It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MYSTERIOUS ANCIENT CONSTRUCTIONS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolour material scientist who cant spell machine lulz

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I think you may have gotten the wrong impression, I was actually agreeing with your sentiment and appreciating your knowledge in the realm of geology. Most people look at rocks and think they're all boring ol' rock. It's refreshing to know people outside of geology don't always do that.

I am well aware of most sand being quartz (especially if we're talking aeolian sands).
Unfortunately, I disagree about the hardness of most beryl being less than quartz.

en.wikipedia.org...

Indeed, you'd want to smooth the quartz grains, as they have no preferred cleavages. (A product of quartz being purely bound SiO2 in a lattice.) Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to imply you can't smooth quartz with quartz, I merely meant it might take a while. (Believe me, I was reluctant to go to my beryl to smooth the moonstone. I tried sand, sandstone, and bull quartz with various grinding methods. Beryl worked better.)

Funny you should mention diorite(or perhaps intentionally so?), as it too is mostly comprised of feldspar (more calcium rich plagioclase feldspar) with quartz and a few more mafic minerals. Essentially a member of the gabbro-granite continuum somewhere towards the middle.

I was unaware of the use of heating to facilitate these processes, but I can't say I'm surprised. It makes good sense to do so.
Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Hydeman

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: Wolfenz

I see your Point's ...

Similar Structures Similar Building Methods Ocean Apart ... To Millennium Ages Apart I said (( SIMILAR ))

You May have to look around Turkey Iraq Iran to Bolivia Peru & Easter Island to See it ..

Deleted above a long discussion, if you have evidence of said comparison please share the one that you think is most solid.

HUH yes it is Lost , unless your talking about Petra glyphs and Cave paintings that are Claimed to be 30thousand to 40thousand years old .. earliest recorded claimed Written history is by the Sumerians and Ancient India tho there may be older writing's as I found out that on Easter island there is Hieroglyphs Striking similar to Ancient Pakistan Hieroglyphs..

We can obtain information on the cultures before writing by a number of archaeological, DNA, and other methods, they tell us a great deal about those people and their environment, while not as valuable as writing for determining what people thought it does tell us somethings about what they did and how they did it.

Unfortunately we Lost the Library of Alexandria in a few Major Fires that Could Explain the Ancient Mysteries of Ancients..

The ancient had the library for a long time and many people visited it but no one noted these mysteries, you might want to look up the Pinakes which is a summary of what was in the Library of Alexandria. You can find the links below

www.abovetopsecret.com...

with The Library of Alexandria those Mysteries may of been Common Knowledge

I haven't Seen the thread yet but I will..

See what exactly that has not been imaged already? I have been to Turkey, Iran and EI, but I'm not getting your point.

if you have evidence of said comparison please share the one that you think is most solid.

Well See this Then you may get my point ... The Site Below ...

Artefacts, Atlantis and the route to the sea
www.atlantisbolivia.org...

The Comparison of the Connection of the Old & New World Similaritys

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?
page: 5

These Woman are Not NOT Native Americans They are SAMI People from Finland to Norway
Yet Look and Sound Native American CREE as Both Cree / SAMI as i said Before Have Unique DNA from Whites

Even the Dialect Pronunciation is almost similar not the Language but the way its pronounce to see what i mean look below Now that to me is Ficken Scary !! See Below to see for your self ! Check at the 1.20 Minute Mark

Compare Too

I tend to Think There were Ancient Trade Routes from the old World to the New

Technically correct as people traded and moved between Siberia and Alaska for thousands of years but I think you mean trade from Europe the ME and southern Asia and Africa to the Americas, while this theory is popular no evidence has been found to support regular trade routes, what is possible is sporadic unintentional visits that left little or had no historical importance.

That is what I meant well some evidence.. if it isn't a hoax... a Found Sumerian Bowl in Bolivia Peru.. Nothing Solid.. I doubt primitive Natives Still in The Stone Age to Brass age had the knowledge to do so build these mysterious Structures in Peru to Mexico that has a similar resemblance of Old World Structures.. In Stone Works and Masonry

edit on 19-7-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

The Fuente Magna of Pokotia Bolivia
www.faculty.ucr.edu...

