It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans “Welcome” Obama to Delaware With Their Backs to Him

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Furthermore, conservatives often tout that the democrats were against the end of segregation, which is true, but republican and democratic ideals have vastly changed since then, a republican from that era would be called a rino and drummed out of the party by Sarah Palin.
edit on 19-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: ChiefD

And a politician is worthy of respect why?

You did the fighting and bleeding for pointless silly wars wars while the president,congressmen+family sat in comfy offices in saftey being paid stupidly high wages to lie to and cheat the public, to argue amongst themselfs and run the economy into the ground while eating in 5 star restraunts and siping champaigm while you in some crap hole desert living on crapy rations, being shot at and watching freinds get killed and injured and let me get this straight you actually want to salute and show respect to these and I use the term losely "people". Would you take a bullet for them too like a good little drone?

Politicians are the most easly expendable and replaceble people, get rid of 1 and there are a dozen corrupt lieing pycopaths waiting to step up and take there place!

My goodness, rough crowd! I'm taking crap from all sides on my post. I used to respect you, always liked your posts. Calling me a drone is not nice, kinda tacky, and rude. I respect all who are the President of the United States, whether I agree with their policies or not. Most other politicians can rot as far as I'm concerned.

Too bad my respect for you has gone down after your rude post. Perhaps some manners and decorum will help you in the future.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

According to the story suppression is a tool so I would say correct if their vote doesn't support the attack.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

AGAIN get out more THAT is why voter ID is so HARD for the left

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Voter fraud is not an actual problem. It's a made up issue by the right. Its been debunked so often it's actually a zombie lie.

www.brennancenter.org...

mobile.nytimes.com...

m.washingtonpost.com...

Once again, you have been duped by people with an agenda.
edit on 20-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yeah, vets have it just great. Sure, a lot of money is given to the VA. Prime example of where it goes is the VA here in Shreveport. It doesn't go to these vets for their lovely free health care...it goes for stuff like many tiered parking garages, administrative offices, solar panels, and a large roof being built over a piece of land for what, don't know. As far as health care...yeah, you get to wait up to 8 months for an appointment. Get some quack that only wants to prescribe pain pills and nerve pills and send ya on your way instead of solving health issues. Great medical. When you do get sick, they have students experiment on you then send you off from ICU to a main floor with no more monitoring and IVs and such....pathway to death perhaps?

These vets may have been concerned about gun issue but it isn't all that black and white. It is about a lot more for so many vets. Tell one suffering from GWS that they don't deserve any help. Gulf War Syndrome causes horrible sickness and early death. Sure, the war was based on lies...an awful lot of young people got caught up in the emotions of the time and realized later their mistake.

Active military aren't rich. Many families have to get food stamp help. It isn't any easy life. Now, BAFB is allowing civilians into base housing. Military families are rightly upset. What civilians will be getting this housing now...immigrants? Nice. The military and Vets are considered using the system or receiving too much help but it is ok for other civilians and/or illegals/immigrants and the like. It's ok to get child support but children of vets and active military,....they should not get help of any kind. Anything affecting vets and active duty also affects their families. When one joins up, these benefits are supposed to be part of the package...now, they should be taken away? How fair is that? Sure, war is wrong and I hate all the war and violence that occurs. Mercs get paid to do the same job. I wish all this war stuff would stop. It is always about greed, control, religion or corporate interests. Unfortunately, many guys join up for supposed education benefits, for a job to support their family, for idealistic reasons that change later. Not every vet has an MOS, (Job) that involves going overseas to kill....all kinds of vets never kill and they serve in other ways. Sure, it is all a cluster ef that we even need a military but until the world changes drastically for the better, it is what it is...unfortunate.

Bad things occur and are done during war. All vets pay a price. Their victims pay a price. Nobody wins. One can be torn relevant to the vets...I can get that...yet, there are so many facets to all of it, it is not just a simple, black and white issue. Dems and Repubs...that issue is stupid as well as on many levels they are both the same faction.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The gun issue for vets starts relevant to one gun, then, more and more may be added to the list. That is the concern.

