes." I think it's worth reading, especially in today's high-tech instant-information society. If you're feeling bold, also try Ellul's "The Technological Society."

Personally, I think the shooting down of the Malaysian jet was unintentional - I think the shooters (whoever they were) didn't know it was a passenger jetliner. My opinion is, this was done by a trigger-happy military team with little knowledge of what they were doing and who believed it was a military target, not civilian - and I don't personally see any covert conspiracy in the event, though I could be wrong and often am.

But that doesn't mean various governments, through media, are not in full "spin" mode, trying to work consequent events to their favor. I think that is definitely happening.

One thing I do find a bit weird: From the very moment this story broke in the news, everyone was crying SAM and BUK. I never saw one news article suggest this was a hijacking, or a terrorist, or an on-board bomb. I find that a bit strange.

edit on 21-7-2014 by Stuyvesant because: I removed the link to the Wikipedia entry for Jacques Ellul - Propaganda book.

<< 1   >>

join