It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was the Malaysian plane flying over a known trouble spot anyway?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

It had nothing to so with not caring. The biggest threat until about a week ago was the MANPADS. The highest reaching missile from a MANPADS that I remember seeing is 28,000 feet. Normal cruise is over 30,000, so it wasn't a problem to be safe from one.

ICAO hadn't posted any changes to the threat in the area, so the airlines continued to fly over it, and everyone thought they would be ok. This hasn't been a conflict lie Syria, or Iraq. It's been fairly low level, so no one thought something like this was likely. Even in Syria international air corridors were recognized and protected.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Apollumi

If you look at their filled flight plan it took them straight over the Ukraine. They were actually a little south of their filed plan. This wasn't a case of then being off course.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Whatever, they will be out of business soon now. They can never survive this... Probably the last we will be hearing in regards to Malaysia Airlines... in Fact, i'm never even going to go to Malaysia after this, i'd be afraid to get on a Trolley car over there now let alone a plane

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
the usual route for malaysian airlines before that day was southren route safe from the warzone.

at the day of the shotdown , the ukrainian air traffic controller ordered the malaysian airlines to 1) reroute / divert their flightpath DIRECTLY over conflict zone and 2) to LOWER their altitutde despite the pilot requesting higher altitude and no other plane using the route.

coincidence ? it is pure murder that was planned by Kiev on the tacit approval by CIA designed to smear russians. What kind of nation would kill innocent civilians just for propaganda purposes ? hint : the same country who illegally invade iraq and killed 2 million of innocent civilians..

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Is there a possibility you are wrong? Were you there? Are you active in the military? Do you have sources? Are your sources military personnel?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I understand what your saying, but really, business and profits come first.
You don't think flying over a country that's at war is somewhat risky?

I think it's a terribly tragic accident. I don't think it was done on purpose.
It was a mistake to have fired at it, and a mistake to fly over a warn zone.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

edit on 18-7-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

What was the reason given to LOWER altitude? I've not heard of that detail, just the diversion.

Am I wrong to think a plane might descend to fly under a lightning storm?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Wow, 8 years on ATS and you think this was an acceident?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: thirdcoast

you talking to me??

I guess this proves you can't brainwash people to either side.

I've been on here long enough to know things can get silly around here too.

ETA

it didn't show reply to violet when I saw your post.

Now I see you only just joined. So there you go. I rest my case.
edit on 19-7-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

you talking to me??

I guess this proves you can't brainwash people to either side.

I've been on here long enough to know things can get silly around here too.

ETA

it didn't show reply to violet when I saw your post.

Now I see you only just joined. So there you go. I rest my case.

ETA. Part 2
How did you edit your post without showing you did???
I quoted you and I didn't stick those big ass question marks in. There was no reply to me in your post either.

EDIT: I had two posts, violet.

Yeah, i know how to edit posts.. not my first rodeo.

And come to think of it, you could be right. I wasn't there. I'm not seeing or living any travesties, but taxes.
edit on 19-7-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast
No worries.
I saw you had another post above, the order of posts got a bit messed up

Who knows what really happened.

Wonder when they will find the mh370 missing plane .....

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

You are indeed right IMHO, nobody thought that the separatists had a SAM that could be a threat to aircraft over 30,000.

If this was a mis-targeted missile would it be possible that the missile system couldn't identify what the aircraft was in the first place.

The system seemed to be an older version of the Buk system - is it possible that it wasn't able to identify it's squwaking?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

They were not ordered to change course at any point. They filed a flightplan from the start that took them over the Ukraine.

www.flightradar24.com...

The red line was the filed flight plan. They were not ordered over Ukraine, they filed it that way.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

www.flightradar24.com...

The red line is the filed flight plan, the blue line is the actual flight path.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

flightaware.com...

They didn't get a lower altitude, they actually climbed as they were going over the Ukraine. They started at 31,000 feet, which was the lower limit for flying over the country, and climbed up to 33,000 feet before they were hit.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

The operator would have to check for an IFF signal. If he didn't he wouldn't know if it was a commercial or military flight.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
the malaysian pilot was ordered to fly that route by ukraine air traffic control. when the pilot asked for higher altitute (presumably the pilot knew the route is dangerous) , the ATC refused the pilot's request. Malaysian Airlines pilots are ex military and they knew the dangers of flying above warzone. they should refuse the route and move south like the route they usually given.

is it coincidence that it is malaysian airlines again, rerouted above warzone, refused higher altitude and then shotdown by ukrainian military for the purpose of propaganda against russia ?

theres no such thing as coincidence , especially not when CIA have its own operation center inside Ukraine Intelligence service..

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Then how do you explain the filed flightplan that showed them going right over the Ukraine. The one that was filed before they took off, and long before they ever talked to Ukrainian ATC.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

i also amazed some people cannot add the pieces together and see the falseflag waving like mad..

the illegal israeli invasion into gaza with its armor rolling in unopposed killing civilians is already forgotten... nice timing by the way, hitting the malaysian airlines and rolling into gaza.. great coordinations CIA/MOSSAD.. i
m sure there will be witnesses who saw a group of israelis hooting and clapping when the malaysian airlines fell..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join