Vets suffer and bleed and mourn just like the rest of us do. The money...hard to count money with no arms or eyes or legs to take you shopping. Many times, they have to resort to OTC meds in the interim. They aren't pooping rose petals and rainbows. They have nightmares and bad days. Not all are stone cold killers. many are disabled from accidents on base at home. Most would trade the money and benefits for their health and happiness. Some VA docs and nurses are wonderful but red tape ties their hands. Most disabled vets I know would rather be well. My vet relatives and friends and I suffer lots of issues and pain. If our shores ever need active and vets, save the hate for them then...how stupid and tragic it all is. Pain today is hard for hubby and I...would trade it all.

Govt. nursing homes...free...awful and not really totally free. Us vets keep on keepin on for our families and so our own others don't give up. It is no picnic and the freebies aren't all what they are cracked up to be. Thanx for your post nighthawk. You seem to get it...wish others would think on it some more. I am having a really bad day so hope I am making sense. Pain that drops me to my knees...hubby the same. Blessings to all and take care. I wish we could all just love one another, stop the hate and wars and suffering and unkindness and cruel remarks back and forth. It all just makes things worse for all.
edit on 20-7-2014 by shrevegal because: error

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

But no gun was taken out of their hands?
If you owned one before then you can still own it if you want to buy one, you still can just not from russia. Why would we want to support them anyway?
Aside from just being stubborn, this all is rather childish.
Oh and to every one saying how hard it is to live on a soilders/marine salary, go to your local base and take a grander at the cars they drive. Maybe if they didn't spend their deployment money on their brand new pickup then it wouldn't be so hard. And if they live off base then they get a set BAH find a house that doesn't eat the whole thing and you got some more spending money. Or your married? Here is some more money for being married.
And i would love to see the source of the claim of immigrants getting to live on base housing.
The ones in financial trouble get in it from the same reasons other americans do, living outside their means trying to keep up with the Jones.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I think that is a lie too because look a BUSH HE did it.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

The way I see it is the claim that having to provide an ID to vote discriminates against blacks is BS.

They have ID to drive, or they have ID to get welfare, or the have ID to get SSI, or they have ID to get SNAP (food stamps), so having ID cannot possibly discriminate against anyone who is a legal resident.

The only reason one would insist on NOT having to provide ID to vote would be to allow for voter fraud.

To the guy that claims that voter fraud doesn't exist and is the creation of Republicans (or whatever) obviously is clueless with regards to history. There are numerous cases of dead people voting... documented and proven. This is not a silly conspiracy. It happens. To deny that is to accept ignorance blindly.

Voter fraud in Chicago resulted in Kennedy being elected president. Check it out. It happened.

Voter fraud: Presidential elections post WWII

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Wide spread voter fraud is a myth. And has been debunked loads of times.

m.newyorker.com...

www.usnews.com...

www.snopes.com...

There are a lot more. There was cases of voter registration fraud, but that's an entirely different beast.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

THE MEDIA IS COMPROMISED. THERE are people walking off CLIFFS and into DEATH because they are stuck to the TECH.
Video games screw with you PREFRONTAL cortex to where people can't rapidly adapt and make decisions. THAT was a university study that published their results.YOU THINK THEY CAN'T CONTROL VOTES?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You remind me of the saying: If you repeat something often enough, some people will actually begin to believe it.

4 things:

1) you admit there have been cases of voter registration fraud. I would ask: To what end? Why register fraudulently if not to vote fraudulently?

2) Your proof includes a piece by the NYT... heaven knows they are not known for printing outright lies. lol

3) Your links are only to specific instances (Ohio is one, 2012 election another) which do not prove in any fashion that voter fraud is a myth. Your NYT link proves nothing ... Did you bother to even peruse the link I posted?

4) Perhaps you can explain precisely why it is that having to show ID to vote is a bad thing, and the reason we should not have to.

NPR: dead people still registered

Washington Post: Zombie voters

NBC Bay Area Dead and still voting

To deny the existence of voting fraud is to deny human nature. People murder, people steal, people cheat, and yet they do not commit voter fraud? Really? ROFL

edit on 21-7-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

1) you admit there have been cases of voter registration fraud. I would ask: To what end? Why register fraudulently if not to vote fraudulently?