Proto-Sumerian origin on text on a statue discovered in Peru! The riddle of the monolith of the Poko

Symbolism of the Fuente Magna Bowl.
page: 1

Ohh here look at this !

Not Saying ET just a higher Advance Civilization just Dropped By for a Little While... long ago in The New World .. from The Old

edit on 20-7-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Howdy

I've run out of time tonight but will not that the Sami may have been related to the people who moved East and in to the Americas and their ancestors went West becoming the Komsa who became in time the Sami.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: JamesTB

originally posted by: Harte
What exactly is mysterious here?
If you want to merely recommend a video, why don't you just do that on YouTube?
Here, we prefer discussion, not television.

originally posted by
Dolour
really nice!
did you see the wavelike toolmarks on some of this stuff? :p
similar to what we see here
looks pretty much like a milling cutter was at work.

The marks in your pic are the result of pounding stones gouging out material. That's how stone was quarried if it wouldn't cleave along straight planes. For example, granite vs. limestone, which actually breaks off in blocks and can be split because of that fact.

Harte

Well firstly this looks pretty mysterious to me -

s27.postimg.org...

I can't imagine who would do something like this and for what purpose? Maybe you can enlighten me ....

A purpose is almost always speculation, but your pic comes from the underground city in Tatlarin Village Turkey.

The openings you see were carved out of tuff, an exceedingly soft stone comprised of volcanic ash.

Could've dug that out with a stick.

Harte

So you don't know what purpose it was used for and you don't know who constructed it ...... so it's a mysterious site just as I thought.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I just love these posts, the information is astounding at times, well worth the time taken to read through it all.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

Great thread, thanks JamesTB

At 5.25 in the video posted, do you know where that location is?

The symbols above the door is the flower of life pattern. It's been found all over the world. At 5.25 is a great example. Im really interested in this symbol.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Fantastic thread OP always amazing to see such feats in construction that dwarf modern capabilities.

Surprise surprise the shills and indoctrinated folk have reared their ugly heads.I find it truly pathetic when people come on here flaunting their qualifications,as if to say they are the only ones capable of diagnosis and their word is final due to this.Well they are just displaying their indoctrination and limited perception,so to me what they say is null.

Again for anybody who independently studies subjects like this,additionally incorperating all aspects of the bigger picture,you will draw the conclusion that there was an advanced 'race' on this planet who constructed these items in question-even other planets in the Solar System have the hallmarks bearing the exact same style of construction,not forgetting the mathematical/sacred geometry encoded as well.

Many of these stones cannot be moved today for starters..Baalbek stones for one example, are about 1300 tonnes,also they are fitted with such precision that you cannot get between the joins with various methods.There is a wealth of evidence to add to this and people need to check for themselves if in any doubt.What we have is a global civilisation that existed,on every continent and the 'beings' responsible for these structures are still in control of the world today, albeit covertly as opposed to overtly in the past.

This civilisation moved on from Atlantis..to Egypt..to Greece..to Rome..then on into the royal families of Europe and here we are in the present day.At the very peak of the compartmentalized pyramidal system, we have who are known as the Anunnaki,who i'm sure you are familiar with,these are the ones who all governments,elites,royals,secret societies etc owe their alliegences to.

I advise reading the Wes Penre free e-book/papers,they will tackle every area of our hidden past and what we are really up against today,in this age of deception,i really do recommend this to all the folks reading this.

Peacefully

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Puma punku has always been my fave, just impossible stone work for the time/tool period it was suggested to have been made.

Then theres the transport issues, moving a several tonne rock from one mountain to another? without a solid road system we cant even do that now!!!!!

Those ancients were FAR smarter than anyone gives them credit for.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Buddyman

Surprise surprise the shills and indoctrinated folk have reared their ugly heads.I find it truly pathetic when people come on here flaunting their qualifications,as if to say they are the only ones capable of diagnosis and their word is final due to this.Well they are just displaying their indoctrination and limited perception,so to me what they say is null.

It's interesting that you should disparage people who take a different viewpoint from yourself for mentioning their own experiences or education (not a dirty word by the way), but you are you really so blind that you failed to notice the first poster to mention how their educational background may apply to the subject?

