It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish Protestors Just Took The Israeli Embassy, Raised Palestinian Flag…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

The Turkish people took to the streets in support of the Gazan civilians being attacked by the Israeli Defense Forces.

Only hours after Israel announce a ground offensive in Gazan, protestors in Istanbul stormed the gates of the Israeli embassy in Turkey.

As we speak, the Israeli embassy is burning. The extent of the damage is not yet confirmed.

The protestors have replaced the Israeli flag with the Palestinian flag.

Source [WITH VIDEO]

Things are starting to get ugly. It seems Turkey will get involved in this large scandal.

Anyone else have any other news or sources related to this?

In my opinion, I'm against both sides, but mainly against Israel. They're actions are basically Genocide...

What are your thoughts?

Also to add (Off Topic), Anonymous Hackers Leak Most Comprehensive List of Gazan Civilian Deaths
countercurrentnews.com...
The majority of the people there are very young. Could it be propaganda to cause more hatred towards Israel?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo
I am not surprised about the People in Turkey making this protest.

Israel needs to learn it is not simply above the law of this world and bombing civilians is not their answer because it looks uncomfortably like they are deliberately culling Palestinians as though they were an animal pest, on a regular basis.

Israel was quick enough to make the point about holocaust activities when it concerned Jews but it is morally hypocritical for it as a country ever to be seen doing the same thing to a a group of other people, no matter what excuse they use.

This is also something that Jewish teachings need clarification on as the Talmud says its fine to mistreat anyone who is goy - eg not a Jew and as this racial principle is in a so-called holy document taught to all Jewish children, this needs to be dealt with by the Jews themselves to show they do not follow its teachings. Common sense tells us that if we all following the view 'an eye for an eye' the whole world would pretty much be blind by now and some people have got to drag themselves into today and leave the past and its ancient hatreds where they belongs back in the desert.

There is no point in discussing the Palestinian situation and their responsibility in this situation here, as the thread is about the repercussions of theJewish actions around the world. I do suspect, although I have not seen it on my tv that there are protests like this going on in many country's.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Few protesters doesn´t present the whole country. By looking at the pictures you can clearly see these protesters are more fundamentalists than turkish people in general.
Its kinda absurd this kind of anti zionist behavior calling on books of thousands years old teaching inequality when their own book Quran teaches just a same.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Considering israels history of ignoring international laws and accords .. maybe this will give them the hint that the world is tired of israels actions ..

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Perhaps you have answered your own point because don't both parties involved rely on ancient,antiquated hate teachings from the desert? You can't help noticing that the rest of the world has moved on and pretty much lives in the 'today' real time.

What effects us all is the repercussions around the world from their individual acts which we are all totally sick of, but know that a solution for the wrong done to the Palestinian refugees and people left in Israel/Palestine has to be addressed and its a solution that both parties appear to have refused to face.

Isn't it time the UN or whoever decided to draw up a two state solution and the truculent peoples involved made to live by it. Both sides know they are caught up in a stale mate, Israel and Hammas know they rely on outside aid in order to live so some real diplomacy needs to come out before this rot is allowed to poison the rest of the world.

Its not about respecting ancient religions and their dictates or different peroples claims, its about living in the world today with a workable solution and prison for those who refuse to work it and are through this refusal involving the rest of the world.

We need a solution now, not the simple continuance of a sickness that boils away and away and pollutes everywhere.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Anyone that is on the **** end of the apartheid stick is going to strike out. I'm not in favor of indiscriminate attacks, but otoh, I think most of you would do the same thing if you were in their situation.

The Israeli government has systematically destroyed and oppressed a people. It's a nation-state version of when a child is abused and then grows up to become an abuser. I don't know if it really works that way or not, but maybe it does.

Added note: Looks like # is possibly beginning to hit the fan. We've talked about it for years and years. Is this what it looks like?
edit on 19-7-2014 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
When I saw this article I was amazed this isn't bigger news. Especially from Americas, your rabies like focus on Benghazi being American soil and the president not defending it rah rah rah... made me think, how is it Israels embassy being

Then, looking at the photos, it doesn't look like they have occupied anything. The flag pole is outside the building on the ground, so flying the flag is nothing major - there's a little bit of smoke on the ground, but the lights are on and there are no smashed windows. not hard to throw a burning tyre over the fence.

the Israeli embassy is burnin

might just be a little bit premature!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
An embassy is a part of the sovereign nation it represents and attacking one is an act of war.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
An embassy is a part of the sovereign nation it represents and attacking one is an act of war.

Kinda of like when Zionists bombed the British embassy in 1946? Was that an act of war?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I highly doubt Turkey will get involved as a Nation or anyone else that "matters" on a global stage.

