It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans “Welcome” Obama to Delaware With Their Backs to Him

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Because it has been shown that many Progressive backed protesters were paid.

Why do you hate kittens so much? And why do you not care that people kill kittens?

edit on 23-7-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Holy crap! How is requiring an ID unconstitutional? What is the problem with requiring an ID to vote?

If you claim it is discriminating against a certain group, you and anyone else saying it is full of it.

You have to have an ID to collect govt handouts/benefits/welfare/food stamps (SNAP). You have to have an ID to drive. You have to have an ID to cash a check. You have to have an ID to open a bank account. You have to have an ID to get an apartment. You have to have an ID to get an apartment in a HUD project.

So do not even bother to claim that they do not have ID's. That is a load of bovine excrement. The only reason one would fight voter ID laws is to exercise voter fraud. Period.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That, sir, is an ignorant argument.

You do not prove a negative, you prove a positive.

Case in point:

Can you prove you are not a child molester? I can say that I think you are, then when you reply that you are not, all I have to say is prove it. You cannot.

Hence your reply was either disingenuous or just plain stupid.

edit on 23-7-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

The only thing that requiring an ID to vote brings up is the idea of a pole tax. Since a small fee is required in most instances to get a State issued ID, it is claimed that it is a pole tax.

But, since an ID is required to establish a bank account, cash a check, receive Govt aid/welfare, purchase a house, rent, drive and so on, it is very much outside the norm for someone NOT to have a photo ID.

And I believe there are programs already in place to assist people in paying for a State issued photo ID.

The whole bitching and moaning about photo IDs is driven by the race pimps and Progressives.

It is the boogeyman in their closet.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

That still does not make it unconstitutional. It is not a poll tax. Period.

However, if one person votes fraudulently, then my vote has been cancelled and my constitutional rights have been violated.

It also says in the constitution that one must be a citizen of the US in order to vote. Can a felon vote? How does one go about proving one's nationality without an ID? How would you prevent a felon from voting if not with an ID?

In order for a vote to be constitutional one would have to provide an ID. If not, then my vote gets cancelled anytime an illegal votes, or anytime a felon votes. Therefore my vote has been "disenfranchised".

The excuse may be the poll tax approach, but it is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to legitimize voter fraud.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

How much pork was in the bill? That's typically why they are not passed. How much was set to be paid to various appointees?

No pork involved they wanted him to slap Iran with more sanctions even after they agreed to scrap their nuke program and allow for inspectors..and with that we should say.. THANKS OBAMA.!!
In anycase please klik the link for the full article.

A bill set to raise spending over agreed-upon limits, and you criticize them for not passing it? Here's a thought; how about all the money he's spending on vacations goes to veterans instead? Not to the people making lists of patients to ignore, not to the VA cops beating up patients, but to the actual vets and real benefits?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

1. I was joking till a bunch of crybaby vets decided to wet themselves in this thread. From what it read like some of them are gonna file for cases of ptsd after this thread.

No, you were not joking, and your later posts confirm that fact. You were being derisive and insulting to military people and veterans. You are STILL being derisive, in your claim that it was a "joke". Man up and admit you spoke what you believe.

I thought vets were supposed to be tough. Most of these guys wouldn't last a day in my shoes.

You wouldn't last five minutes in the life of a typical soldier. Being angry that you are insulting isn't a lack of being "tough"; calling names as you have done is the tactic of a schoolyard bully, and we all know that such bullies never stand up to any real threat.

2. I didn't say voter fraud never occurred at all, i proved it was not as prevalent as the right thinks it is.

Oh, really?

a reply to: cavtrooper7

Voter fraud is not an actual problem. It's a made up issue by the right. Its been debunked so often it's actually a zombie lie.

Your words.

3. Are you STILL on that birther crap?

Want to be more specific there, or just toss out more of your schoolyard bully insults? Everyone here sees the reality. You don't like the military. Admit it, and stop claiming your statements were a "joke". You meant what you said, and you have backed that up in more than one post, and no one is laughing.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

a reply to: bbracken677

I am talking about today, frankly, it's disturbing the number of people who are simultaneously pro gun, and at the exact same time willing to violate the constitutional rights of Americans by disenfranchising them with unconstitutional voter ID laws.