Perhaps you should read page one again with out the benefit of your partisan blinkers. Then you will see who opened that particular door.

And why are you so offended that people should examine evidence and discuss what is and isn't possible with stone tools? We have already had a poster who said that you could not work granite with stone tools shown as incorrect. Why then continue to build other points on an incorrect assumption?

But yes, of course I and others who use evidence and look to build on that are shills.- That's just beyond pathetic, dude.

It's also a clear tactic to shut down discussion - don't you like posters having the freedom to discuss these factors?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Puma punku has always been my fave, just impossible stone work for the time/tool period it was suggested to have been made.

Then theres the transport issues, moving a several tonne rock from one mountain to another? without a solid road system we cant even do that now!!!!!

Sure they were smart, smart enough to place their quarries as close to where they intended to built as they could and using water transport where possible.

The above is a map of where the two main quarries were (for two different types of stone used). No transport issues at all, they just dragged them to the fabulous craftsmen they had.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Buddyman

Again for anybody who independently studies subjects like this,additionally incorperating all aspects of the bigger picture,you will draw the conclusion that there was an advanced 'race' on this planet who constructed these items in question-even other planets in the Solar System have the hallmarks bearing the exact same style of construction,not forgetting the mathematical/sacred geometry encoded as well.

....or its all made up stuff by people with too much imagination and too little knowledge of the real world?

Many of these stones cannot be moved today for starters..Baalbek stones for one example, are about 1300 tonnes,also they are fitted with such precision that you cannot get between the joins with various methods.There is a wealth of evidence to add to this and people need to check for themselves if in any doubt.What we have is a global civilisation that existed,on every continent and the 'beings' responsible for these structures are still in control of the world today, albeit covertly as opposed to overtly in the past.

They didn't move the really big ones probably just to difficult, but if you mean the trilithons yep they moved them. No evidence for a 'global' civ.

This civilisation moved on from Atlantis..to Egypt..to Greece..to Rome..then on into the royal families of Europe and here we are in the present day.At the very peak of the compartmentalized pyramidal system, we have who are known as the Anunnaki,who i'm sure you are familiar with,these are the ones who all governments,elites,royals,secret societies etc owe their alliegences to.

Well no evidence for Atlantis and if there are evil people hiding stuff why did they allow us to find civs like the Minoan, Harappa, Sumer, Catahoyuh and Golbekli Tepe, etc? Rather a group of slackers I would think. lol

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Howdy

I've run out of time tonight but will not that the Sami may have been related to the people who moved East and in to the Americas and their ancestors went West becoming the Komsa who became in time the Sami.

I ran out of time too...

I tend to think there was at one Point a One World Civilization in the North Region Hemisphere just in the time of the Ice Age end.. and im not the only one that does think it could of been

Here a Better understanding...

It does Not "Necessarily" have to be the Bering Strait Theory either it may of been Both..

What is called the Arctic Circle ...

As Island Skipping from Norway/Finland to Iceland to Greenland to Canada

Tho According to this article Native Americans are related Iranians ??

Native American Nations Around The World - A Genetic Sub-Polar Route
pattyinglishms.hubpages.com...

Transcendentalism, Native American Theology, and Sámi Worldview: An Interpretive Analysis of the Similarities Between Three Independent Worldviews
www.utexas.edu...

Well Here is Some similarity's All Practically the Same Culture lifestyle Nomadic Hunter gatherers

List of minor indigenous peoples of Russia
en.wikipedia.org...

List of larger indigenous peoples of Russia
en.wikipedia.org...

Indigenous peoples of Siberia
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Sure they were smart, smart enough to place their quarries as close to where they intended to built as they could and using water transport where possible.

The above is a map of where the two main quarries were (for two different types of stone used). No transport issues at all, they just dragged them to the fabulous craftsmen they had.

Interesting explanation, could you now flesh it out and demonstrate how its possible to drag a 130 ton block from the quarry on Lake Titicaca to Puma Punku please?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
How were these cut marks made? Taken from the video below (@1.20) -

s1.postimg.org...

