It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney The Living Embodiment Of Eisenhower's Greatest Fear

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So let me get this straight.

Just because Bush and Cheny didnt start the downward spiral that makes them innocent and ok?

Surely if they continue with the corrupt and crappy policy's of the government before and add to them that makes them just as guilty? Same with Obama and the next president if he carry s on with the crap Obama,Bush and Clinton set in motion?

Which comes to the point, Democrats or Republicans what's the point? They both are as evil as each other.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yo if you are going to condemn those two condemn them all.

Start with Carter, then Reagan, the Bush 1, then CLinton, then Bush 2, then the current guy.

Until then I am calling this what it is: Selective outrage.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: crazyewok

Yo if you are going to condemn those two condemn them all.

Start with Carter, then Reagan, the Bush 1, then CLinton, then Bush 2, then the current guy.

Until then I am calling this what it is: Selective outrage.

Read above I have codemed them all.

I do it again in case you missed it.

I condemn not just all Presidents since Reagan but since Roosevelt. I also condemn the next president republican or Democrat that carry s on the same destructive policy's.

Happy?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
So, all of us, rep, dem , ind, agree that we want to go a different direction? What? What do we all have in common? I am voting for an independent here in Wash State, named Dave Wilson. He will be running against Cathy McMorris Rodgers, her 6th term. For the first time, there is a lot of interest in eastern WA to get her out.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Cheney is the Prince of Darkness in the flesh. He is an abomination unto God, man, and Jinn.

He is someone even the devil don’t want.

He is a puppet of the first order of ALL the wicked, murderous defense contractors who darken the world with the kind of weaponry that took that plane down. They profit off of the blood and sweat of the youth of this world, who fight these stupid wars, like vampires suck the blood of babes.

Indeed…he sucks the blood of the youth of the world who naively fight and die and kill for old stupid, ignorant, and evil men like Cheney.

May God soon give him what he has deserves.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

If you don't realize the FACT that the "Patriot Act" marked a huge turning point in the fascistization of America, under your buddies Bush and Cheney, and of course also what many believe now to be the reason for letting 911 occur, there is really no point in continuing the conversation with you........if you are going to compare Cheney to Carter.........no one is going to take you seriously

edit on 19-7-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

If you don't realize the FACT that the "Patriot Act" marked a huge turning point in the fascistization of America, under your buddies Bush and Cheney, and of course also what many believe now to be the reason for letting 911 occur, there is really no point in continuing the conversation with you........if you are going to compare Cheney to Carter.........no one is going to take you seriously

And the point is ?

I LOVE the fact that some people are CLEARLY IGNORING the FISA ACT, and the omnibus counterterrorism ACT.

Hell I can add one more:

The ACA's data hub

www.usatoday.com...

I have had ENOUGH of the GD 'FAUX' outrage.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Cenk Uygur nailed it. Cheney is the epitome of a self-serving corporate stooge. The Republican party is following suit with Cheney and Karl Rove.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If you read Eisenhowers whole speech and look at all the things he warns the US against. Its as if someone made a list of his warnings and figured out how to make them become the norm in the US citizens mind. Either he knew trouble was brewing behind the scenes in these areas or he was remarkable at predicting the future.

Just imagine how great this country would be now if we had real leaders the past half century instead of puppets playing the part (poorly i might add) of leaders.

As i sit watching my five year old daughter sleep it is extremely depressing and infuriating thinking of the future of this nation.
edit on 20-7-2014 by Strictsum because: thought of something else

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

WHAT THE HELL has the WELFARE INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX done ?

WHAT ?

Oh, I don't know, keep the citizenry alive? Would you have it that we're a nation of homeless and disenfranchised people? I bet you're the type that would deny a homeless person a hot meal, aren't you.

You judge a nation by the poorest among them, not the wealthiest. I suppose it never occurred to you that Cheney's fanaticism towards the MIC is because he personally benefits from the relationship? Why wouldn't he be the MIC biggest lobbyist? He makes money from government spending for Christ's sake! We have a fox in the henhouse, all camped out, spitfire roasting some hens and laughing at you.

A better question would be, why do you hate your fellow Americans? Are your pro-military industrial views based upon some personal benefit? Are you biased before the argument even begins? Or do you only see a select few as "actual Americans" and everyone else is just a freeloader, despite their constitutional rights, which on your skewed perspective are just a technicality to be overlooked, if not completely ignored.

As for Eisenhower's statement in regards to requiring a strong military deterrent, this does not equate having a MIC that answers to no one and that oversteps it's authority, abuses it's power, and is placed before the welfare of any living American citizen.

The American people are the foundation for ALL industries or organizations here. The well being of the people MUST take precedence before anything else, or what exactly are we fighting for? The right to die for our nation, which we love so much, but cares not at all for us?

