It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theme that I've had within dreams in the last year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I've had this a few times over the last year, the first dream was especially vivid though..and I thought about it quite a bit afterwards as it was unusual to me.

The dream seemed very long and complex, moving around a lot..half way through the dream I started to try and make sense of what was happening —why I was doing what I was, how I had got to this particular point. Realising that nothing made sense, that my memories were very confused, and that I had no sense of who I was.. I began to panic in the dream and tell people in despair that I had gone insane.

The rest of the dream was distressing and involved me telling lots of people how I had lost my mind and that nothing made sense to me. In the end I was asking someone please take me to hospital as I was insane.

On waking up it all made sense as looking back dreams are often chaotic and strange, but somehow I either dont recognise this or realise it's a dream.

In this one though I chose the third option and doubted my sanity.

Since that dream it's happened quite a few times. I used to have quite scenic dreams.. but these ones I can't really recall the scenery..it's like I'm trying to really think in the dream, which leads to despair that I've lost my sanity.

Just wondering if anyone else here has had this type of dream?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I've had similar feelings in dreams where the scenery radically changes and the me in the dream is left very confused & a little scared, and literally lost in an unfamiliar new area. Sometimes the time of day even changes with the location, going from night to day, or day to night. I don't have dreams like that very often, but I hate them when I do, they really spook the crap out of me not knowing where I am compared to where I was a blink of an eye ago.
edit on 7/19/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah I can imagine feeling spooked if that happens. Well I suppose it's if you kind of note it's happened during the dream. I think I often have sudden changes of scenery and situation, but it doesn't register at the time. Or maybe it does, but after waking I can't remember the progression or what linked them? It's all quite strange I suppose :]

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: moth115
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah I can imagine feeling spooked if that happens. Well I suppose it's if you kind of note it's happened during the dream. I think I often have sudden changes of scenery and situation, but it doesn't register at the time. Or maybe it does, but after waking I can't remember the progression or what linked them? It's all quite strange I suppose :]

It usually starts out with a few buildings beginning to change or disappear, one here, a few there, then a whole block, etc. I almost always look behind me in utter confusion in these dreams to see if where we'd come from was still the same, and it never is. We can walk a few more strides and be short a kid or both, or I'm suddenly alone on occasion. I try to find the best lit place I can find, and try to make like I belong there, no matter how unfamiliar I am with it. If I'm with the family/friends, I'm not all that scared, but if I'm alone, I'm a little jumpy & certainly a little scared. Especially if it's night & not well lit. Those are the spookiest < shiver >

I have no idea what triggers that alteration in the dreamscape, but I've never liked it. Nothing bad ever happens, but that change is always disturbing. Maybe it's a dream metaphor for me being resistant to change, I'm not sure. I've always though I was pretty resilient and adapt well to abrupt changes in life, but maybe my subconscious isn't as confident as I thought?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Could be a sign of westernization of the entire world and their crazy hospitals. Mass brainwashing till you think the others civilizations are very backward and barbaric even though they are lies. Look into schools like College or Uni requirements should wake you up. Don't be a sheeple to todays society. Look at Hong Kong as an example of westernization. They have many traits from the British Empire especially today with crazy/mental health hospitals.

Maybe your dream building doesn't exist anymore, be more aware of businesses closing and opening of new stores. This is capitalism/monopoly at it works. We no longer have any more historical buildings because they are going to be replaced. I doubt anyone knows how to build those rock buildings anymore.

top topics

join