It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you been pulled from the bottom of your bed ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I've had this disturbing experience a few times that i remember. Has anyone else had the feeling whilst they were laying in bed and felt they were being pulled by the ankles toward the bottom of the bed? I feel like i am being yanked really hard, my head reaches the bottom of the bed and that's all i remember.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

When I was very young (probably 6-7 years old) I had similar experiences. On one occasion, I felt the bed shaking violently, and had a sensation of falling, but also of being pulled as you described. I hope it was just something somnambular, and not some evil entity messing with me!
It seemed very real. I remember thinking "what the heck is going on?"

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
Has it ever happened in your adult life ?
I'm wondering if this is a common feeling or not. Perhaps someone will offer some more insight into what this is all about.
One time, after feeling i was pulled i remember being back in my bed but a very cold hand was letting go of my wrist.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I have I think dreamt that quite a bit..more the bed is tilted and I'm falling out of the bottom of it. Usually as I'm just waking up and start being aware I'm in bed. Once I fully wake up though I'm right at the top of the bed.

You posting this did remind me of the feeling though, that I've tended not to really consider once awake.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I've lived in the same house for twenty years and learned after moving in that things were odd in and outside. I've heard bumps, heard someone running around, I've heard someone call Mummy, in the kitchen and had someone appear in the corner of my eye but never managed to get any proof, so most people that I've told, has thought I was talking out of my backside, then I saw an article on the Warren couple who deal with ghosts (forgot their first names) and they mentioned that sometimes if you think your house is haunted, open all the curtains turn out all the lights and go outside, walk away as far as you can with the house in view and take a picture, you might catch your ghost but I never could.

Then one day a woman, elderly who'd been living on the street for more than fifty years (our houses are at least a hundred years old just recently being refurbished due to age) she said

'Oh hello, You're number 66 aren't you.'

'I said yh.'

She introduced herself as Edna Clarke, and then said something that disturbs me to this day. she told me that years before I moved in the house was owned by a horrible woman, she was an old woman who had a pretty young granddaughter living with her but the gran hated her, and would be seen smacking her with objects and treating her like a slave but then for no reason the little girl went missing. Later the girls gran died in her house on the top floor by a large wardrobe, when the council bought the property they started to clean up and when they took away the wardrobe they found a young girl dead behind it in a small box room with no windows.

the girl apparently had a bucket to go to the toilet and only what was then moldy bread. worse part is that I sleep in the room next door to said boxroom.

Since then I've tried getting pictures but never had the guts to call out and see if she was there. Just thought I'd share.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Happened to me in the 80's. Yanked clean out of bed by the forearm and hit my head on the wall at the foot of the bed. I saw an apparition at the same time and a deep voice said, "I've found you." or words to that effect. I injured my head and shoulder and there was pain in my forearm. My wife at the time was sleeping beside me and switched on the light. (thank goodness).

Needless to say it scared us at the time. The covers and sheet the bed were thrown to the floor such was the force I felt. I never believed I was dreaming and couldn't have possibly lifted myself from a laying position across the back of the bed and hit the wall opposite.

Kind Regards,

Bally

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar
a reply to: ColeYounger
Has it ever happened in your adult life ?
I'm wondering if this is a common feeling or not. Perhaps someone will offer some more insight into what this is all about.
One time, after feeling i was pulled i remember being back in my bed but a very cold hand was letting go of my wrist.

I haven't had this experience as an adult. I have had a couple terrifying sleep paralysis episodes though.
As I said in my earlier post, the sensation of being pulled was very vivid. 'Very real'.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Its a type of Hypnagognic halluciniation. Its pretty common, and used to happen to me from time to time, though I didn't feel like I was being pulled, but rather just sliding.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
Its a type of Hypnagognic halluciniation. Its pretty common, and used to happen to me from time to time, though I didn't feel like I was being pulled, but rather just sliding.

That's kind of what i was 'hoping' to hear. If it's common and not linked to other paranormal experiences then i can put this thing to bed (pun intended
)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It happened to me at age 17, I was yanked hard out of bed and hit my body against the wall opposite the foot of the bed, and when it happened, I could tell somehow that it was going to happen, so I had an odd moment to think about the whole thing, even mental self defense, so just after it happened, I started laughing and asked please do it again, and I had a sense that someone was disappointed that I wasn't terrified.
Nothing happened like that ever again.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

What I experienced was not any type of hallucination! I was wide awake when these invisible hands grabbed my ankles and pulled me down to the foot of the bed. I felt the hands but didn't see what it was.
I was young when this happened. Hasn't happened again.

edit on 7/19/2014 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have experienced hands clasping my lower legs and tugging forcefully every time I log on to ATS.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
What I experienced was not any type of hallucination! I was wide awake when these invisible hands grabbed my ankles and pulled me down to the foot of the bed. I felt the hands but didn't see what it was.

its not possible for you to make this determination. If your brain is in an altered state, you cannot asses what is real or not real, what perspective will you judge from? Hypnogognia happens in stage 1 sleep, where its common for people to believe that they are still awake as these “paranormal” experiences happen to them. What the reality is though, is that the brain is starting to fall asleep, and the chemicals that make you dream start altering your perception. Again, if your perception is altered, you are not in a position to judge if your perception is altered. That's sort of like saying you can tell me what the moon looks like accurately while looking through a broken telescope.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

I was young when this happened. Hasn't happened again.

Hello Sled.

Mine wasn't either.I was awake too when it happened. Hypnagognic halluciniation does not explain how I actually ended up on the floor!
I woke up one night in the 80s to my bed being lifted, then tilted in a way that I slid right off it.
Scared the hell out of me as a child. I ended up sleeping on the couch in the living room. As a child I didn't know anything about cleansing homes and naughty spirits, etc.

My advise for the OP would be to learn some shielding / protection visualization techniques. Something is trying to get his/her attention, and not in a good way.
edit on 19/7/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
or

It could be a demonic attack
These things are very common and related to spiritual attacks, that cant really be denied.

A simple and effective solution to ending sleep paralysis, it really is...but
it involves calling out to Jesus to release you when under the demonic control.
dontaskthatinchurch.blogspot.com.au...

No doubt works when you are being pulled from your bed, think about that, some scientist telling people it isnt happening when it is.
If you feel something is controlling you, try calling out to Jesus to set you free.

What have you to lose.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Me too! Wide awake, surfing ATS when BAM!

Someone's pulling my leg.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue
I once had a patient call my boss and swear up, down, and sideways that I had left the lab in the middle of the study, and to prove it he had removed all this electrodes and laid awake in the bed all night without them.

Imagine his shock when I pulled up 8 hours of data on the computer, 8 hours of notes I had made, plus 8 hours of video/audio recording that none of what he thought happened actually happened.

Your brain is a powerful thing, through which you perceive reality, when its perception is altered you cannot know what reality is.

Now with that in mind, and after reading about hypnogognia, I challenge you to go look around the web at the percentage of 'paranormal' experiences that start out with “I was laying in bed and...”, “I woke up and...”, or “I was meditating and...” So my point is to eliminate the obvious before blaming the paranormal.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5
My dear defcon5,

I will very politely agree to disagree with you on this one.
I've had too many paranormal experiences (some also with witnesses) in my life.
I'm not here to convince anyone, I was merely sharing one of my own "much milder" experiences.

edit on 19/7/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue
You know what, so have I.
But anything that happens when you're sleeping is suspect, and the greater chance is that its NOT paranormal, but rather your brain playing tricks on you.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
astral/etheric disconnecting going a bit awkward. Read into and try some more consciousness disconnecting techniques before getting to sleep.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join