Here is the reason why

We are tired, nobody wants to die over this sick sad part of the world, even Jews and Muslims around the world are starting not to care anymore, it never ends, personally I no longer even muster an emotional reaction to anything that goes on in the region.

It ends badly, we all have always known it would end badly deep in our hearts. In a worst case scenario it escalates and everything from Iran to Israel is a wasteland, Maybe it just stops with the end of the Palestinians and slowly over a few decades things stabilize or something in-between...

I have always had the feeling and people in here can talk about "illuminati" and "new world orders" but I have always felt the rest of the worlds powers know there won't be a global civilization while religious mania runs amok... maybe it's just as simple as nobody cares anymore, let them kill themselves... I don't know.

I do know however, this doesn't end well but all the rest of us want it over and if over a couple of years it ends, even if horribly people will be sad, but glad it's finally over. I don't think the world power will go at each other over it, I think it will serve as a lesson and become part of the history books...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

I highly doubt Turkey will get involved as a Nation or anyone else that "matters" on a global stage.

Turkish Prime Minister ain't happy

“We have been witnessing this systematic genocide every Ramadan since 1948,” said Erdogan, in reference to Israel’s intensifying attacks on the Gaza strip.

Sounds like he is not content with Israels actions

He also blamed the Muslim world for its lacking response to the crisis in Gaza, claiming that “some Islamic countries are content with what is happening in Palestine today”.

The Turkish foreign Minister

Erdogan’s comments come a day after Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu called the Israeli air strike campaign “ethnic cleansing and a crime against humanity”.

www.newsweek.com...

They might end up involved yet.....

edit on 19-7-2014 by sosobad because: add link

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Good for the turks, the sidelines is no place to be.
The terrorists would have their land as well.
And all of the apologists say the others over there don't care for the Palestinians...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

I wouldn't put up a debate fight on the topic, just trusting my gut here, in reality anything can happen.

Undoubtedly strong emotions will be raised, but words are words and at the end of the day turkey is a member of Nato and Israel has a lot of Nukes, the man even echoes my sentiment "some Islamic countries are content" and there is truth in that statement... There are fanatics and then there are people who don't want ruined lives in the Islamic world just like anywhere else.

is there a threat of Israeli "expansion" into the greater Middle east if this situation were to come to end even if in a terrible way? No. If you attack Israel with full force will the retribution be Nuclear... yes, will you be thrown out of Nato maybe...

All i'm saying is, Turkey isn't an insane nation, if I was in charge I wouldn't loose Istanbul and maybe ties with Europe over Palestine when in reality if the conflict ends Israel is never going to mess with Turkey

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This is what should be done at Israeli embassies all over the world, especially America and Canada.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo

but mainly against Israel. They're actions are basically Genocide...

What are your thoughts?

I think your correct

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Glad to see this. Hopefully, we will see the same things start happening in Egypt and Syria. Iran too. Then maybe they can all get together and stop the genocide of the Palestinians. Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Not surprising to be honest. The recent Turkish attitude of Israel rolls from the top down, even the Turkish PM is openly calling Israel a terrorist state.

Turkish PM accuses Israel of ‘state terrorism’

If Turkey has had enough of Israel then the rest of the Middle East may be following suit. Whose next, Egypt?
edit on 19-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Do remember that Erdogan is running for re-election and is highly reliant on a more conservative voter bloc for his support in Turkey. My reading of his swagger here is that it's all bark and no bite, positioning for the polls, and will be forgotten as soon as he achieves re-election.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo

The Turkish people took to the streets in support of the Gazan civilians being attacked by the Israeli Defense Forces.

Only hours after Israel announce a ground offensive in Gazan, protestors in Istanbul stormed the gates of the Israeli embassy in Turkey.

As we speak, the Israeli embassy is burning. The extent of the damage is not yet confirmed.

The protestors have replaced the Israeli flag with the Palestinian flag.

Source [WITH VIDEO]

Things are starting to get ugly. It seems Turkey will get involved in this large scandal.

Anyone else have any other news or sources related to this?

In my opinion, I'm against both sides, but mainly against Israel. They're actions are basically Genocide...

What are your thoughts?

Also to add (Off Topic), Anonymous Hackers Leak Most Comprehensive List of Gazan Civilian Deaths
countercurrentnews.com...
The majority of the people there are very young. Could it be propaganda to cause more hatred towards Israel?

What does "basically genocide" mean?

Please expand on this with facts.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

I agree with you, Turkey has had over 60 years to care - and haven't yet. Don't figure they will decide to care today.

But, its really past time someone cared... seriously, way past time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join