It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howdy from Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: USExpat

Welcome to ATS!

Great intro!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shakawkaw

So, maybe it was 1999 that I first discovered this site I was reading Skunk Work by Ben Rich and somehow ended up here, been checking on and off for years...especially when the world is in crazy mode like it is now...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well it doesn't bother me you mixed up the dates. I'm terrible for that myself. Did the same thing with my age.

People pick up on descrepencies fairly easy around here though. Once you try to tell us something in the future, there are those who will dig this up.

I'm not sure skunk works was a forum when I joined either. Again, I'm not sure.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

when i was stationed in Germany i fell in love with a Russian nurse named Julia junker however she insisted it was pronounced "yunker" i remember waking up from surgery to her man, she couldn't speak a lick of English but over time we taught each other many things. Your so lucky to be there if not for the women alone.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: USExpat
Hello ATS! I've been a long time lurker on ATS since the late 90's, I might have registered before but really never had any valuable input so have only observed for many years, lately ATS is pretty much the only site I visit for my news and opinions, and now in my current situation I think I might be able to provide you all with some interesting updates from the middle of Russia and also with a little first hand knowledge of the Middle East.

Little background about me, I grew up on a farm in the midwest in the middle of nowhere, I spent 4 years in the US Airforce as a crew cheif on C-141's at Travis Air Force Base, after my military service I joined an oil field equipment manufacture where I worked in both California and Texas, after 17 years I was offered a job in Dubai, and having been recently divorced I jump on the opportunity to see another part of the world. The last 7 years have been quite an eyeopener for this farm boy!

After 6 great years in Dubai (it really is a fun city despite being surrounded by a lot of crazy countries) I was offered a pretty nice position in Perm, Russia where I am now. btw... I'm sure all my internet activities are being monitered so I probably won't be here long...and thats ok with me as long as I leave in business class vs. the cargo hold!

So, what can I offer? Being so close to the action here in Ukraine and being American I get to witness a lot of opinions (few facts) from both sides of this ongoing story. I find the Western MSM and the Russian Media inconsistancies are huge and I hope that I can offer some valuable insight into what is going on here from a first hand perspective.

Anyhow, hope I can contribute some from a slightly different vantage point!

Cheers,
USExpat (aka Rob)

Howdy howdy, great to hear someone over there being proactive and trying to communicate about what's going on. I hope you continue to live safe, you are in a rough part of the world, or so I hear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join