Are you still on that "disenfranchised" crap? It's a crock. Get a clue, already,a nd stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

1. You need valid identification to gain employment.

2. You need valid identification to collect welfare benefits, or social security, or food stamps.

3. You need valid photo identification to have insurance.

4. You need valid photo identification to obtain housing.

5. You need valid photo identification to attend school.

6. You need valid photo identification to drive a car.

7. You need valid photo identification to adopt a pet.

8. You need valid photo identification to buy a gun.

9. You need valid photo identification to obtain a bank account.

10. You need valid photo identification to obtain a credit card.

11. You need valid photo identification to write a check.

12. You need valid photo identification to apply for a loan.

13. You need valid photo identification to get married.

14. You need valid photo identification to board a plane.

15. You need valid photo identification to apply for a loan.

16. You need valid photo identification to rent a hotel room.

17. You need valid photo identification to obtain a hunting or fishing license.

18. You need valid photo identification to obtain a PO box.

19. You need valid photo identification to buy a cell phone.

20. You need valid photo identification to have utilities turned on.

21. You need valid photo identification to pick up prescriptions.

22. You need valid photo identification to get certain cold medications.

23. You need valid photo identification to purchase alcoholic beverages.

24. You need valid photo identification to purchase tobacco products.

25. You need valid photo identification to purchase spray paint.

26. You need valid photo identification to get a library card.

27. You need valid photo identification to enter a nightclub.

Even the poorest people need a valid form of photo identification, just to obtain benefits. Requiring photo ID to vote doesn't "disenfranchise" anyone. That's a crock.

For a relative non issue like voter fraud. If you compared side by side cases of voter fraud versus cases of homicide/suicide by firearm the issue we should be dealing with is quite clear.

When elections are won via voter fraud, it isn't a "non-issue". Trying to distract from the point with gun discussions is lame.

But again, to bring this back to the topic of the OP:

This protest was by a special interest group using vets to promote an agenda about a Russian made AK-47 that because of the sanctions against Russia at this time is banned from import.

Wrong. It's been pointed out many times already that the protest was that the priorities were wrong. Focus was on banning a certain gun, instead of on taking care of veterans. Pay attention.

Let's think about this, and see who we really need to be angry with. An American citizen who doesn't understand the unbridled hero worship that vets receive for doing a job they volunteered for, or a special interest group that is using veterans in a political ploy for no other reason than to make the president look bad, over a foreign made gun, that they temporarily aren't able to get.

Please people, a little critical thinking is all I ask.

People are angry at a politician that acts like he rules the world, and thinks rules and laws don't apply to him. No one has to do a thing to make him look bad; he's got that covered quite well on his own.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Nicely said. I would star you more than once if I could.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

manage a car wash

lol

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I wasn't talking about the wars, homie. I was talking about the humanitarian missions that the military does outside of natural disasters. But the media doesn't report on that because it doesn't produce ratings.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: Spider879

How much pork was in the bill? That's typically why they are not passed. How much was set to be paid to various appointees?

No pork involved they wanted him to slap Iran with more sanctions even after they agreed to scrap their nuke program and allow for inspectors..and with that we should say.. THANKS OBAMA.!!
In anycase please klik the link for the full article.

A bill set to raise spending over agreed-upon limits, and you criticize them for not passing it? Here's a thought; how about all the money he's spending on vacations goes to veterans instead? Not to the people making lists of patients to ignore, not to the VA cops beating up patients, but to the actual vets and real benefits?

Whoa! hold up LadyGreenEyes you just a page back wrongfully accused the man of gutting Veteran's benefits and deploying more troops to war when in fact he was trying to do the opposite.

You mean the things Obama is doing NOW??? Do you have any idea how many troops are still being deployed?? I do. Benefits cut, no real pay raises since he took office, and I can't even get needed meds I was getting before, because of him. Get a clue.

I gave you info that stated the opposite was true and it was I guess.. YOUR?? Republican congress that maliciously sough to destroy the bill first by linking it to the Nuke /Iran sanctions,that it would increase spending was an after thought,and yesss it would, such as it is those things cost "money" but so are the wars started by the previous administration that ran in the Trillions.

(Reuters) - The U.S. war in Iraq has cost $1.7 trillion with an additional $490 billion in benefits owed to war veterans, expenses that could grow to more than $6 trillion over the next four decades counting interest, a study released on Thursday said.

www.reuters.com...

