It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howdy from Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hello ATS! I've been a long time lurker on ATS since the late 90's, I might have registered before but really never had any valuable input so have only observed for many years, lately ATS is pretty much the only site I visit for my news and opinions, and now in my current situation I think I might be able to provide you all with some interesting updates from the middle of Russia and also with a little first hand knowledge of the Middle East.

Little background about me, I grew up on a farm in the midwest in the middle of nowhere, I spent 4 years in the US Airforce as a crew cheif on C-141's at Travis Air Force Base, after my military service I joined an oil field equipment manufacture where I worked in both California and Texas, after 17 years I was offered a job in Dubai, and having been recently divorced I jump on the opportunity to see another part of the world. The last 7 years have been quite an eyeopener for this farm boy!

After 6 great years in Dubai (it really is a fun city despite being surrounded by a lot of crazy countries) I was offered a pretty nice position in Perm, Russia where I am now. btw... I'm sure all my internet activities are being monitered so I probably won't be here long...and thats ok with me as long as I leave in business class vs. the cargo hold!

So, what can I offer? Being so close to the action here in Ukraine and being American I get to witness a lot of opinions (few facts) from both sides of this ongoing story. I find the Western MSM and the Russian Media inconsistancies are huge and I hope that I can offer some valuable insight into what is going on here from a first hand perspective.

Anyhow, hope I can contribute some from a slightly different vantage point!

Cheers,
USExpat (aka Rob)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Welcome. from one noob to another. So what's going on your end?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: USExpat

Welcome! I'll be eagerly awaiting what you have to share. I'm former military and also work in the oil field.

Pladuim

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS USExpat.

So frankly I'm not sure what to make of your intro. First US Air Force,then Dubai ,then Russia. OK, you get around. From your user name it appears you've dumped the US. No judgement just an observation.

So are you posting as psyops or can you give us some info on what's going on in Ukraine, Russia, etc?

Either way, again welcome. See you on he boards.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Welcome Rob
Look forward to what you can share

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Yes, I get around a lot and have seen places in the past years that I had never heard of 10 years ago, living as an expat has been the greatest education of my life!

I haven't completely given up on the US, I still own property there and still pay my taxes, although being an expat I pay less...rightfully so in my opinion since I only spend about 10 days a year visiting family. But I left the US in July of 2008 and when Obama was elected president I swore I would not live on US soil as long as he was in office. In hindsight...I was correct in my thinking that this man would destroy the America I once loved and from the outside looking in, he has done just that.

As for insight I can provide, I am gathering news sources from both sides (local news you can't get in the US as well) and will post my thoughts on the latest developments in a few days.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Interesting side note...probably has been posted here before, but a lot of Russians I live around subscribe to the profecies of Baba Vanga, if you haven't read her predictions its worth a bit of time...I always thought she was a crazy old babushka but now I'm not so sure

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Welcome to the site. I hope they don't start censoring you or toss you in the Jail there. Make sure not to do too much to piss someone off.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: USExpat
a reply to: Bassago

Yes, I get around a lot and have seen places in the past years that I had never heard of 10 years ago, living as an expat has been the greatest education of my life!

I haven't completely given up on the US, I still own property there and still pay my taxes, although being an expat I pay less...rightfully so in my opinion since I only spend about 10 days a year visiting family. But I left the US in July of 2008 and when Obama was elected president I swore I would not live on US soil as long as he was in office. In hindsight...I was correct in my thinking that this man would destroy the America I once loved and from the outside looking in, he has done just that.

As for insight I can provide, I am gathering news sources from both sides (local news you can't get in the US as well) and will post my thoughts on the latest developments in a few days.

Welcome to the Fold,,,,,, Really,,, OH, You Need:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

YES! I need this to go along with my Infidel T-shirt I wore under my dress shirts in Dubai

edit on 19-7-2014 by USExpat because: My spelling is horrible

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Lurker since late 90's?

Was ATS a website or group before 2003?

Anyway, how many times have you flown in a jet? If not, how many times in a C 141? You been in combat?

Respect for you to have been in the Force. Although i don't condone violence.
edit on 19-7-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

Ahhh but i do condone defense.
edit on 19-7-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: thirdcoast
Lurker since late 90's?

Was ATS a website or group before 2003?

Uhhhh.... hi. bye.

I don't believe so either, when I first joined in 2004 the site was so archaic navigating was the Pitts.

For the OP, although I crack jokes and make genuine comments regarding my freedoms, I'm well aware I wouldn't get away with half the # I say here, in Russia. To be in Russia as an American while hostilities are high is one thing, to be critical of them would be another. Assuming of course, that's your intent.

Welcome to ATS. May your stay be long and shill free.

edit on 19-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
"Howdy from Russia"

Clever title.
edit on 19-7-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

OK...so maybe it was early 2000's, I thought I had been on this site shortly after I moved from California to Texas and that was 1997, I remember being very intersted in Area 51 after driving by there on my way to Texas...but my memory isn't what it used to be...I could be off by as much as 5 years for sure...in fact I spent an entire year thinking I was 36 when I was actually 35...years are sometimes a blur

I have flown in commercial aircraft more than a million miles in my life, really no idea at this point but a lot! in C141's, C-5's and C-130's I only flew a few dozen times as I was ground based crew cheif (mechanic). I never saw combat and was never stationed outside the US. I am also a private pilot having got my PPL in a 1968 Piper Cherokee that I co-owned with a friend on July 25, 2003 but I haven't flown much since moving overseas.

Cheers,
USExpat
edit on 19-7-2014 by USExpat because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I don't intend to be critical of Russia, I am crazy but not stupid

In fact...for the record, Russia is awesome, Putin is the best..hmm what else would they want to hear...I love it here!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS ! We have Expats living all over the place ! Some comment and some stay quite until something pisses them off or they have some breaking news. Look forward to your post. I cannot believe a California/Texas kinda guy can put up with the winters in Russia ! Definitely more adapted than myself... Burrrr!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yeah, going from Cali to Texas and then hot Dubai where it often hit +48C then to Russia where the coldest I felt this year was -38C was not easy! Even today it is only +16 so not even close to a nice warm summer that I am used to!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Welcome USExpat...!
Seems that some do not understand that US Citizens working for international companies...when sent overseas/internationally for assignment...are known, colloquially, as ExPats...in the nations/communities where they are located/stationed.
If I am wrong...you can correct me, or...just leave it as is...
Hope you're safe and well.
Hope you get to return...if you wish...
Will look into Baba Vanga...
Good Luck - looking forward to your insights!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Privet .. erm.. welcome .. open up the vodka and enjoy your visit ..
Also.. remember.. the cute girls all work for kgb ..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join