You're as Anti-American as it gets. You're a pro-corporatist / industrialist. If you don't love your fellow American indiscriminately and place their well-being in the highest level of importance, you are simply just a tool and mouthpiece of an industrial complex that feeds it's own and cares nothing for the people from which it's own spring from.

In short, if you don't care about the well being of the common American Man and Woman, you sir are a traitor of the highest order, and should be led to the gallows because of your greed and willingness to serve industry while undermining the interests of the citizenry, all under the guise of "defending America".

Let me re-iterate.

You are a traitor to the American people.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills>>> I had a good laugh when Cheney bad mouthed Obama. Who was he trying to fool? Sometimes I think Cheney is still in a bunker deep under the White House manipulating Obama just as he did Bush. Hillary probably covers his breaks and days off.
Obama is being manipulated and in the employ of the same people that pulled Bush's strings. I think Bush was a little higher in the pecking order and had a little more freedom to think and direct his personal affairs, he was more of a willing player. Obama is just owned completely and considered a stooge by those in control of him. They created him and pushed him to where he is and the only positive is that we've seen that he just doesn't have the sales appeal they thought he would. He's a cretin.
Next up we have Hillary or Jeb Bush, so expect the exact same abuse of power and destruction of the country we've had the past 20 years. Or maybe we have that fat sell out Chris Christy, although I think he'd run only just to throw the election to Hillary and get a senatorship out of the deal. Luckily Hillary looks to be getting pretty dowdy and senile so maybe she'll never make it. But then that leaves Jeb Bush, same exact nightmare scenario.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Where is your "good"? And define "good" because obviously it differs from mine. "Qui ne dit mot consent."

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: _damon

Where is your "good"?
I don't know if I want to tackle that subject with someone that has 666 comments under their name!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If we wouldn't have made a mess out of the world after WW2 we wouldn't need to spend trillions policing it. Israel should have never been aloud to exist. Vietnam should have never happen. I could go on and on. Our foreign policy for the past 60 or 70 years has been a complete and utter failure. Installing dictators and invading countries under false pretenses we do what ever we want as long as it fits our agenda. We sure have a lot of blood on our hands all in the name of spreading our idea democracy. We saved the world from Hitler and in turn became the evil we once fought against.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Considering that you're the same user who absurdly kept trying to argue that weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq, I'm not particularly inclined to take anything seriously that you try to say about Dick Cheney - in fact I think you are Dick Cheney.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

I don't take anyone who has never read the GD Iraq war resolution seriously.

But hey why let FACTS get in the way of making posters the topic.

The resolution cited many factors to justify the use of military force against Iraq:[2][3] Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 ceasefire agreement, including interference with U.N. weapons inspectors. Iraq "continuing to possess and develop a significant chemical and biological weapons capability" and "actively seeking a nuclear weapons capability" posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region." Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population." Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people". Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the 1993 assassination attempt on former President George H. W. Bush and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War. Members of al-Qaeda, an organization bearing responsibility for attacks on the United States, its citizens, and interests, including the attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, are known to be in Iraq. Iraq's "continu[ing] to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations," including anti-United States terrorist organizations. Iraq paid bounty to families of suicide bombers. The efforts by the Congress and the President to fight terrorists, and those who aided or harbored them. The authorization by the Constitution and the Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism. The governments in Turkey, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia feared Saddam and wanted him removed from power. Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement. The resolution "supported" and "encouraged" diplomatic efforts by President George W. Bush to "strictly enforce through the U.N. Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq" and "obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security Council to ensure that Iraq abandons its strategy of delay, evasion, and noncompliance and promptly and strictly complies with all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq."

en.wikipedia.org...

Looks like there was more than one reason there.

Oh look at what these people say:

online.wsj.com...

WikiLeaks Show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq – With Surprising Results

'Terrorist Groups' in Iraq Have Seized Nuclear Materials, Iraq’s UN Ambassador Said

For a place that is said not to have them.

Strange that they do.

And there there is this:

The 'absurdity' here is that some people keep parroting a political talking point that was designed for no reason but to put the current guy, and his party in power.

edit on 20-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Those nuclear materials you linked absolutely does not fall the WMD category being that 88 pounds of non weaponized Uranium was stolen from a university. Unfortunately the terrorist now have the makings for a dirty bomb.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You already posted all that in threads about Iraq's supposed weapons of mass destruction. Incidentally none of that has anything to do with the topic of this thread.

You embarrassed yourself in those threads and are well on your way to embarrassing yourself in this one, without any input from me.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I can't believe you are just posting the same old stuff that was discredited in other threads.

Haven't you got anything new?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Have a look at page 7 of this thread

Seem familiar?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join