All attempts made to pay for that war the old fashioned way by raising taxes have been blocked by Republicans who assumed that Iraqi oil would pay for it..good luck with that as Iraq is not even a country today and btw those same folks clamoring to deploy even more troops and get into even more wars from Syria,Iraq,Iran and Ukraine non other than your Republican leadership which you and others here have conveniently given a pass to, because all they have to do is puff their chest up wave the stars and stripes pat a vet or two on the head with a photo op and be done with it.
Just like they did with the first res-ponders after 911
Republicans Block U.S. Health Aid for 9/11 Workers

WASHINGTON — Republican senators blocked Democratic legislation on Thursday that sought to provide medical care to rescue workers and others who became ill as a result of breathing in toxic fumes, dust and smoke at the site of the World Trade Center attack in 2001.
The 9/11 health bill, a version of which was approved by the House of Representatives in September, was among several initiatives that Senate Democrats had hoped to approve before the close of the 111th Congress. Supporters believe this was their last real opportunity to have the bill passed

www.nytimes.com...

I swear even though I have major problems with Obama ,I found myself constantly having to defend him against zombie lies of the rabid right.
edit on 24-7-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mmali

Good honest money, $250.00 bucks to detail a maserati the other day, took me 3 hours.

Hard work for good money is something to make fun of these days? Oh I'm sorry, should i live on welfare and government handouts like a lot of vets do? Crying into a beer at a bar over my ptsd bull snip?
edit on 24-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Ok let's look at these lies:

1. You need valid identification to gain employment.

Not a constitutional right, voting is.

2. You need valid identification to collect welfare benefits, or social security, or food stamps.

You can get food stamps without an ID, I've helped a lot of homeless people get food stamps, no ID's required, just knowing their Social Security number is all that was required. You don't have to keep using your ID for welfare, and Social Security, it's put on a card for you when you get it.

3. You need valid photo identification to have insurance.

No you don't And it's not a constitutional right.

4. You need valid photo identification to obtain housing.

Not a constitutional right

5. You need valid photo identification to attend school.

No you don't, how many 6 year olds do you know with a government issued ID?

6. You need valid photo identification to drive a car.

Again, not a constitutional right.

7. You need valid photo identification to adopt a pet.

Not a constitutional right.

I think they should need a whole lot more than that, and there are laws that are set up for that, it's part of the well regulated bit in the second amendment that gun nuts constantly forget.

9. You need valid photo identification to obtain a bank account.

10. You need valid photo identification to obtain a credit card.

11. You need valid photo identification to write a check.

12. You need valid photo identification to apply for a loan.

14. You need valid photo identification to board a plane.

15. You need valid photo identification to apply for a loan.

16. You need valid photo identification to rent a hotel room.

17. You need valid photo identification to obtain a hunting or fishing license.

18. You need valid photo identification to obtain a PO box.

19. You need valid photo identification to buy a cell phone.

20. You need valid photo identification to have utilities turned on.

21. You need valid photo identification to pick up prescriptions.

22. You need valid photo identification to get certain cold medications.

23. You need valid photo identification to purchase alcoholic beverages.

Sure, because state laws dictate that.

24. You need valid photo identification to purchase tobacco products.

25. You need valid photo identification to purchase spray paint.

26. You need valid photo identification to get a library card.

27. You need valid photo identification to enter a nightclub.

It is a constitutional right to vote.

AMENDMENT XIX

Passed by Congress June 4, 1919. Ratified August 18, 1920.

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

AMENDMENT XXIV

Passed by Congress August 27, 1962. Ratified January 23, 1964.

Section 1.
The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

Section 2.
The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

AMENDMENT XXVI

Passed by Congress March 23, 1971. Ratified July 1, 1971.

Note: Amendment 14, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 1 of the 26th amendment.

Section 1.
The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

Section 2.
The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Where in all of that does it say you need an ID to vote?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here are some video clips of past president motorcades.
Nixon

GWB in Washington

GWB LA

And here is what a protests looks like when there is popular support:

GWB motorcade protest in Bellevue, motorcade starts around the 2:30 mark

If Obama is so hated why are there protests not drawing crowds like for GWB?

edit on 24-7-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I think they should need a whole lot more than that, and there are laws that are set up for that, it's part of the well regulated bit in the second amendment that gun nuts constantly forget.

So, regulate the 2nd Amendment, but not regulate voting. Interesting.

Well, isn't that interesting as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

So, regulate the 2nd Amendment, but not regulate voting. Interesting.

Well regulated my friend, no infringement in regulation.

Well, isn't that interesting as well.

It's a 10th Amendment issue, the states and the people respectively.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

There you go again. Redefining words and meanings.

(post by mmali removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Leave it to the small minds to do something childish.

That's really the only thing I have to say about this.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join