MYSTERIOUS ANCIENT CONSTRUCTIONS 5/6

YouTube Link -

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Which specific stone are you talking about?

However for any stone from there...

lift, drag, raft, pull, drag, place.

Any other questions?

How do you think they got them there?

I would note that when the Inca conquered this region they made the people there their Royal masons and they built a lot of what we now call 'Incan' structures, when the Spanish came and had children with the natives a few of these' cultural hybrids' wrote about their mother's cultures and told stories of stones being dragged around....odd they would do that eh?
edit on 20/7/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Hiya James, from my own pov it's hard to say. I don't know for sure what type of stone that is (although the block is not particularly large judging by the vid)but it's quite possible by the looks of it that it is the result of accidental damage. Perhaps it was damaged while being transported and was dragged and forced past or dropped by a harder stone. Context is key with these things and with out the full story we are left speculating and much of Archaeology is ofc about making judgements based on evidence and context.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolour

Delour, i'd like to make it clear that the issues I have been debating/disagreeing with you on are your statements re the (un) workability of granite with primitive tools, ie hammmer-stones and how granite behaves as a result of using such tools.

When working in this manner, a maker will not use all of his might with each blow and it is certainly a slow process. All that is removed with each blow is a few grains. I'm fully aware of the Mohs scale but you are no doubt aware that a softer material can work and reduce a harder material, a very simple analogy being how the passage of many hands can polish and eventually reduce a stone by a small amount.

Flint/Chert (7 Mohs) is softer than granite but still very hard and a maker will go through a pile of hammer stones in the process as they turn them from fist sized to pebble sized throughout the process, but they will reduce the granite and ofc many of them have been found in situ - thousands of them in fact. The hammer stone will not shatter if the correct force is applied, but will reduce gradually.

The same technique will not be used all of the way through in the working of a granite block - hammer stones will do the primary reduction work, and then for final smoothing/flattening and polishing the process will be different.

Flattened stones will do the flattening - these tools are usually made by rubbing two of the same stones together in a circular motion which makes both connecting surfaces flat. These are then rubbed on the granite and I would expect they are rinsed regularly to remove rock-dust from the granular texture, ensuring that they remain abrasive; or a sand and water/fat slurry would create the abrasion. Both techniques would produce the desired result.

A final polish can be achieved by making a slurry (fine rock dust in a water or fat suspension) very similar to a modern polishing compound. I believe Erret Callaghann achieved a reflective finish on stone using charcoal dust and tallow in a leather pad.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: hydeman11
a reply to: Harte

I think you may have gotten the wrong impression, I was actually agreeing with your sentiment and appreciating your knowledge in the realm of geology. Most people look at rocks and think they're all boring ol' rock. It's refreshing to know people outside of geology don't always do that.

No, I didn't have the wrong impression. Sorry if it read that way and I do appreciate your flattering comments.

originally posted by: hydeman11I am well aware of most sand being quartz (especially if we're talking aeolian sands).
Unfortunately, I disagree about the hardness of most beryl being less than quartz.

They had plenty of sand, not so much with the beryl or emerald.

originally posted by: hydeman11Funny you should mention diorite(or perhaps intentionally so?), as it too is mostly comprised of feldspar (more calcium rich plagioclase feldspar) with quartz and a few more mafic minerals. Essentially a member of the gabbro-granite continuum somewhere towards the middle.

I bring up diorite more often than necessary, due to the fabulist's claims that it can "only be cut with lasers!!!"

originally posted by: hydeman11I was unaware of the use of heating to facilitate these processes, but I can't say I'm surprised. It makes good sense to do so.
Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Hydeman

Thank you, I appreciate your interest and your input.

Harte

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Howdy, interesting stuff I once studied the Norse colonies in GL extensively and I've always like that area of the world.

Cultural similarity can be tricky, people in the environment will often develop a similar technique or even god or spirit due to the stress of that situation.

Civilizations produce and leave massive amounts of evidence behinds, in the cases of say Egypt and Sumer tens of millions of items. That this theoretical global civ has left nothing is a large obstacle to overcome. I comment further once I read the rest of the wiki stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join