It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News, NBC/MSNBC Shows 60% False Statements - PunditFact ‘Scorecards’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
PunditFact, a spinoff of the popular PolitiFact, last week launched a batch of “scorecards” that rate news channels on truth. The results, in three quick screenshots:

Source : www.washingtonpost.com...

And if someone do real journalism they kick them out.

edit on 19-7-2014 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2014 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Im not surprised one bit.

I never listen to the US networks at all, or the BBC. They are full of BS.

Unfortunately the alternative media sites are getting just as bad. They are all biased in one direction or another.

Would be great to have a truly impartial alternative media site.....but alas, this is not to be either.

Does anyone know of an alternative media site that just gives us the news without opinion? Any site that offers opinions cannot be trusted to give the FULL news.

For example......

We have many anti israel sites publishing stories against Isreali actions but not writing about Hamas storing their weapons in the schools and residential properties, telling citizens NOT to evacuate. Insinuating all isrealis are zionists.
We have pro Isreal sites focussing on the atrocities of Hamas and ignoring the Isreali atrocities. Insinuating that all palestinians are terrorists. Ignoring the blatant slaughter of innocents.

We need impartial independant alternative news. We have nothing we can trust at the moment. Only choose those sites that fit with our world view and never learning about the other side of the story. We see the hostility here on ATS....this is the problem, nobody these days are willing to accept that there are other sides to EVERY story. They just stick to the sites that they share views with.....ensuring you keep very closed minded about events around the world.

If people dont start realising this soon we will have another world war. Ignorance is blaming everything on one side and never admitting there are bad people everywhere, on all sides of every conflict. Wars attract bad people.
edit on 19-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

People these days are too frightened of being wrong, it affects their self esteem......absolutley pathetic, we have no balls anymore. None of us. We argue and throw insults....simply because we are ALL being taken for a ride.

Its especially worrying to see this on ATS on a daily basis....we are supposed to think out of the box, but looking at the way people argue on here is seems quite clear people are unwilling to lay blame on all sides. Better for our self esteem to join a side, we have people to back us up and we feel more powerful. Lying to ourselves just to make us feel more important and even worse...insulting others.

It's the perfect recipe for conflict and a hell of a lot of people on ATS have fallen for it.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
"propaganda"

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I recently heard a report on public radio about this very topic. They cited three sources for their story, one of them being the Pew Foundation.
They claimed that (despite what your PunditFact report says) these studies have shown that CNN and FOX are the most "factual", with MSNBC being the least "factual". CNN edged out FOX for the top spot.

News Reporting

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Another RT anchor goes belly up in protest over spewing false Government approved propaganda and now this.

Are we having fun yet?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
So when watching Fox you can flip a coin, and any given statement will be either completely false, or at best half-false?

Why does anybody watch this network?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I don't know how anybody could trust any network, much less just one. it seems that there is a small pool of writers that write for them all and just email it out.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
So when watching Fox you can flip a coin, and any given statement will be either completely false, or at best half-false?

Why does anybody watch this network?

You can say the same about CNN and especially MSNBC.

Watching any of them and letting them dictate how you think is a sign of a weak mind.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Watching any of them and letting them dictate how you think is a sign of a weak mind.

Amen to that.

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think."
Adolf Hitler

"It is the absolute right of the State to supervise the formation of public opinion."
Joseph Goebbels

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
But i don't think this thread will trend on homepage as RT thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
No outrage here on ATS as compare to RT episode

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I have been watching the MSM for the last couple of days to see where the agenda lies. I noticed Israel is the good guys. The Russians are the bad guys. Along with Hamas.

The biggest thing I noticed is that all the MSM are demonizing Obama for being a worthless leader. Just last year they were all making him out to be like a god. This year they are trying to destroy him.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy
I have been watching the MSM for the last couple of days to see where the agenda lies. I noticed Israel is the good guys. The Russians are the bad guys. Along with Hamas.

The biggest thing I noticed is that all the MSM are demonizing Obama for being a worthless leader. Just last year they were all making him out to be like a god. This year they are trying to destroy him.

What disturb me most is good people don't outraged whether its on streets or here on ATS.

Its our fault who let them messed our perceptions.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Notice that none of the ratings include statements made by politicians or paid spokesmen on the air. I'm sure the pants on fire numbers would all get quite a boost from that.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Skorpy

They see public opinion changing. People are Finally starting to wake up to the damage being done and the MSM just want to jump on the ratings bandwagon.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy

I cut the cable with the exception of internet. But I'm of the opinion that Fox is backing Israel, with the occasional truth, while the others do tear jerking pieces with the occasional truth. And pretty much all of them are slanted against Russia.

I'm talking about the newscasts, not the talking heads shows (or as they like to call themselves "Talk Show" pundits) like Hannity or Maddow, etc.
edit on 19-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The results are in: virtually no one trusts the scripted mainstream media. We’ve known it for years, but a new Gallup poll shows that a whopping 77% of Americans distrust mainstream media television.

link

I think more current date is more damning for cable news and network news.

Much of what we view is news entertainment and not news.

Out of the main stream news I watch cnn the most, but I take everything with a grain of salt as they are all biased in some way.

Alternative news is worst they are mostly completely biased right or left. But the young turks are entertaining but none the less agenda driven.

But according to the op source 61% of the news on fox news is not true thats huge!!

46% of ms/nbc are not true

With cnn 18% as untrue!

Wow corporate media sucks but it sucks more when foreign owned!!!
edit on 19-7-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Notice that none of the ratings include statements made by politicians or paid spokesmen on the air. I'm sure the pants on fire numbers would all get quite a boost from that.

This would be a great idea for a website, rating politicians on there lies. I haven't found a site like that yet. People need to know if there trusted news source is honest or agenda driven.

or is this another hoax?
edit on 25-7-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

top topics

join