The people that perpetrated registration fraud did so because they were being paid per person they registered. The people did not exist at all, and therefore could not show up to vote.

2. You don't like the ny times, got it, literally thousands of links debunking the voter fraud myth.

3. Ya, specific instances, because it's that low.

4. See the gun debate. Why make new laws? Enforce the already existing laws. Isn't that the go to retort?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

If there are that many links debunking the voter fraud then please share some credible ones with us. Because like so many others have said. Stop believing everything that is spoon fed to you.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

lol you didn't bother to follow the links I posted, did you?

You did not respond whatsoever to the most damning remark I made. The one about human nature.

People murder, people steal, people cheat and yet you maintain people do not commit voter fraud? Ridiculous. I suppose you still believe in Santa Claus too.

What do gun control laws have to do with voter fraud?

You also did not explain why it is a problem to have to present ID to vote. Why would anyone think that is a problem? Because it reduces the likelihood of voter fraud significantly?

You provided zero "evidence" that voter fraud does not exist.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

The people that perpetrated registration fraud did so because they were being paid per person they registered. The people did not exist at all, and therefore could not show up to vote.

2. You don't like the ny times, got it, literally thousands of links debunking the voter fraud myth.

3. Ya, specific instances, because it's that low.

4. See the gun debate. Why make new laws? Enforce the already existing laws. Isn't that the go to retort?

In the last election cycle here in Ohio, a state that was needed by Obama to remain in office, voter fraud was rampant. Obama won my county by 1% in a county that has been republican for at least 40 years. Two people were indicted and were found guilty . One person was charged with 17 counts of voter fraud for voting for dead relatives and falsifying absentee ballots. She was only charged with 17 counts that could be proven but was suspected in hundreds. The significant part of this prosecution was she was an elections official in our county. She was sentenced to 5 years in jail to only serve 5 months. Upon her release she was greeted by Al Sharpton and celebrated their victory.

The other person found guilty was an 80 year old Catholic nunn who also voted absentee for the dead or infirmed. She was not incarcerated due to her age but was placed on probation. The number of fraudulent ballots she cast was not published.

In the Akron/Canton area, more people voted democrat than all register voters in the county IIRC. It was claimed that it was an "over-vote" whatever that is.

In Cleveland, people were paid to register to vote and people paid for registering new voters. If all of these new voters voted absentee would they have been discovered?

In the 2012 election cycle, Ohio was certainly a target for voter fraud but was it enough to change the election with Obama winning by just a few percent? Who knows but on it's face, it looks and smells fishy?

Indiana had several fraud convictions as well but I can't remember the 60 Mintues piece to remember the outcome.
edit on 21-7-2014 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Wanderer777

It fits with the agenda to disavow voter fraud. It doesn't exist, right? Therefore we shouldn't have to present ID. Therefore voter fraud can continue to be perpetrated.

At some point in time one would have to ask the question: "Why would anyone be against one step (voter ID) that would significantly reduce the chances of voter fraud?

You keep asking those types of questions and you can only arrive at one conclusion: So that voter fraud can continue... There is no other logical reason. It certainly isn't prejudicial against minorities, as has been stated and "debunked"... so what is the "new" reason?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Ah, yes. People convicted of voter fraud...and yet it does not exist!! lol

Nice post.

Anyone who denies the existence of voter fraud is either lying or foolishly ignorant. It is human nature that some will try and illegally influence an election. Just as it is human nature that some will commit murder, steal and cheat others. To deny so is to be foolishly ignorant.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6
a reply to: Wanderer777

I didn't say that voter fraud didn't exist entirely. Please, don't be ridiculous. I said it wasn't rampant, and that it's not an actual issue.

You guys didn't like the links I provided? Fine, here's more proof:

Voter Fraud: A Massive, Anti-Democratic Deception

McCain Strategist: Voter Fraud Is GOP 'Mythology' (VIDEO)

2012 Voter Fraud

It happens, but it's not that big of an issue, certainly not enough to require oppressive new laws to stop it.

Voter registration fraud did occur. But non existent people don't show up to the polls to vote.

edit on 21-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join